Warmogs mundo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeedDynames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

Hey guys, i started playing mundo a bit and i kinda like the feel i get from him. The thing is, i am usually tanky and build tons of health, usually sunfire FoN spirit visage and Frost hammer (although i might take that out of the build) to get the max health i can. However, when i am low health and i get ignited i still seem to drop instantly.

Just now i played a game with another mundo, and i noticed how incredibly tanky he was all game, easily walking through 4 people's focus fire. I check the end game stats, and i am surprised to see a warmogs on him. I know the health and regen stat are almost perfect for mundo, but the reputation warmogs has makes me unsure of weather i should use it.

What do you guys think? Is warmogs bad on everyone, even mundo who needs the exact stats it provides? or is this like malady where it is a very very niche item, but useful on certain champs.

JohnnyThrash

04-08-2011

Gives you health which in turn fuels your spells since all his spells are based on health, and it gives you added regen to add on top of his naturally high hp regen. Seems like a decent option to me.

Tokinatoor

04-08-2011

I like a single warmogs on mundo...

I get spirit visiage and merc treads first.

It gives him some power behind his R.

Its great with Atmas...

When i need even more health as like a 6th item i go with frozen mallet though.

Sacull Kinslayer

04-09-2011

Core:

Merc Treads
Warmogs
Force of Nature

Seondary:

Starks Fervor
Hextech Gunblade
Hextech Gunblade

Instead of 2 Hextechs you can swap 1 (or both) out for Frozen Mallet and Rylais. You can also use Spirit Visage if you are so inclined.

bladeofwill

04-09-2011

Warmogs+fon+atmas seems like a strong build for mundo if your getting farmed/fed.

Im hardly a mundo expert though.

Prometheius

04-09-2011

Only if you're fed up the ass. If you can't get kills/assists, it's useless. It gives the most bang for buck early game defensive item on any champion, but blows if you can't get it raised.

Larson McMurphy

04-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedDynames View Post
but the reputation warmogs has makes me unsure of weather i should use it.
By this I think you mean all the warmog's hate out on the forums. Only people who don't understand math hate warmog's. It gives you amazing EHP for you money, even un-farmed. If you rush it, then its really easy to farm up, even without kills or assists, just by killing minions. After its farmed, its one of the most cost effective items in the game, PERIOD. It's not the right item for every champ, but for mundo, always always always rush warmogs. It'll make you unstoppable.

VinnyNapalm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2011

i agree... regen is the most important thing for mundo and warmongs gives a ton of it... i always start with it on him and i always seem to do pretty well... just be careful if there is a ww on the other team... good chance hes gonna get the claw and youll be hurting late game

DEAFRAY

04-09-2011

I play mundo a lot in ranked games with decent success. I go 50/50 w/l with him, always have, from 1000-1400 elo. Usually I play him as a tank of last resort in the duo, rush warmogs, starting with the regend pendent. I like merc treads most the time but berserkers greaves and masochism will destroy towers faster without actually building any AD so thats nice.

After Warmog's + Boots I get either Spirit Visage or anything that builds our of chain vest, Randuins and Atmas are the most ideal.

Once you have Wamogs, boots, Visage, Atmas, you are probably about to win. 2 warmogs isn't bad either if they have no AP nuk and you get the chain vest item.

Edit: Warmogs+Thornmail is also deadly if they havea physical that is ripping you apart.

Willionaire

04-09-2011

Absolutely NOT worth it. I have a lot of experience with Mundo, and I know few people who play him with the same positive results as me (I'm 70% win with 60+ games played).

I go.... Doran's Shield > Boots > Visage/Merc Treads > ZEAL (important, upgrade near end game to phantom) > Sunfire Cloak/Force of Nature (depending on heavy melee or spell) > Guardian Angel....

Ive played around with warmogs and atma's, but at the end of the day having armor/magic resist + some health from visage and sunfire is more than enough to be a tanky carry.

BTW! I use crit runes, which I think is an absolute must on Mundo to make him fierce in an early solo lane! Having that plus zeal, makes your masochism'ed auto attacks crit for CHUNKS. As well I like having ghost/ignite for summoner spells.