Ryze's Utli

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iLL Logik

02-23-2010

I was wondering if this was a common occurrence, if this person was cheating, any number of things possible. My friends and I were in a match and this Ryze had his ultimate popped every single time. I thought it might be CDR but it would be impossible to have it popped every second. Also we noticed that sometimes he would have the buff twice, now whether this double buffed him we don't know. He could have been cheating or it was just a graphic glitch, but he hit hard. We would ask him how he had two ultimate buffs and he replied really good CDR, but the cap is at 40% and the duration is only 8 seconds so it would be impossible to keep it on all the time. I have never seen this happen before though. Thanks.

miltow

02-23-2010

Why didn't you take a screenshot of this?

And why didn't check to see if he had AP from his ult all the time?

Also when his ult is on the spells have an aoe and make some particular effects, was that the case?

Volf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

Hey I play Ryze and another guy asked me the same thing. The guy you were talking about was not cheating, just a graphic glitch don't worry.

and the cd reduction total is around 12 secs, so the c/d of the ulti is 18 secs, minus the time it's on. soo umm yeah, that's low enough to have it for every team fight possible lol.

Ryze is fragile as ****, gank him early and its gg for him, he's not op... :P

iLL Logik

02-23-2010

I just thought it was a one time occurrence at the time, was infuriated with the game. I wasn't think about it at the time. I was just notifying Riot more than anything. Trust me if I see this again then I will take a step further in my investigation. This is to also alert other players who might possibly see this to take screenshot and document.

iLL Logik

02-23-2010

Also this wasn't an OP thread, that wasn't my point. It was about a graphics glitch just as you said.

Uncle Fester

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-23-2010

miss

Intrepidsville

02-23-2010

Its impossible to get a CDR low enough to use it twice.

Personally I've never noticed it, however it's very likely a interface bug.

Unless you took a noticeable increase in damage when it happened, or noticed his ability power went through the roof then there isn't much to worry about.

Arlando

02-23-2010

to clarify, the lightening going around his torso is what indicates hes using desperate power. ive bugged out several times where i had the animation going after i cast it. sometimes being stunned right after i press r would cause it. it would last until i died or recalled or something.

when i play against ryze, i just always assume hes using desperate power. if i notice hes not hitting hard, then i know he isnt. if hes gunning for you, hes about to cast it. if youre still alive 8 seconds later. you can see if it goes away.

check his ap, check the ap of his items. if his ap is +100 of his items then hes probably under the effects of the spell. if it continues, then it might be a bug and we should try to replicate it.

ive played probably 20 games this week with ryze, ive not noticed my desperate power being up without casting it. however, maybe they have to do something special to do it. as it stands i think it was just a glitch.

Umaril

02-23-2010

Yeah, I doubt this is a bug...toward the end of the match, if Ryze is build toward CDR, he can get pretty beastly with his ultimate.

Cooldown on Ult is 40 secs. After 40% CDR, it becomes 24 seconds. Factor in the time it takes the spell to complete (8 secs), and you're left with 16 seconds. THEN consider his passive CDR ability which takes 1 second off of his ability cooldowns for each spellcast. So it drops to nothing really quickly.

The end result is that a CDR Ryze can pretty much hit his Ultimate again approximately 8 seconds after it ends. Now, while he has certainly defeated cooldowns in his build...those types of Ryze are severely limited by their mana. If you see a Ryze like this, I would suggest prompting your Physical DPS player to purchase a Wit's End. A Ryze without mana is pretty freaking worthless, no matter how low his cooldown is.