Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is there an ELO Hell?

Yes 86 63.24%
No 27 19.85%
Maybe? 10 7.35%
Quit LoL, or Quit Whining! 25 18.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 136 .

Proof Of ELO Hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

04-09-2011

ELO Hell was introduced into the League of Legends when RIOT allowed level 20-25's to be able to play RANKED games. Ever since then, RIOT has not fixed or reset any of the bad game play from the past. Only those lucky enough to not get LEAVERS and MENTALLY CHALLENGED people on their teams were lucky enough to advance past the ELO HELL mark.

Leavers/Afkers happen all the time every game in ranked. BUT only in the LOWER elo brackets.

Now i am not claiming to be the best LoL player at all, but alls im saying is i know what im doing and i cant carry all the time. and even when i do, the outcome isnt what it should be. not due to my fault or lack of skill... but then who? TEAMMATES IN LOW ELO.?

Ok so here it is, the game where i WON with chogath about 10 mins before the server went down today, i even gave up first blood as my 3rd time playing chogath ever. i know this wasnt smart to play a character i was so unfamiliar with but my team needed a tank and it was all i could do to help. Eventually i got the hang of chogath rather quickly as i picked a great combination of items against the team i had to vs.

The very next game ( after servers came back up ) Instantly we have people logging into league of legends. But of course over 50% Of the people playing LOW ELO ranked are going to do THIS VERY SAME THING OVER AND OVER! because they dont care and have been playing ranked since level 25.

Go look at that Dusty Guys' profile. Only 13 wins.. in ranked.. and im sure he had nothing to do with any of them.. Why match up a person with 13 wins compared to a person with 100+ wins?

IMO you need to match people up according to their WINS.. but thats just me.. either way.. Something has to be done about the system. here you guys go.. Proof is in the "Pudding"

LOW ELO is ELO HELL.

cLHx1

04-09-2011

The only thing i forgot to add was im NOT saying its never been my fault i lost a game, but just that it cant be ENTIRELY my fault and there has to be a better match making system. When season 2 comes out, the same exact thing will happen again and again.. Maybe this time HotshotGG will get his first 5 games with leavers and afkers and feeders? Will he get out of ELO hell then? and who knows.. Ive seen some AMAZING players in lower elo brackets that seem to have the same problem as i do. Even the players who are like 745-735 are in LOW elo brackets.. It cant be those players lack of skill which is the reason they are still in low elo.

metalman0210

04-09-2011

i agree shouldn't scale like that

Jarmanuel

04-09-2011

Er, matching people by their wins wouldn't be such a good idea. Then you would have situations like a 150 w / 50 L person get stuck with like 150 w / 9999999 L =P . But I do agree, it is unfair. Still, many high elos make smurf accounts and are able to get out of low elo fairly quickly, so it can't be all luck.

And if you play enough when Season 2 starts, you'll have a better chance at getting out of low elo. Right now, you're at an elo with a large amount of feeders and trolls and such, but when season 2 starts, everyone, including the best players, will be at the same elo, making you much less likely to have feeders.

For now, I would say just keep playing and always try to get better. Prepare for the start of season 2 so you have a better chance to escape.

cLHx1

04-09-2011

Quote:
Vgfanatic1:
Er, matching people by their wins wouldn't be such a good idea. Then you would have situations like a 150 w / 50 L person get stuck with like 150 w / 9999999 L =P . But I do agree, it is unfair. Still, many high elos make smurf accounts and are able to get out of low elo fairly quickly, so it can't be all luck.

And if you play enough when Season 2 starts, you'll have a better chance at getting out of low elo. Right now, you're at an elo with a large amount of feeders and trolls and such, but when season 2 starts, everyone, including the best players, will be at the same elo, making you much less likely to have feeders.

For now, I would say just keep playing and always try to get better. Prepare for the start of season 2 so you have a better chance to escape.

i would agree.. just hope they find a solution or come up with some witty ideas to make this more manageable.. and i hope people just realize that elo hell is real and the only people arguing against it seems to be people not in the lower elo area =/ but good response

NyELiTeRiCaN

04-09-2011

I agree with you. My brother was able to climb out by playing nothing but carries regardless of what his teammates choose. thats probably the best bet. I sometimes do better than him (he is in the 1500 rating) yet im in the 900's and always get stuck with some person either afk'ing, buying AD items on leblanc, or feeding... whatever i learned to accept it and just play normal. there is no getting out. even after 5 wins in a row i got 3 weird players afterwards and just went right backdown where i belong LOL

0xpRelentless

04-09-2011

I like Wwick with Greaves, elo hell is real.

