Is there an ELO Hell?

Yes 86 63.24%
No 27 19.85%
Maybe? 10 7.35%
Quit LoL, or Quit Whining! 25 18.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Proof Of ELO Hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruskraaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2011

I see that you die a lot, you may have to play a bit less aggressive or improve your playstyle.
You can also duo queue with someone you know that are higher rating like 1500-1700. If you are a good player who doesn't belong into that ELO you should be able to find some friends in normal games (assuming your normal rating is fairly high)

Alfafa

04-10-2011

Well, what should I say... you gotta be persistant dude.... I once was stuck in 912 ELO (my minimum). Somehow I managed to get out of it and now i'm 1400 ELO. All i'm saying here is that it's possible. I know sometimes it may seem too hard, but you gotta keep improving your player skill, encourage ur teammates and not discourage them by insults... And of course you'll need luck.. But it's possible.

Regards

cLHx1

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskraaz View Post
I see that you die a lot, you may have to play a bit less aggressive or improve your playstyle.
You can also duo queue with someone you know that are higher rating like 1500-1700. If you are a good player who doesn't belong into that ELO you should be able to find some friends in normal games (assuming your normal rating is fairly high)
was thinking of that and trying to do now

cLHx1

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfafa View Post
Well, what should I say... you gotta be persistant dude.... I once was stuck in 912 ELO (my minimum). Somehow I managed to get out of it and now i'm 1400 ELO. All i'm saying here is that it's possible. I know sometimes it may seem too hard, but you gotta keep improving your player skill, encourage ur teammates and not discourage them by insults... And of course you'll need luck.. But it's possible.

Regards
true, trying and advice taken

Raziel99

04-11-2011

I'll ignore the fact and admit in one that I haven't played ranked games, but that's the not issue I'm going to try to help with.

Everybody is trying to make a way to match players, but with only wins or only losses. Why not both? Match people by a win/loss ratio. Before anyone says it, yes, that means someone with 100 w/ 1000 L could be matched to someone with 10 w / 100 L, but people learn to play with better and more experienced people. Of course, there would be some flexibility with the matching, since not everybody can have the same exact w/l ratio.

Cotilin

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskraaz View Post
This is actually very good advice. There are some problems with frequent deaths, even if your ratio turns out to be positive. When you trade blows with another player, you are increasing your strength relative to every other player in the game, but you are also making the rest of your team weaker against the champion that is killing you. This places you in a situation where you are required to carry your team, and can snowball into deaths for your teammates. Also, if you are in a 2v1 situation, even if you happen to kill one in exchange for your death, the opposing team will receive more gold in return (usually), because one player is receiving a kill and the other an assist. Obviously, there are situations where this cannot be avoided, and trying to take one out is your only option. However, aiming for a positive ratio and fewer than 5 deaths in a game is a solid goal to have.

Angel Yáng

04-13-2011

I was stuck in elo hell for the longest time..

Roodvlees

04-15-2011

The math is simple: you have 4 allies and 5 enemies, their all of a certain level (with some randomness). On average you can make the difference as the 5th player by playing better. Of course you could have bad luck and lose a few games, but say after 50 games, you will increase ur ranking if you deserve it.

Also you demand so much from the system, it's a free game, everyone can join and play for free, of course you will get tons of random people. This system also causes huge amounts of people to play, therefore it cannot be a very complicated system or it will be too expensive to manage. Also we all want to game to find opponents quickly and not wait 5 mins, so the matchups can't always be perfect.

If you must have a totally fair and reliable system: World of Warcraft! OMG you will have to pay for it!

Ten Dollar Name

04-16-2011

I don't know. I think there should be some bias on ranking based off individual play. Maybe 50% of the rating change is based of team win/loss, 50% off a variety of other stats. Not just K/D ratio, but stats that actually matter.

I'm stuck around the 900 mark right now, yet I have played every champ several times, have a good grasp of all their strengths, weaknesses, good builds to counter them, etc.

I have a solid grasp on the Zone control concept, and I typically harass well enough to outlevel my opposing lane by 1-2 lvls.

In champ pick I try to get everyone talking and come up with a generic good team comp (1 AP carry, 1 AD carry, 1 support, 1 tank, 1 jungle) and I tell the jungler and the ad carry to err on the side of 'tank dps' if they have one as that's the current 'metagame'

I started playing ranked at level 30, but during the time where lowbies could also play ranked right when it was fresh, and pretty much all of my games were losses. What am I supposed to do?

Beat me head against the wall until I get a streak of luck and move ahead?

I don't care how good one player is, you can't carry an entire team of fails.

Asian Girl

04-16-2011

no such thing as elo hell, just bad players who don't understand the game.