Low Elo / Normal Roaming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarmanuel

04-09-2011

I was thinking about picking up Alistar for a good roamer and a tank that isn't instabanned. The thing is, I'm still unranked in solo queue (only played 8 ranked games) and I'm wondering if roaming is worth it in low elo and normal queue. I know it would work great against most enemies since they aren't use to a roamer, but at the same time, my teams wouldn't be used to it either. And I know that I will often get people bot raging me because I'm "a noob" and left them alone.

Clearly, I should ask in champ selection if my team is fine with me roaming, but still. Do you think it's worth it for low elo?

Call Mee Maybee

04-09-2011

Imo, roamer/tanks are pretty clutch on any ELO. If you don't want people to get mad at you like "OMGZORS ALISTAR BOT WTF NOOB!!" then you can always go with someone like Singed who fulfills a similar role. Personally, when I see a teammate pick someone like Alistar or Blitz I get pretty excited b/c they will most likely control the map and make the game all around easier for their team

Ricky McFly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2011

allistar go cdr boots and 5 philo stones and replace them with phantom dancers. ghost and flash push towers like a boss and split teams in fights.

malphismia

04-09-2011

No, it's not worth it. You need teammates that know how to coordinate a kill. If this is not the case, you're just going to be wasting your time, walking around the map like a goofball while your teammates push their lanes, and you'll be underfarmed, underleveled, and not a game changer.

Jarmanuel

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
No, it's not worth it. You need teammates that know how to coordinate a kill. If this is not the case, you're just going to be wasting your time, walking around the map like a goofball while your teammates push their lanes, and you'll be underfarmed, underleveled, and not a game changer.
Well, the same thing really applies to junglers, does it not? And they are common in all elos (except maybe super low, like 800 =P).

ShinKaigan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-10-2011

I can't testify for sub-1000 Elo but roaming is pretty good in any game. Sure, your teammates may be morons but just about anyone can figure out the next course of action after you ping, stun and headbutt an enemy champ in their general direction.

Booterang

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgfanatic1 View Post
Well, the same thing really applies to junglers, does it not? And they are common in all elos (except maybe super low, like 800 =P).
Not really. Junglers remain on par in level with the duo lane, slightly above it acutally. Being a roamer means you are going to be underleveled and underfarmed. However your solo lane bot will get more gold and experience if they are a good player that can last hit and 2v1. You probably won`t find that in low elo.

LilSam23

04-10-2011

i tried it twice, worked once

Jarmanuel

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booterang View Post
Not really. Junglers remain on par in level with the duo lane, slightly above it acutally. Being a roamer means you are going to be underleveled and underfarmed. However your solo lane bot will get more gold and experience if they are a good player that can last hit and 2v1. You probably won`t find that in low elo.
Well, when you're a jungler, you need to coordinate ganks with your teammates, and if they are too far pushed, you won't be able to get any kills and will result in you being underfarmed and possibly underleveled. Since I play junglers often, there is often be a 2v1 lane, and I've a lot of capable people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinKaigan View Post
I can't testify for sub-1000 Elo but roaming is pretty good in any game. Sure, your teammates may be morons but just about anyone can figure out the next course of action after you ping, stun and headbutt an enemy champ in their general direction.
I'm actually in the high 1200's (finished up my 10 games to get ranked), and I'm not really sure if that's still considered low elo or if its high-low/mid elo. I'm guessing that it's much better than trying to roam in the 1000's though.

Thank you for the responses everyone. I guess I will buy Alistar, it seems like it is worth the try and he's pretty cheap. Also, I do play premade sometime so he could be great for that.

paShadoWn

04-10-2011

You do not know low elo as i do: from unranked to 1300 there is a blissful place where fresh newcomers and stubborn defiant scapegoats are abundant. Imbeciles start from 1300 to 1450.