Druiddroid

04-09-2011

Quote:
cLHx1:

IMO you need to match people up according to their WINS

so people that get something like 600 wins and 800 losses should wind up playing with other people with 600 wins and 500 losses??? no

Quote:
many high elos make smurf accounts and are able to get out of low elo fairly quickly

right

if you're stuck in ELO hell and have to gain something like 50 wins to get out, might as well get yourself a smurf and take your improved skills to 1200, you dig your hole by playing like **** and then have to play a lot of games (eg. with a ~55-60% of winning them if you are a 1400 player or w/e) to get out

cLHx1

04-10-2011

Quote:
Druiddroid:
so people that get something like 600 wins and 800 losses should wind up playing with other people with 600 wins and 500 losses??? no

Plus a person with those ratios wouldnt BE in the same ELO bracket togeather.. so youre not making sense and are just talking out your ass again.

Ok maybe not wins.. but matching two players with 600 wins regardless of their losses would still be better than matching a 600 win with a 100 win person. which is what happens EVERY SINGLE MATCH. The ammount of losses shouldnt matter, the person has wins for a reason, most people dont get that high of wins by not doing anything or not having any skill.. infact name me one person that doesnt have some sort of skills with taht many wins in ranked. I mean WHY THE HELL is a 600 win person in the same ELO bracket as a 13 win person? Honestly makes no ****ing sense.

Now that ive suggested this, youre only going to focus on the negatives and try to complain or whine about how its not fair cuz the other person has more losses. If two people have 600 wins but one of them has 100 more losses. then this would be the point in the game where you would try to lead your team to victory and would actually have some precedence to trying to win... instead of trying to tell a person with 13 wins and 100 losses to not go afk and not feed and to try to BD towers. because they wouldnt have any idea wtf youre talking about and youd be lucky to get them to respond to you.

and again you say i play like **** when i have proven time and time again this is not the case.. some games i may not be 100-0-100 or i may even go negative, but by no means at all do i play like ****... Your a moron for saying that at all. and yes.. all your other theorys no flipping coins and claiming consistancy is the answer is completely wrong and i stick by my answers on your other post saying how youre an idiot

Quote:
if you're stuck in ELO hell and have to gain something like 50 wins to get out, might as well get yourself a smurf and take your improved skills to 1200, you dig your hole by playing like **** and then have to play a lot of games (eg. with a ~55-60% of winning them if you are a 1400 player or w/e) to get out
and no again.. your math is very incorrect. you would need to win about 80% of the games to start getting positive.. and even then you wouldnt be much more positive than 1300's.. and winning 80% of the games in a LOW ELO setting is just UNHEARD of. and it wouldnt happen.

Making a smurf account seems pointless as i wouldnt have all my champions and runes... and im not one of those people who chooses to pay money to have all my stuff. although i did purchase an ip booster when the game first came out..

Plus playing Normal games vs Ranked games are completly different. you can have a person that dominates normal games all the time, but once they step into a ranked game, there strategy goes down the toilet and they end up feeding or something.. this is why you have so many people who play ONLY NORMAL.. and arnt even good at ranked games who end up feeding or just playing bad.

cLHx1

04-10-2011

So how about matching people up compared with their losses? If youre going to complain about that then jus match them up with their losses..

oh wait you couldnt match them up with losses because youd have someone with 1 win and 10000 losses.. matched up with someone with 100000 wins and 10000 losses.

ok then forget about matching people up with wins/losses.. MAKE A NEW SYSTEM THAT MAKES SOME BIT OF LOGICAL SENSE IS ALL IM SAYING... WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD... AND TO SHOW THAT THERE IS AN ELO HELL WITH PLAYERS THAT WILL NOT LET YOU GET PASSED A CERTAIN MARKING..

And if alls your saying for a solution to this is to remake an account and retry at level 30 then that would be pointless for anybody to play this game.. Already nubs and nubs galore are making these so called "smurf" accounts.. Why would i want to do all of it over again just to get back to 1200 and have it happen again and again? because maybe this time i'll win my first 5 games? i doubt it, but even if i did, i dont think it would be worth the TIME to do it over and over.. I mean i dont think that was the point of the game. making multiple accounts... no thx. i just dont feel i should have to re-make my account because level 25s and 20's were allowed to play ranked games when it first came out..