Most Overpowered Champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JarOfCandy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

05-30-2011

rammus. /thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLTanG View Post
The normal bans are:

Vayne (cc+ true dmg + 2 second movement skill + stealth + Snowballs like crazy)

Eve (sets up great ganks cuz of the stun)

Alistar (massive CC on that champ, malphite like ult on like 12 sec cooldown, can build any way he feels like it and tank just fine with ult)

Amumu (top tank in the game, best initiator, stun, AOE % health drain ability)


Otherwise most other characters are pretty even, and if played right can do well.
If you're banning Vayne and Eve you're wasting 2 bans.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vidu Got Em

Senior Member

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
If you're banning Vayne and Eve you're wasting 2 bans.
eve and vayne are not wasted bans in mid-low elo because eve stomps on over extenders


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheONLY Vidu View Post
eve and vayne are not wasted bans in mid-low elo because eve stomps on over extenders
Then don't over-extend?
Buy wards?
Call SS?

If you're banning Vayne and Eve you're basically saying;

"Since my team doesn't know how to play, focuses the tanks, overextends the lane, and doesn't know how to buy wards, I have to ban these 2 easily countered champs to compensate for it!"

You'd be better off banning 2 more tanks so your team stops focusing tanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UpsideVII

Member

05-30-2011

Quote:
Then don't over-extend?
Buy wards?
Call SS?

If you're banning Vayne and Eve you're basically saying;

"Since my team doesn't know how to play, focuses the tanks, overextends the lane, and doesn't know how to buy wards, I have to ban these 2 easily countered champs to compensate for it!"

You'd be better off banning 2 more tanks so your team stops focusing tanks.
Even if I can personally handle Vayne/Eve, I like to take the chance to ban them when I'm the top player on my team (in low elo obv) simply because it prevents any possibility of my teammates feeding them and losing the game for us, as many weaker players can't seem to stop dying against either of those champions. It's basically preemptive feeder-prevention.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsideVII View Post
Even if I can personally handle Vayne/Eve, I like to take the chance to ban them when I'm the top player on my team (in low elo obv) simply because it prevents any possibility of my teammates feeding them and losing the game for us, as many weaker players can't seem to stop dying against either of those champions. It's basically preemptive feeder-prevention.
They aren't even the worst champions to feed... By that logic you should ban Tryndamere, Mordekaiser, Master Yi, etc. Needless to say I think your logic is flawed, but I'll leave it at that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AKUxBossMan

Junior Member

07-05-2013

i think the easiest way to put this is that there are certain champs that are OP inside there classification such as bruiser, adc, support, apc, Jungler. etc I personally hate Blitzcrank and thresh as supports especially when i am squishy. When it comes to bruisers Tryndamere is decently Op and Chogath is annoying because he never seems to die. ADC's Teemo playing adc is pretty hard to play against especially when he has a fast team behind him. anyway just thought i would throw my 2 sence out here


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tim Allen Talon

Senior Member

07-06-2013

Thresh

Jayce

Elise

Janna


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akromah

Senior Member

07-07-2013

There are some "secret op" champs that no one expects to be strong and catch people off guard (swain, viktor, trynd, twitch, lane trundle, lane shyvana for example).

As for popularly accepted as crazy strong I think TF, Nunu, Ezreal and Thresh are the four most accepted. Rumble/singed/elise/sona/lux are up there too. Just about any champ can be exploitative. I'm a big fan of snowballing the secret op champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baal Haded

Senior Member

07-07-2013

The only champ that I think is OP right now is Nunu. Single-handedly puts most champs down, very good counter-jungling, and has a good ult for team fights, as well as being naturally tanky with high damage output. I wouldn't argue that Nunu is soooo bad, but his Q needs to be nerfed. It picks people off too easily with no risk involved.

Other champs are very strong right now, but most of them can be countered in some way, or can be combated by someone else on your team.