[Guide] Rocket Punch Blitzcrank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

You clearly speak from a lot of experience, but I guess we have different approaches.

Hmm. I don't think you have that kind of damage on power fist at level 6 without building some damage items. Sheen would make it maybe 200, tops, unless you happen to get a crit. That said, you can certainly harass a little more effectively using grab/fist with an early Sheen.

There is a reasonably common scenario wherein your Rylai's ult slow helps: it is when you initiate and then take so much damage that you are either dead, or forced to run away right after. If your entire group needs to run or their entire group needs to run, that is when area slow would help the most, but I'll admit that's not so common. However, consider that repositioning to properly use abilities is often desirable once a group fight starts, and that takes longer to happen if everyone is slowed.

As for the grab slow, well, suppose you grab and they flash? Done with proper timing, this leaves you unable to fist them - but with Rylai's they are still slowed.

Sometimes, too, it's not just about whether or not you can catch them but how far they can make it in the meantime.

I don't always get Rylai's but I would say it's far from useless and it's (IMO) a perfectly valid item choice. I kind of prefer stacking health to stacking mana, so we've got different angles on that.

Brozan

03-16-2010

I play blitz in two phases. I start with +armor pen reds and quints and yellow dodges (blue is usually mana). That gives me good burst early game with rocket punch/sheen.

I then build towards the skills you have laid out and work towards LB/AP items. This gives me strong burst late game as well. I will have a bit less magic pen than your normal lightning crank, but all in all I prefer having strong early and late game presence and losing a bit of damage.

edit - I am saying this to clarify why my E attacks do so much damage early game.

Empyron

03-16-2010

This is actually a fun build. I've tried it and been pretty successful with it, but it requires good teammates. You aren't gonna go soloing towers or anything with this build. I would agree that needs moar Sheen.

RoA, Boots, Rylai's, Frozen Heart/Glacial Shroud, Sheen/Lich Bane.

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

Thanks for the feedback.

The specific optimal item build path depends on your playstyle and the other team. Either way, yes, blitz is very dependent on teammates in laning and in team fights, as he is primarily still an initiator. The only thing that makes a complete solo gank blitz viable is if you find someone who is already injured and pull them away from safety before they can react. The late laning phase is when you want to make your play, as that maximizes your chance of finding injured enemies.

In other news:

With the new Zhonya's ring giving even more AP and having a 2 second stasis, I'm thinking that could be a very good thing for an AP blitz. Initiate, fist, freeze yourself so as to avoid the other group's reflexive targeting of you, and live, while the guy you pulled dies. On the other hand, if you do this, you aren't soaking up the debuffs that would normally get dumped on you at this point and preventing them from being used on your carry.

I'll have to do some testing to see how it works out.

Lorifel

06-29-2010

So, what was the outcome of your Zhonya's testing? =)
I've not tried an AP build for Blitz yet, but I'd like to.