Magma Chamber

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terrosh

04-08-2011

I was told this was coming out in October... not this coming October, but after Halloween last year... What is wrong with Riot?

I even left for 2 months just waiting for it to come out. Now Ive been back for a gee willikers of a long time long time and its still far from being out.

Isaac Wolfe

04-08-2011

They are probly saving it for when Dota 2 is released. That way they can draw there fans back with the new map. Its actually a pretty good marketing idea. Put something in our heads while only giving us other champs and stuff like vs AI then when the competion releases something good hit us with it to draw us back in.

Flak153

04-08-2011

i think they should just start advertising. it took me 2 years to even hear about this game.

Jarmanuel

04-08-2011

I could be wrong, but Im guessing they are releasing it at the beginning of season 2. Apparently, they are goig to implement a new engine before the map, and the best time to do this would be after all the rankings are reset and everyone starts from scratch. Im guessing other things like observer mode and replays also require this new engine.

It just wouldn't make sense to release a new engine in the middle/end of a season.

Meruru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

You guys know that no matter what map riot makes, summoner's rift will always be the dominant map, like dota and hon, other maps are unpopular like the 3v3

TheCowGoes

04-08-2011

^ Leohardt says what I think about the whole thing -- 3v3 TT is a playground, Summoner's Rift is home, as they say.

Farsite

04-09-2011

They've said in other places that they don't want to release magma chamber until they have updated their graphics. Their justification is that if they release it now on their current graphics engine they will have to completely remake the map due to how their programmers made the game. So as soon as the graphics update comes magma chamber should be right behind. I'm guessing they're waiting for DotA 2 to come out before they drop a huge update in order to keep LoL relevant in the eyes of consumers. It sucks, but it makes a little business sense for them to do this.

AntiGoD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2011

i think they will release it at start of season 2

Skrinkle

04-09-2011

Im hoping they release it for the final match in the season finals. I mean imagine top players from around the world, 100grand on the line. Scrambling around trying to figure out a new map. I wouldnt know any other way to crown a team the best in the world.

On another note. any good devloper releases new content. and wether you like it or not. you guys only played one map in DoTa in wc3 beceause there was no easy way to add a new map. Not to mention almost any DoTa player from wc3 is an elitist jerk. This game is helluh newbie friendly thus a wider audience.

yubel nightmare

07-20-2011

i say **** magma chamber its 5v5 they should make something like 2v2v2 or 2v2 or 1v1 map or something!!