perspective on taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koslomac

08-24-2009

The only problematic thing I see about taric is his ulti. 20% extra damage to teammates is a lot.

kFrog

08-24-2009

I think you give Taric too much credit. What Taric is great at is ganking other players. His stun is only single target, and he really doesn't put out much damage compared to other heros. In team fights I find him to be very subpar, his heal is useless late game (Tanks have 2-4k hp!) ... I guess what I'm saying is Taric isn't OP in my opinion.

What makes Taric seem OP is the lack of ability of other players to keep from getting ganked. Taric has a stun which makes him great for ganking, and until players learn to stop overextended, watch for missing, etc ... a Taric with the Frozen Mallet will simply kill people who are places they shouldn't be (or if Taric brings a friend, ganking in LOL is very easy at the moment until people learn to watch the map more carefully).

I find heros such as Alistar (AE stun? Punt?! AMAZING ulti?!?! Yes please!) and Rammus (taunt, armor buff AND a stun? Yes please!) to be much more solid heros, and I would vote them to be closer to OP then Taric. Taric explodes, has a single target stun ... sure he can gank exceptionally well with a RANGED stun, but I'd rather face this guy then a number of other gank-stars. Once people learn to play it more safe, and the rate of ganking goes down some, I feel Taric's popularity will go down as players realize there are much better heros to go gank with.

kFrog

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
Sion anyone? More then 600dmg on his, it lasts 2 seconds, he does way more damage melee so more to fear, and you only wait about 5 more seconds to use then Taric...if its 5 seconds.

*I am not complaining about Sion..I like the guy but I fail to see the crying on Taric when Sion is worse about the same situation*
Well, what makes Taric a bit better of a ganker is that his stun comes back fast, so he gives his team a lot of time to chase people down. But again, if you take Sion and give him a Frozen Mallet ... he becomes loads better then Taric at ganking.

Don't bash on Taric so soon, I've yet to see a Taric be useful against my friends and I when we group queue ... take away his ability to gank and he really isn't that impressive.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-24-2009

hers a better idea. Buff CD and mana cost on stun

Bianary

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kFrog View Post
I think you give Taric too much credit. What Taric is great at is ganking other players. His stun is only single target, and he really doesn't put out much damage compared to other heros. In team fights I find him to be very subpar, his heal is useless late game (Tanks have 2-4k hp!) ... I guess what I'm saying is Taric isn't OP in my opinion.
You're saying an almost pure team support character is great at ganking.

Do you not see the contradiction here?

Vangu

08-24-2009

Sions CD is only about 4secs longer (without cd reduction) and does a ton more damage then his. Well maybe not a ton but it does more. Though I do agree Taric can use his stun more often then needed but I have already said to have it scale with level in one of the other hundred nerf **** thread,

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2009

taric having a stun makes him TOO good in a team fight, let alone a solo fight. this fact is obvious and if riot does not remedy this in the next patch (i highly suggest blind or armor reduction instead of stun) then i will have lost a large sum of faith in their ability to create and balance a game.

Poet

08-28-2009

I've played Taric enough against some pretty good competition, and it's not that he's OP, but just that he's consistently powerful the whole game, with very little learning curve.

IMHO, it's because he's able to do so much, slightly better than ok. Not awesome. Not decent/ok. But somewhere in-between awesome and ok throughout the whole match.

He's a great healer/ganker/late game decent tank/lane farmer...And that's all with the recomended item set? One of the four has to give a little to balance him out. And i hope it isn't the healing.

My 2 cents. The stun should work only from the front; who gets blinded from light from behind, anyway. You could keep the damage of the stun, but balance it out the champion as a whole by nerfing his ganking ability. This would hut him a little early game, because he would be harder to get kills with and assist with kills, but he would retain his defensive capability, as well as stuner in team pushes.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

08-28-2009

taric is super OP. The more organized your team is, the better he is.

He's the best healer in the game by far, and also has one of the best stuns in the game.

If he gets golem buff, he can turn his ultimate on and never turn it off until the golem buff wears off... and his ultimate is stupid good.

When I play him, I often go only like 1-1, or 2-0, but the affect I he has on the game is just unreal. Stuns, heals, ultimate rock!

Business

08-28-2009

don't exaggerate. it's not beneficial to correcting a hero. He can not golem buff / perma ult.