Katarina and Garen...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

We've seen them as rivals and than later seen them grow to respect each other and even enjoy each others Company. Though with thier high profile lives and duties where do they fine the time and place to discretly deal with all that stress together without being caught or suspected? After all, they're always in the public eye and nearly everytime they're near eachother the media seems to be jumping of the bushes to catch them.

Would an official relationship between the two be used in the future to strengthen the ties between Demacia and Noxua or is the bad blood too strong even for those of their popularity and stature in Runeterra?

Dracorya

05-19-2011

...I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing any sign of the "enjoying" each other's company part in any official lore. They still are very inclined to start a brawl as soon as they lay eyes on each other if given a good enough reason.

Zhanael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

To be fair, the entire latter half of Garen's bio is dedicated to his relation to Katarina.

Quote:
Garen, the pride of the Demacian military and leader of the Dauntless Vanguard, returned from this battle breathless for the first time in his career, though some speculate that this was due to reasons other than exhaustion. The plausibility of these rumors was bolstered when, in every instance thereafter, Garen seized the opportunity to encounter the Blade Mistress again. A paragon of Demacian ethic, Garen never entertained such allegations, for he knew others couldn't understand. Even simply the pursuit of a worthy opponent on the battlefield is, to a true warrior, the reason to rise each morning. The promise of one, particularly so beautifully and diametrically opposed, is the validation of his existence.
Can't recall if there's been anything else. I'd say he enjoys her company quite a bit...matching his blade with hers, but I don't think it's a Romeo and Juliet thing. They're definitely rivals, and if there's any affection between them, it's only expressed in their constant fights against each other.

Elite Midget

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
...I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing any sign of the "enjoying" each other's company part in any official lore. They still are very inclined to start a brawl as soon as they lay eyes on each other if given a good enough reason.
Untrue. They even spent alone time at a bar in that mining city that Noxus and Demacia want. It was said to be quite civil.

Elite Midget

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanael View Post
To be fair, the entire latter half of Garen's bio is dedicated to his relation to Katarina.

Can't recall if there's been anything else. I'd say he enjoys her company quite a bit...matching his blade with hers, but I don't think it's a Romeo and Juliet thing. They're definitely rivals, and if there's any affection between them, it's only expressed in their constant fights against each other.
They were mentioned by Blitzcrank, and Riot in turn, as one of the official LoL Couples along with Ashe and Tryndamere.

Crazy Wilhelm

05-19-2011

She gives him reason to rise each morning? I really hope that was an accident, Riot.

Elite Midget

05-19-2011

You really think it was an accident? Especally after Riot listed them as an official couple?

Like Blitzcranks instant breeding Dateing Service that Katarina signed up for and was given a night with Garen and decided to remain with him?

LordHippoman

05-19-2011

There are about 400 fanfics about this.

But honestly, I think Katarina is just a little too psychotic, and I can't see Jarvan and Swain being ok with this sort of thing. Especially not Jarvan. I think Galio would support him though.

Galio's just chill like that.

belthazor3457

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
We've seen them as rivals and than later seen them grow to respect each other and even enjoy each others Company. Though with thier high profile lives and duties where do they fine the time and place to discretly deal with all that stress together without being caught or suspected? After all, they're always in the public eye and nearly everytime they're near eachother the media seems to be jumping of the bushes to catch them.

Would an official relationship between the two be used in the future to strengthen the ties between Demacia and Noxua or is the bad blood too strong even for those of their popularity and stature in Runeterra?
You should probably read my League Judgement - Katarina [fanmade] ...I touched on that some.

To answer the question, you have to look at their personalities. Katarina is someone who quite simply enjoys killing. If there was a relationship with Garen, she would want to keep it quiet, because she would want Demacia and Noxus to remain at war, so she can continue killing - something she now does in the league of legends, only because that's the only place she can go to find violence. She has no interest in peace, and a relationship between the two of them would be something she'd keep quiet, because it would bring about peace - and as I said, that's not what Katarina wants.

There is such a thing as having a rivalry that isn't buried in hatred, even if the rivalry often leads to violence. The best example of this in real life would be world war one. There were numerous incidents where people on both sides simply stopped fighting because there wasn't any animosity to provoke them to attack one-another (and natrually a bunch of people got in trouble for not fighting).

The point is, them being on opposite sides does not automatically mean they hate eachother or don't respect eachother any more than opposite genders automatically put them in a relationship just because they don't try to kill eachother whenever they see eachother.

Since the war is over by the time of the klammy-land incident, they obviously respect eachother to go to a bar and share some drinks. This doesn't automatically mean they're interested in eachother from a romantic standpoint. But, as mentioned earlier, if there was a romance, Katarina would want to keep it quiet, because she's not fond of peace between Noxus and Demacia. Garen would prolly want to keep it quiet too, because the Demacian royalty would likely scream at him for his choice girlfriend, and he doesn't want to listen to the QQ.

From a technical standpoint, there's a chance of a relationship by blitz's claim that "champions remain in their suggested pairings" and garen-kat was one of them... however, this can be interprited a number of different ways.. keep in mind, Rammus was paired with a cactus, and ashe+trynd is a relationship that was purely political. There's a chance ashe and trynd never actually "did it", since it was a joining of need for both their people's mutual survival. That could well be a loveless relationship that both were forced to do out of love for the people they lead.

The fact is, ya don't know for sure.

Elite Midget

05-19-2011

Though nothing is forceing the two to be together as Blitzcrank put it and apparantly they're very compatible with eachother.