Zilean Problematic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Intrepidsville

02-23-2010

It's a good tower suggestion.

But overall Zilean doesn't have much more to go on in terms of offense, he has a laning advantage due to one AoE but very little advantage if he is being ganked/trying to take on another player.

He's support.

The GZA

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venega View Post
I'm torn ....
Like Natalie Imbruglia.

The recent buffs have made zilean much more viable early game, but he's still very easy to take down if you focus him. If he goes deep past the tower to bomb you, take that opportunity to mess him up. Chances are he's gonna try to speed outta there. His bomb was gonna go off anyway, so might as well hurt him or make him spend more mana.

He's my main hero, and he seems quite balanced right now. Very strong if solo leveled. Decent support if laned with a partner.

Tricolor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namime View Post
Ok, they need to do one change to him he is the only mage type that i noticed that the damage goes throw sivirs spell block. even karthas ult the globle attack with a 3 seccent warningm can be blocked after it is hit i beleave his bombs sould be treated the same way, i hardly use banchies vail so i dont want to say athing about it going though that since i cant conform that yet
you need to shield before he puts the bomb on u to avoid it..
the bomb is counted as a debuff that does damage after 4 secs so using a shield after the bomb was placed shouldnt deny it

and he cant put the bomb on u if u have veil up....

Arlando

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

i play with a zilean named kokirri, who is very awesome. before the buff last couple patches ago, he was awesome, now hes even more awesome. playing with him i guess gives me experience on how to face off against other zileans, most of which i feel are several calibers below the skill of kokirri.

in a game today, me, as ryze, and xenocidalrage as evelyn, went up against a zilean and a rammus. the one thing i noticed that the time warp on rammus' powerball was pretty awesome, but other than that we didnt have much trouble at all.

if you are paired up, you gotta make sure that the time bombs get as little hp as possible and getting no kills. make sure the aoe effect is wasted, when youve got the timebomb on you get away from your ally and your minions, in that order of priority. take turns taking the time bombs. dont let him get you low enough to double bomb you to death. remember that bomb can be cleansed, so if its the one thats going to kill you, cleanse it if you can.

early levels its tough, if hes smart he will get time bomb, rewind, time bomb so at level 3 expect double time bombs. its at this point you gotta make him pay. get a gank from another lane.

while i do think the range is a bit far right now, i dont think its enough that he cant be countered. i dont think theres a dire need to reduce the range.

i think people expect way too much out of their game at levels 1-5. ive had games where i had more champion kills than minion kills. if you cant farm, harrass, kill champions at level 3, then maybe you shouldnt be.

Judah the Lion

02-23-2010

'Nothing wrong with the clock. Quit the QQ.

God forbid there's remotely compelling support champs.

ichi the killer

02-23-2010

Every heroes have pros and cons. Zilean is able to harass really good during laning phase. On the other side, he only has one nuke. He's support after all. Don't be dumb when you see zilean going toward you. Make him pay for that bomb he wants to put over your head or retreat but don't stay still farming creeps. The thing with his bomb is that he has to be in range (time bomb range is 600) which makes him vulnerable when he's that far from his turret and without his ult.

About his time bomb mechanic that allows him to ''tower dive'' a time bomb without being hit by the turret, it's a double-edge sword. Numerous times, I've stunned/snared Zilean (as ryze, sion or morgana) under my turret and end up killing him. That's why knowing all champions and their abilities gives you valuable knowledge about when to hug your turret and when to take blue pill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlando View Post
remember that bomb can be cleansed, so if its the one thats going to kill you, cleanse it if you can.
You might want to consider playing with cleanse. It is really good for that kind of sticky situation where you have 200 hp left and a bomb over your head. Altought, I'd rather have flash.

Zilean is fine, no nerf is needed.