Why All The Hatred for Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queggy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-22-2010

She's an awesome character. I just played my third game with her and I went 17/4/17. Honestly, I think people are just a bit ticked off that she's no longer godly like she used to be. But just because she's no longer as powerful as she used to be, doesn't mean she's useless.

People need to remember that she's not a carry and she's not a tank, and she's not even a regular DPSer! She is an assassin. She'll find a champion and she'll rape their face. Usually.

Shunpo itself is one of the most amazing champion spells in the game! It's a targetable flash that deals damage, costs no mana, and is on a less that 10 second long cooldown!

Admittedly, he her ult has a short cooldown and makes her stay in one place, but it's also on less than a minute long cooldown and can target three champions! That's why you wait for someeone to stun the enemy before shunpo-ing in and ulting. I think it will be interesting to see how her Ult works out with the buff in the new patch.

Admittedly, I haven't played very many games with her yet, but so far she is the champion I've had the most fun playing, and I honestly can't understand why people are hating her so much.

Thoughts? Comments? Flames?

NcSmile

02-22-2010

1st

Ranzera

02-22-2010

In b4 omg 17/4/17 nerf Kat now!!!!

Paara

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranzera View Post
Your wish is Riot's command. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Katarina
Added a new updated particle for Death Lotus.
Fixed a bug in which Death Lotus would not immediately deal damage.
Death Lotus channeling time reduced to 2.6 from 3.
Ps. Test realm notes though so meh.

Queggy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranzera View Post
You didn't get the point did you? I wasn't posting that as an e-peen flex, or an "OMG KAT IS SO AWESOME AND OP." She has her problems. I was posting that as a, "Wow, it's kind of unusual to get this kind of KDA for the third time playing a champ."

@Paara - That's not a nerf. There was another post somewhere I read by Lima Beans I think that said that they were also adding in an extra dagger. So it's now more damage in less time. AKA a buff.

fourSKlN

02-22-2010

you are probably playing in **** elo games...

she got nerfed to **** in the last patch so everyone dodges her

Queggy

Recruiter

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveSKIN View Post
you are probably playing in **** elo games...

she got nerfed to **** in the last patch so everyone dodges her
I'm level 24 and have been winning almost all of my games recently.

Also, I have not been dodged yet, not have I seen anyone dodge a Kat on our team or the other team.

Cenki

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queggy View Post

Also, I have not been dodged yet, not have I seen anyone dodge a Kat on our team or the other team.
Your spouting BS, what gave it away was not realizing why adding that tidbit at the end was foolish.. You never saw the opposite team queue dodge their kat? Yeah I haven't seen an opposite team queue dodge anyone specifically before either. Weird.

Manturion

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queggy View Post

The problem lies within what you just said. You are level 24. Meaning you are still playing against scrubs.

MiCrOwAvEz

02-22-2010

Yeah sorry Queggy but in higher level games she's incredibad but I accept that she might still be viable in lower level games.

The crux of the matter is, for something that is so easily stunnable/dodgable etc. her ult does far too little damage.