"I Feel So Depressed": NEED HELP WITH AMUMU

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

woopyfrood

06-28-2010

Alright, new player here. It's only been two days and I've already decided that Amumu is my favorite champion (and I'm going to buy him from the shop when I have enough IP).

Now, Amumu is listed as a tank. So, I gear him up with health-regen, some armor, and much-needed mana-regen equipment so I can jump right into the front lines...and promptly be the first in line to get hit with the rape stick. Despair and Tantrum are good for taking out hordes of Minions, but I'm easily kited by ranged champions and easily out-damaged by melee heroes. Even when I team up with others it still ends the same. Even when I'm teaming up with others (which Amumu should always do) the only useful thing I do is buy them an extra 10 seconds from the wrath of enemy champions.

This must mean that I am playing him completely wrong.

So, experienced players, I need your help.

Kriptini

06-28-2010

First of all, screw the regen. Regen is horrible in this game, aside from the Golem buff.

Get a Rod of Ages as fast as you can. This will give Amumu plenty of Health, Mana, and some AP to let him push creeps easier and do some damage to enemy champions.

I would also reccomend getting Boots of Swiftness because it helps you get in position for Bandage Toss and Curse of the Sad Mummy, but Mercury's Treads are also good because they reduce the duration of CC's on you and give you some Magic Resist.

Since Amumu likes to travel with allies, it only makes sense that he should get an Aegis of the Legion, which gives him health, armor, and magic resist, in addition to granting armor, magic resist, and some bonus damage to nearby allies.

Now, Amumu will need some armor. Sunfire Cape is probably your best option. It gives a ton of health, along with a substantial amount of armor and a nice effect that lets you do extra damage to nearby enemy creeps and champions.

Next, Amumu needs some Magic Resist. Banshee's Veil is the best choice, giving a plethora of health, mana, and magic resist, in addition to a refreshing spell immunity. However, this makes your build very expensive, and it may be better in some situations to get a Quicksilver Sash, which offers plenty of Magic Resist and an activatable effect that will cure all debuffs on you.

Finally, Amumu should get a Guardian Angel. This item gives Amumu even more armor and magic resist, in addition to an effect that will revive you when you die once every five minutes.

Ultimately, though, a successful Amumu is dependant on his teammates. Good luck, a decent Amumu is always welcome on a team. =)

woopyfrood

06-28-2010

Thanks...I'm writing all this down.

shubomber

06-28-2010

Leaguecraft has a couple of good Amumu guides.

Here: http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...Group+Hug+Time

and Here: http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...rt+Amumu+(Tank)

They're pretty similar, but not entirely the same. It'd be a good idea to read through both.

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

Rylai's Crystal Scepter is also good because with W he gets a passive slow, and Kriptini's build is good