ELO Hell is a Joke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RhastaPasta

04-10-2011

The forums have been flooded with a constant stream of QQ about this so called ELO hell. If your one of the few who are complaining, your only in this hell because you are BAD. Stop complaining about how riot should fix matchmaking, matchmaking is fine! The game wasn't designed for you to win 100% of the games you play. Eventually you will get a team with feeders, every game has a feeder its part of the game mechanics, stop complaining about how bad your team is and learn how to adjust to your teams needs.

The only way to get out of this hell is to start taking the game seriously. Crying on the forums won't stop you from being bad.
1. Pick a character that fulfills your teams needs.
2. Buy wards for your allies that are feeding to prevent it from getting worse. "Bad players won't by wards to prevent them from future ganks" take initiative to prevent the other team from getting fed.
3. Don't demoralize your teammates by calling them a noob when they give first blood. Getting a player angry with his own team will result in intentional feeding or afk.
4. Own a champion of each category, tank, carry, support, etc.
5. Find other players to play with for solo queue. Queueing with one other person in ELO hell means you will have one less person to worry about feeding and possibly one more carry. Talk to players after games, get a friends list, take some initiative to get a better team.

And last of all, don't be discouraged when you only win 60% of your games. 60% will gradually take you out of this slump. Moving in ELO takes a long time for any bracket, if you can't face that fact then you really are not playing a game that suits your gaming needs. You don't become pro overnight.

Downvote incoming : /

Snosauce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2011

I agree with your post however there are definitely an enormous group of scrubs that play this game that prevent you from winning that 40% which makes it quite frustrating. The 50/50 thing really doesnt make sense but no game should be designed for the player to win every game, i agree with that as well. Also, buying wards for teammates just shouldnt be necessary lol but you're completely correct i constantly put wards in other peoples lanes

Alfafa

04-10-2011

Totally agree with ya. If you have luck you can climb the ladder even faster, though.

Dr rAndOm

04-13-2011

.... As a 770 wins player.. u need some friends. You made such a stupid conclusion... just because u got good luck and u dont have many friends who r also good. :/ Watching these good player friends on my friend list with at least 700 wins mostly... and watching the specific unlucky guy who is in a bad ELO even with over 1700 wins... I just feel ur talking a joke. Or u wanna argue like those beginners do: "wins mean nothing" "score is everything"? so "1k wins players deserve their low elo cauze they all suck."

Do u have to be that ignorant?

con4n

04-13-2011

1st, you are an idiot and this matchmaking really sucks, i have one of the best kill;death ratio of this game, better than anyone you can see in the homepage, and look my elo, terrible, i have lost thousands of games, due to noobs, quiters, and alike.

So now, i am not wasting my time playing this game cuz this matchmaking really sucks, they nerfed all champions, so i just cant own the other team if i get too many idiots in my team.

But this is one of my few replyes in forum, i am playing bloodline champions for 3 months, much better, it requires skill, and if you did good, the game will definetly tells you, that you did good on the final score.
this game is arena based, without stupid creeps, round start, find your enemy and kill them, rounds and games are fast, so you dont get mad, of playing a game for 40-50 min an lose because of a leaver or something.

sefy98

04-13-2011

I have like 12xx elo (just started rated) and I played with a blitz who fed more than 15 kills and had about 5 kills. It was his first rated game and me and a vlad carried him, if not for us practically doing 3v5 (we had an unfed kennen who knew how to play too) we would have lost. Elo hell exists, you probably made your way out of it and don't have to worry about it anymore, but that blitz belonged in 800 elo range. I even commented when he ran into enemy jungle trying to anti jungle ww that he probably hasn't played in many ranked matches. Oh and he fed 2 kills within the first 2 mins of the game.

NiksBrotha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

I am stuck in elo hell too, but I am at 1900. Elo hell in my point of view = a player stuck in an elo range due to other stupid people around him.

Astral Yorae

04-13-2011

I aways wondered about that Elo Hell thing. If there are so many persons "stuck" in Elo Hell because of a bad team, how come those people never get in same team and, as consequence, have higher probabilitty of wining?

What I noticed in the games my team loses, the true causes usually are:
1) Ragers - they either leave, stay walking in base to not get detected as afk and keep trying to surrendering so he can play another match faster (sometimes even feed on purpose).
2) Leavers/AFKers - those that just leaves for stay afk for no reason, just for a big lack of consideration. If you are not sure you have enough time to play or if you may get interrupted in middle, don't queue.
3) "Ego Hell" - people call mid, call solo lane, call jungle. Sometimes, when they are just not doing very well, instead of swaping, asking help, warning that need to heal or anything else, they stay there. Sometimes, feeding, sometimes letting tower die, sometimes refusing help.
4) Lack of adaptation - people avoid swaping lanes or change his "build recipe" to adapt to enemy team. So many times I heard so many excuses I can't even remember. Ok, you can have a super deadly build. If you are GODLY DPS squish melee and they have a lot of cc and burst, you still need to survive to be able to even hit them. Better stay alive to dish 500 damage than to bet on "luck or death" for a small chance of dealing 1500 damage. Think about it, if the enemy team had such champ, who you would stun/focus/take out of battle first?
5) Lack of teamwork - people wadering loose on jungles when team is preparing to gank, people trying to be "Rambo", people flaming/raging about KSs (better to get a extra hand and make sure enemy don't scape, of that you don't die. In the end, the gold goes to your team), people pointing fingers as excuse to his own mistakes. All of those makes the teamwork worse and worse during game. The more blames and flames, lower your moral to suggest a plan and lower the will of the team to be united.
6) Lack of strategy - random ganks on bad positions (melees can't reach targets, team will be obviously surrounded and so on), people being baited, team entering in a bush when they KNOWS all 5 enemies are there, wrong champ acts as initiator, people trying to get kill withou measuring consequences (yes, you can kill that 100 hp feeing foe in the middle of the other 4... but you will probally die also... worth it? if your their team is in advantage, it don't. One more kill/gold for them... if your allies are dead... maybe some extra towers for them also).

If you and your team policy yourselves with the items above, you will probally win. Even if you don't, you can be sure it will be a really good game and worth it anyway, as both teams played well.

Argothes

04-13-2011

Elo "hell" might not exist, but that can't stop people from complaining about a bad teammate. Hell to me is getting a Twisted Fate who back doors constantly even though the enemy team has fortifies. And that happens. A lot. Elo hell can be caused by one drunken idiot or a 12 year old who's so bad he says hes drunk. The bottom line is you can NEVER count on pugs to help you, which is why Duo Queuing is the way to go. I'm currently in this Elo "hell", and the only games I win are the ones I play with someone I know. Pugs suck, that's the name of the game, but there are ways around it so yes, people should stop crying. I personally ran out of tears.

Jürgen IV

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr rAndOm View Post
.... As a 770 wins player.. u need some friends. You made such a stupid conclusion... just because u got good luck and u dont have many friends who r also good. :/ Watching these good player friends on my friend list with at least 700 wins mostly... and watching the specific unlucky guy who is in a bad ELO even with over 1700 wins... I just feel ur talking a joke. Or u wanna argue like those beginners do: "wins mean nothing" "score is everything"? so "1k wins players deserve their low elo cauze they all suck."

Do u have to be that ignorant?
No you don't need friends or luck to rise in elo. You need to stop being a ******ed ****face and stop feeding. Then you will rise in elo. But people like you can't figure that out even after 1000 wins.

You are ignorant. If these ******s with 1000 wins in ranked still sit at low elo then they definitely deserve to be there and are as horrible players as they were 800 games ago. Average player doesn't improve over certain level.