Low Elo / Normal Roaming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paShadoWn

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsack View Post
If you don't want people to get mad at you like "OMGZORS ALISTAR BOT WTF NOOB!!"
... or rather, you do not want to read about it, you can move chat window down. It is dragable.

Gunflame

04-10-2011

Alistar roaming is AWESOME and evil

Jarmanuel

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paShadoWn View Post
You do not know low elo as i do: from unranked to 1300 there is a blissful place where fresh newcomers and stubborn defiant scapegoats are abundant. Imbeciles start from 1300 to 1450.
Something to look forward too =).

Stauffastalkalot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2011

I have roamed as Alistar and set up some easy kill in low elo. People in low Elo like to push their lanes forward if a lane is over extended and you are Level 2 its easy to flash pulverize and headbutt them into tower range, but again dunno how easy this is in higher Elo. Currently 1279 Elo and so far won all 3 game that I have roamed with Alistar.

Something Snazzy

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgfanatic1 View Post
Well, when you're a jungler, you need to coordinate ganks with your teammates, and if they are too far pushed, you won't be able to get any kills and will result in you being underfarmed and possibly underleveled. Since I play junglers often, there is often be a 2v1 lane, and I've a lot of capable people there.
True, but a few things though. Whenever I jungle, if my team pushes too hard, I tell them that I'll wait to gank because they are pushing too hard. I won't even bother attempting a gank unless I feel like there is a good shot at getting one. Instead, I'll go grab dragon, keep jungling, counter jungle, place wards, etc. This will protect my team and keep up my level/gold. As Alistar, you won't have the same luxury to chill if there are no ganks.

The other thing is, having a 2v1 top is not the same as having a 2v1 bot, especially because they could also have a jungler. Most teams have two carries that could do okay in a solo lane, so having a 2v1 isn't a big deal. But with a jungler AND Alistar, you need to have 3 carries that can solo. Got a support who can't solo well? Where are they supposed to go? Also, if they have a jungler, you have to figure at any given time, it could be a 3v1. The advantage to roaming is that you can force a 3v1 in their two solo lanes but it still puts your bot at a disadvantage.

Another thing to think about is the fact that Alistar starts in lane and thus steals some experience. A 2v1 top = a couple level advantage by level 6. This means your 2v1 will have their ult (Kat comes to mind) to destroy the two level 4's. But a 2v1 bot doesn't have the same advantage. Even if you start to roam at level 3, your 2v1 will be getting their ult only slightly sooner than the enemy.

It is definitely doable, even in unranked or really low ELO, just be careful and think of your/their team comp.