perspective on taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2009

whenever somebody says taric is op, a ton of people jump in and say he's "perfect".

bull****.

if a hero is perfect then he is not perfect for the game. everyone should have drawbacks and vulnerabilities. everyone keeps saying that he so versatile and perfect for any situation, which is EXACTLY WHY he needs to be changed.

honestly, i think he has great hero design and balance with the exception of one huge advantage (and therefor flaw). his stun. i do not care about how much damage it does. i care about the fact of the stun. bringing a stun, a complete and total disable, to any situation automatically gives you a HUGE advantage. this advantage applies to ANY situation. he then becomes advantageous in 1v1 combat with MOST champions, and brings this advantage to the group battle as well. with a good chance the allied group also has a stun or roots, this advantage multiplies. coupled with all the rest of the good he can do, this is simply too much.

how can we balance this out? remove the stun condition and replace it with blind. blind is still a very effective debuff in certain situations involving physical damage, but its nowhere near the effectiveness of a stun. removing the stun will put taric EXACTLY where he is supposed to be in the group.

im tired of seeing my teammate tarics dominate. im tired of enemy tarics dominating. im tired of people gloating how perfect he is because they're on a power trip and enjoying killing so well.

Zeta

08-24-2009

He's not the only character with a stun. And the stun is really his only offensive power, at ALL. He kills like ****, really, unless you build him for damage. Get over it.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2009

your perspective is far too small.

Bianary

08-24-2009

I fully support changing his stun to a blind.

Also, his ult should probably do scaling mana cost over time so that it can't be permanent as long as you have the golem buff -- but that's almost the lesser issue, imo.

Tr1poD

08-24-2009

I haven't really made my mind up yet on Taric. The problem is I can see him turning into another Soraka that nobody wants to play if he is messed with too much. I think its good to have a strong support character. Either way I don't think he is that crazy that he needs a nerf right away. Best to wait untill we have the full range of characters.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-24-2009

I think taric is beautifully crafted. Absolutely amazing. I am absolutely against turning his stun into a blind.

That being said, I also think he's overpowered. However, I think he's overpowered in a ## sense, not a mechanic sense. I think twiddling with the values on his hero will be far more fruitful than some other hero value-twiddling has been.

Xagur

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
He's not the only character with a stun. And the stun is really his only offensive power, at ALL. He kills like ****, really, unless you build him for damage. Get over it.
you missed his W which is a good nuke that also reduce armor by 50(!), and his ulti which gives somethign with 60 or 80%+dmg? more than many champs. and he is an healer anda support, not dps, but atm hes that too.

Vangu

08-24-2009

well according to the game he can a tank also...so get over the fact he can do damage as well as heal. He heals to make up for lost armor/health ..etc. He is a paladin think you people would understand that.

Bregan

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
well according to the game he can a tank also...so get over the fact he can do damage as well as heal. He heals to make up for lost armor/health ..etc. He is a paladin think you people would understand that.
that in no way excuses a stun.

Vangu

08-24-2009

Sion anyone? More then 600dmg on his, it lasts 2 seconds, he does way more damage melee so more to fear, and you only wait about 5 more seconds to use then Taric...if its 5 seconds.

*I am not complaining about Sion..I like the guy but I fail to see the crying on Taric when Sion is worse about the same situation*