Warmogs mundo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Call Mee Maybee

04-09-2011

Warmogs should be Mundo's 1st or second item. Don't listen to these LOL clowns running atmas and zeal on him.. he's a tank/damage soak.
The reason people generally hate warmogs is because armor + some health is generally better than tons of health/regen but in mundo's case the massive health is better given his ult.

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2011

Warmogs + Atmas + Zeal = Good times. If you can grab a solo lane, I would definitely rush a Warmogs if you can it + boots within 15 minutes.

Kordos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-09-2011

Mundo's arch-enemy is the ignite spell. Not only does it reduce healing by 50%, but it applys a dot, that mid-game with the 50% reduced healing, will completely negate your Ult. Have you tried QSS? not sure if it will work on summoner spells, but its an option if it does.

Mirelyght

04-09-2011

first off QSS works on ignite....heck it works on most everything. secondly warmogs farms up super fast...its seriously easy with mundo's aoe to wipe out a coupla creep waves or some neutral spawns. warmogs doesn't require killing champs to farm it up.

if you have tanks and you picked mundo then you have a choice....theres nothing requiring you to go tank except for team composition. i personally enjoy warmogs and notice a big increase in survivability due to its synergy with your passive and your ult.

theres no singular "right" way to build mundo...its all about your role in the team so dont listen to the inflexible posters that insist their way is the "right" way. do what works for the game your in.

i also agree with using mundo in the solo lane if you know how to play him...he comes screaming into the other lanes like a beast riding a train riding a t-rex that has rockets for arms.

DramaticBear

04-09-2011

The regen is pretty worthless, you're better off with a Randuins/Mallet.

Sacull Kinslayer

04-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
The regen is pretty worthless, you're better off with a Randuins/Mallet.
Math is hard.

I have to question anyone who thinks any regen is pretty worthless. Warmogs on Mundo works amazingly well BECAUSE of the huge HP that makes his passive better which also makes his ult better. And the items natural regen stacks with your natural regen (and the mastery tree upgrade on regen) which makes you heal ridiculously fast. Even without using your ult. Not to mention IF you have both FoN and Warmogs you can run around with your W on AT ALL TIMES and not lose any health. Making you almost impossible to stop. Period.

And here is some math on Warmogs vs Bloodrazor which I know will be the next contrived argument. I copy and pasted this from a section in my Jarvan guide.

Warmog's Armor: Some people swear by it. Some people like it. Some people hate it on any hero. It forms a nice synergy with Atma's Impaler. I personally do not use it often on Jarvan. I let a person decide for their own self on this item. But the Madred's Bloodrazor argument against using Warmogs is one of the silliest arguments I have ever seen. Why? Because 1) it doesn't matter if you have 1000 HP or 3000 HP it does a PERCENTAGE of your HP in damage. 4% is still going to have to be multiplied by 25 to get to 100% no matter how many HP you have. 2) The damage from Bloodrazor is MAGIC damage and people forget about the mitigation. A Jarvan tank has a ton of magic resist. Which further negates Madred's Bloodrazor. Most people don't factor that in when they think about it. Here is some math for you

For our examples we will assume we are facing someone who does 100 damage + the 4% from Madreds. Yes that number is low but it is an easy number to work with.

First example we will use 2000 HP

4% of 2k is 80. So our opponent will be doing 180 damage a swing to us. So in 11-12 swings we will be dead. That is with 0 mitigation factored in.

Second example we will use 3000 HP. Basically it is the First example but we just bought Warmog's Armor and we haven't quite leveled it up all the way.

4% of 3k is 120. So our opponent will be doing 220 damage a swing to us. It will take 13-14 swings for him to kill us. That is with 0 mitigation factored in.

Hmmmm interesting. Now lets factor in some Magic Resist. Let's say we have enough magic resist that it reduces the damage by half. So instead of 4% he will be doing 2% magic damage to us.

2000 Hps. 2% of 2k is 40. Now our opponent is doing 140 damage a swing. So now it would take 14-15 swings to kill us.

And now what if we have Warmogs and mitigation. 2% of 3k is 60. So he does 160 damage to us. So now it will take our opponent 18-19 swings to kill us.

Math. It does not lie.

Poopsak

04-10-2011

I main on Mundo. I only have 5 ranked wins with Mundo, but I have only played him 5 times in ranked. I Always get a Warmogs in any mundo build. It works very well with his passive and ult on top of the fact that you have survivability and increased window with which to harass with in the lane.
Usual build for me is
Merc
Warmogs
Thornmail
Force
Starks
Infinity Edge
There is one thing that I just can't seem to understand. Why do all the other mundo's build Spirit Visage? Yes call me a noob if you want to, but I never take it and usually beat the snot out of any other mundo I come across. This last part is probably for a different thread tho.

Setanos

04-10-2011

On tanky Mundo I go defensive / utility masteries. I start with regrowth pendant and hp pot, build into Warmogs, then boots, then Force of Nature. At this point W can be always on.

After that it depends on the opposing team. Sometimes frost hammer, sometimes something more defensive.

unR Mohrisbetter

04-10-2011

Warmogs is a fantastic item, don't let anyone tell you different.

The problem is, in order to be fantastic, it needs to be farmed quickly (requires a solo lane usually or being put with some type of low-farm support bottom), and once built, requires heavy farm to get stacks.

Basically, warmogs cripples your character early game, but is monstrously good mid-late game. But if you can think ahead of what kind of lane you'll be put in and get really good at last hitting, you can mitigate the negative aspects and enjoy how incredibly strong warmogs is on mundo.

A good goal would be having your warmogs around 20minutes or having your Spirit Visage and warmogs shortly after 25 minutes.

The best mundo I know builds no attack items, rarely builds an atmas, and can reliably get warmogs, boots, SV by the 25ish minute mark. When your ult is on a sub 40 second cooldown you'll be all over the map and learn to bait out ignites.

AreYouReady2Die

04-10-2011

Warmog's is the best item in game for mundo hands down.. Duh?

Spirit visage, boots, warmog, sunfire, abyss scepter, thornmail.. GG mpen runes just turn fire on and eat them.
Typically 15-20 kills/ 5 deaths or so with that build.