Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KeVoN xD

02-22-2010

I have recently start playing janna, and i can say that she can be a good suppot but she need a little buff in her ap ratios, cause she cna only damage with two skyll with are

"By creating a localized change in pressure and temperature, Janna is able to create a small storm that grows in size with time. She can active the spell again to release the storm. On release this storm will fly towards the direction it was cast in, dealing damage and knocking away any enemies in its path. Janna summons a mighty whirlwind, which she can release to deal 60/85/110/135/160 (+0.75) + 20/25/30/35/40 (for each second it charges) magic damage to all targets in it's path, in addition to knocking them into the air. The distance traveled by the whirlwind increases for each second it channels.
Cooldown11 secondsCost80/100/120/140/160 ManaRange Global"
i think it has to have an ap bonues for each second it charges by about (0.15) (so for 5 second charge and 100 ap it would be a 75 damage bonus)
And the other one is zephyr

Zephyr - Janna summons an air elemental that passively increases her movement speed and enables her to pass through units. She may also activate this ability to deal damage and slow an enemy's movement speed. Passive: Increases Janna's movement speed by 8/10/12/14/16%, and allows her to move through units.

Active: Janna launches her elemental at the target dealing 60/115/170/225/280 (+0.8) magic damage, and slowing their movement speed by 24/30/36/42/48% for 4 seconds.
Cooldown13 secondsCost40/50/60/70/80 ManaRange 600
I think it has to be increse it ap bonus to 1.0

Eye Of The Storm - Janna conjures a defensive gale that shields her target from incoming damage while increasing their physical damage. Janna shields her target, absorbing 100/150/200/250/300 (+0.8) damage and increasing the targets attack damage by 24/30/36/42/48 for 12 seconds (can target Turrets).
Cooldown12 secondsCost70/85/100/115/130 ManaRange 800

Same happens with the shield wich is 0.8, it has to be increased to 1, or just increase its attack bonus by 0.1/0.2 ap, look at morgana she isn`t full support and have a shield that escale by 1, and iths mitigate all magic effects, its freaking great

Take in mid taht the little damage that janna does comes from their magic and their relative large cooldowns, so buffing some of it wouldn`t be OP.

SAludos

Volf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

I agree

Xyirx

02-22-2010

Her tornado could do more BASE damage, less channeling bonus damage but added stun duration as it channels.

Krosan

02-22-2010

I've played a lot with her. I understand they're working on adding something or buffing her a bit, but it's a ticklish job. She's a bit underpowered right now, but they run the risk of seriously breaking her if they do much. She is a fairly versatile support right now, with lots of ability to break up fights and cover retreats; she actually has more ability to help a team escape a losing fight than any other champion I can think of at the moment, with her tornado/shield the low-health carry/knockback the enemy team combo.

The biggest problems with Janna right now are twofold. First, her ult really is pretty lackluster. It's got its uses, and it's a magnificent "O****" button when she gets jumped by half the enemy team, but in a teamfight, it has little real use outside of healing. Second, the metagame, and solo queue in particular, doesn't really care for a champion who isn't a good damage-dealer, and Janna's damage output is pretty pathetic.

Buffing her AP ratios very significantly would be a mistake. She'd be too big of a presence if she could put out serious spell damage in addition to everything else, and then they'd have to bring out the nerfbat; Janna doesn't need to go through the same buff-nerf yo-yo that Gangplank and Katarina (well, for Kat, mostly nerf) have been going through.

I remember someone talking about the possibility of assist credit being assigned for buffs. Considering that Janna's best contribution is "pick a squishy DPS, stick to him like glue, shield him like it's going out of style, and annoy the hell out of anyone who tries to kill him", that'd be a pretty big buff by itself.

She's not meant to be a spell killer like most of the other casters. She's meant to be the one who takes your carry and raises him up into a walking tempest of facemelt.

Dawncaster

02-23-2010

Yea im going to have to agree, her damage (atleast from her tornado's) are perfect the way they are.

However her Zypher could use a very slight boost in dmg, the dmg it does now is so pathetic it really isnt even worth specing into untill the others are cap out. Now im not asking for some huge nuke, but for goodness sake atleast make it cause dmg.

Also as someone else pointed out her ultimate is really rather dull, its usefull in the sense that yes it heals your party. but it could use a little something xtra like a continual pushback or higher amount healed. I think the constant push back would be the better and more balancing of the two however.

Kurotsuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncaster View Post
Yea im going to have to agree, her damage (atleast from her tornado's) are perfect the way they are.

However her Zypher could use a very slight boost in dmg, the dmg it does now is so pathetic it really isnt even worth specing into untill the others are cap out. Now im not asking for some huge nuke, but for goodness sake atleast make it cause dmg.

Also as someone else pointed out her ultimate is really rather dull, its usefull in the sense that yes it heals your party. but it could use a little something xtra like a continual pushback or higher amount healed. I think the constant push back would be the better and more balancing of the two however.
Imo for ult remove the aoe healing, and add a weaker heal that heals all ally no matter where they are, and keep the pushback...

Sakabu

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
(...)
Janna AP ratios are at a point where AP build are significantly weaker that either damage build or cooldown reduction build.

Which means a lot since gale doesn't scale too well with cdr (because cooldown start after it's fired of, not at the beginning of the channeling). I don't share all the OP views, particularly about Zephyr which is IMO, where it should be, for a nuke with this cooldown, manacost, that also brings
in a snare and a passive ability. From a cooldown perspective, all janna's AP ratios are weak.

Overall, both the character and her skills are underpowered. Why bringing them in line should hurt ? What's the risk ? Bringing Janna higher in the tier list ?

I think her shield deserve an AP ratio of 1 like OP. I wouldn't mind seing base damage absorption reduced to 80/135/190/245/300 from 100/150/200/250/300 in the process.

I think gale deserve 0.6AP coefficient +0.1 per second spent charging (and a 0.1s stun per second spent charging)

The real trouble with Janna is not that there's no viable option in item build, rather that all of them are equally weak.
Right now, with just sheen and armor penetration runes, a battle janna will outdamage and outburst its AP counterpart (that's the end of the line seriously, considering how low a battle janna is in the damage specter).
CDR is an arguably decent build, but i gradually find CDR build on most of the characters weak unless there's some specific synergy with it, or nowhere else to go.
Mostly because its price is idiotic, first, and then because you get the most out of it when you reach the 40% CDR cap, which often suppose a 6~8k-ish build without mastery and runes. That means the cornerstone of your build is layed down right when your carry does the same. To simplify, for a support, you're as slow as a carry without a carry-ish output.

Which is not good news. But i digress, we're talking of Janna. An intelligent way to make Janna better would be to make AP worthwile.