Warwick's Bloodscent

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breship

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Someone posted this in the test realm forum regarding the patch notes about the change in warwick's bloodscent ability. it will now display a more visible icon above the target when you are within range of them when they have low health, giving them ample warning that you can see them from 1/3 of the map away. I came up with an idea that I thought was pretty wicked, and wanted to post it here to see what people have to think about it.

I am just ctrl+c, ctrl+v ing it so sorry if some of it doesn't make sense in this context.

yeah, it's pretty reta.rded if you ask me. i mean, simply speaking from a logical stand point of how the spell works it makes no sense. how would you know if a shark can smell your blood in the water? or if a wolf catches your scent on the wind? that is the frightening nature of the beast, and warwick is a beast. not knowing if and when a warwick is near when you have low health adds a very primal apprehension, almost a fear if you will. it's a psychological tactic that needs to be in the game, and adds a LOT of depth to warwicks character.

IMHO, a visible debuff on the enemy is a terrible decision. honestly, a real cool way to show it could be a debuff that gives you loss of control of your character for .3 seconds every 10 seconds he is within range. just a small juke with the icon much like fiddles fear. enough to let you know he is near and you should react, but not enough to make you worthless in all your actions. just cancels channeling if you happen to be using it at the wrong time, or slows you ever so slightly in your attempt to flee. this way, it also gives you proper warning even if he is within 1/3 of the map away from you. this assists in the primal feel of warwicks character, and even adds an ever so slight viability to him as a team player once enemies start to become low in health in team fights, making them pick to either run or gun knowing full well that tiny fear might disrupt them at just the wrong time.

i just started this reply and got really excited about this idea, i think i will copy it onto champ suggestion forums.

tl;dr for those of you that shouldn't be on forums if you aren't prepared to read: get rid of the always present visible icon and instead add a .1-.5 second fear every 10 seconds warwick is in range.

Zaysus

02-22-2010

/agree

Craixis

02-22-2010

Its because it hits at a third of the map this is a good idea, it inspires that fear, and though they may run off, they don't know where he is, and when he'll jump in for the kill.
And by the time they're weak enough to even be effected by Blood Scent, it may already be too late. If they do change it enemies will heal more often allowing your team to push harder, it'll actually improve him.

This won't take away from him, because its the longest range skill in the game, they could be at their nexus and still be effected by it when Warwick is down by the Lizard/Golem or even by the mid turrets, all this will do is cause them to be more careful in planning, and maybe retreating when they should be advancing.

Gambit

02-22-2010

I approve.

Xenova

02-22-2010

They're seriously adding a warning?? What. The. ****....

Can you -imagine- how useless bloodseeker in DotA would be if you knew he could see you??

Warwick is already a joke and a lot of the time when he catches that decked out carry on 50% of his hp, the carry ***** slaps warwick all over the jungle.

Many a time i've hunted down a low hp fighter only to get exhausted and killed in 3 seconds.

This is a ******ed change, there should be NO warning, you should have to use your BRAIN "oh **** warwick is in this game and i'm on low health, i guess i should go heal" <-- common sense person.

"Oh cool still 50% of my hp left i can still do some farming its all good" <-- warwick prey

If you remove the 2nd example there will be NO ONE left for warwick to prey on and his blood scent will be even more useless than it already is.

Also it seriously needs to see stealth... Blood Scent is a direct rip off from Bloodseeker's ability in dota, except it doesn't see invisible units which is a big problem...

Don't dumb this game down further please it's already too user friendly.

Craixis

02-22-2010

Its range is so huge that it doesn't really matter either way, you know he smells you, you still don't know where he is, it really doesn't change anything other than the fact that it reminds you that there is a warwick.

Xenova

02-22-2010

Yes but that ability is mostly reliant on stupid enemies.

If they have a big "IMMA GET YOU IN A SEC IF YOU DONT RUN AND HEAL" sign above their head, how will you ever hunt anyone down ever again?

Pselpz

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breship View Post
get rid of the always present visible icon and instead add a .1-.5 second fear every 10 seconds warwick is in range.
I like this idea. Not only would it fit the type of hero that is the warwick, but it would also be great in a number of scenarios. Teamfights is the first thing that comes to mind. If there is someone with low hp in a group vs. your team then the fear would ensure either a kill on that hero or force him back to the base. Second thing that comes to mind is if someone is in the jungle farming at low hp, that fear would reek havoc on his ability to do anything but get the hell out of there.

Still seems a bit OP though. Maybe a longer cooldown on the fear or only feared if extra close to warwick.

Craixis

02-22-2010

But that's the thing, then they're always healing (and leaving their lane empty) when they're at 50% hp, its a blessing, not a curse, you might not get as fat but the sheer fact you send fear down the hearts of your enemies is more then enough to allow your team to get well deserved pushes

Gambit

02-22-2010

I agree with most of you that the icon above the head is a bit silly. I mean, that's what the health bar is for. Aesthetically, it seems redundant. During every team fight, there will now be a bunch of new icons cluttering up the screen reminding everyone that there is in fact a Warwick in the game. Sweet?

You know... this is really one of those "changes" that is just incredibly nitpicky, and serves very little purpose. The indicator they have right now is fine! Has anyone in the history of these forums ever made a thread complaining about being hunted down by a Warwick because they forgot about blood scent?

If this gets added, I second the idea someone else suggested: Whenever a stealther is nearby, put an icon above our heads notifying us.
"But that would ruin the point of stealth!" you might argue.
touché