[Build] OP Flying Nidalee, Early/Mid Lane Shutdown

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleepy Liger

02-22-2010

Nidalee, The Bestial Huntress
is a versatile, and extremly unique LoL Champion. This is the original build thread. See the ultimate guide here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...146#post866146

Masteries:

Utility: Good Hands, Perseverence, Awareness, Greed, Quickness, extra point (Blink of an Eye), Intelligence, Presence of the Master.

Offense: Deadliness 1-3 (mastery points), Archmage's Savvy 1-3, Sorcery, Archaic Knowledge.

Summoner Spells: Rally, Ignite, Flash, Cleanse.

Ignite seals the deal.

We all shed tears when champions flash.

Cleanse makes for clean getaways.

ATM, I prefer: Ignite + Rally

Runes: All Marks/Quintessence, Armour Pen or Attack Speed.

ATM, I prefer:

Quintessences - 2 Attack Speed, 1 Armour Pen
Marks - Armour Pen
Seals - Attack Speed
Glyphs - Progressive Cooldown Reduction (CDR).

Attack speed allows Nidalee to harass/push greater than armour pen early game. Armour pen keeps her burst higher. Both are great for base destruction, and team support.

Progressive CDR Glyphs takes .8 secs off of Nidalee's strongest abilities at level 18.

Suggested Items: no order

Starter Items

Boots
Dagger
Nothing
Sapphire Crystal + x2 Health Pots
Vampiric Scepter
(fav.) Long Sword + x1 Health Pot

------------------

First Trip/Early Buys

Long Sword (x2 total)
B.F. Sword
Sheen
Boots
Vampiric Scepter
Negatron Cloak

------------------

Mid/Late Items

B.F. Sword
Last Whisper
Brutalizer
Blood Thirster
Trinity Force

------------------

Situational

Banshee's Veil
Mejai's Soulstealer
Sword of the Occult

Pick up an early Mejai's Soulstealer if it'll be kept fed. Replace Brutalizer with a fed Soulstealer, and vis versa.

Two early Long Swords + Sheen = Great early damage.

Brutalizer synergizes greatly with utility masteries. Best replaced when item slots are full with other end game items.

Early defenseive boots will help keep Nidalee alive. Offensive boots add to her DPS. Nidalee's abilitiy to flee, chase, kite, and backdoor are buffed by high movement boots.

Slower boots can be sold later for faster boots.

Take AS items that synergize with high AD. No Malady.

Phage helps Nidalee kite.

Trinity Force does 50% more damage than Sheen. At 100 AD, Trinty Force = 50 more damage than sheen. Blood Thirster = 60/100 AD every attack. Last Whisper adds 40% armour penetration. They all add more than damage, and vary in cost. Look at the game flow, and upgrade accordingly.

GO WILD!

Take mid early game, or dual lane, and go nuts! Keep opposing champs harassed. When harassing enemy champs isn't feasible, wait to do it with cougar form.

Lane control. Last hit, and auto attack minion mobs to keep'em in Nidalee's favour. Examples:

At level 6, cougar up, spike and kill. My favorite method to see is Flying Nidalee:

Aspect of the Cougar - Takedown - Pounce towards the champ - Flash to champ in mid air (+475m pounce) - Auto attack (Takedown) - Swipe

Enemy champion is respawning before Nidalee's flash animation dissipates. Ignite add more burst.

Aftewards..

Blue pill, stay in lane, dance, gank top/bot, drink milk, or w/e. The sooner all lanes are shutdown, the better.

When Javelin won't make the early kill, save mana. Dumping ability points into Primal Surge, will make it an effective heal early/mid game without AP.

Trap around Baron late game. Move in and out of cougar form to keep alive, and to assist your team.

A starved Soulstealer yields smaller heals, and skill bursts.

Get at least 1 point into all of Nidalee abilites by when she reaches lvl 6, so she's able to use all of her cougar abilities at level 6.

Tips: Nidalee - Scout - Flee - AD - AS - Harass - Backdoor!

Fill roles as needed.

Nidalee can dominate jungle at level 6. Golem buff will help her trap jungle like crazy. Share buffs when others have better uses for it. With traps, cutoff paths that lead to Nidalee when harassing from the jungle.

Golem buff with high lvl + PCDR glyphs + Utility Masteries + cooldown reduction item will yield only 8%-3% additional CDR.

High burst allows Nidalee to ninja cat enemy carries during team battles. Carries with end game items will out DPS Nidalee.

Harass from wherever, lane, jungle, sky, ground, cookie jars! Bring down the opposing team's health as much as possible before clashing.

Have fun! But don't get Nidalee slayed if you're looking to win. Know what the enemy team is capable of. Call out B for strategic withdrawls, stick with it.

Always have an escape route.

Hoping that MIA's aren't on Nidalee's escape routes, makes for horrid surprises.

Map Awareness. MIA's don't always come. Glance at the minimap, and recognize what might be lurking in fogged areas.

WHERE IS OUR IN GAME VoIP???!!! Help me pester Riot? They're doing their best, but motivate!

Feed teammates too.

Pull Nidalee's team together, and destroy the opposing team's base before they reach end game.

Teemo's mushrooms are worth 25g a pop, and shaco will pay for Oracle's if he can't stealth-escape Nidalee.

Nidalee can pounce over small obstacles. Walk to a small hill/ramp/wall, face her towards the other side, pounce. If her pounce would land on the obstacle, she'll smack its side instead!

Early Banshee's Veil will help Nidalee against heavy stuns/AP.

Banshee's Veil + ability to flee + Flash allows Nidalee to initate battles, then flee. Also allows her to ninja kitty carries/feds. Carries with end game items will out DPS Nidalee. TAKE VERY GOOD CARE while attempting any of this

-edited out, see below-

Osamodas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

I've been wanting to try Nid. She's fre next week, isn't she? I'll try this build then.

Also, WTF at last part of the guide.

Sleepy Liger

02-22-2010

She is.

O-that? HAPPY panda. Whewt! New skins!

SageMode

02-22-2010

I play a similar did trinity,bloodthirster, ninjatabi, brutilizer, dancer.

Cdr glyphs, dodge seals, armor pen marks, quints 2 dodge, 1 armor pen.

No champs mid pose a threat self heals , javelin, traps to watch for ganks. And when u hit six ur a machine in cat form do damage back off heal repeat.

I spec ghost and flash they help Chase and run away from a pissed off tabi squad.

Sleepy Liger

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMode View Post
I play a similar did trinity,bloodthirster, ninjatabi, brutilizer, dancer.

Cdr glyphs, dodge seals, armor pen marks, quints 2 dodge, 1 armor pen.

No champs mid pose a threat self heals , javelin, traps to watch for ganks. And when u hit six ur a machine in cat form do damage back off heal repeat.

I spec ghost and flash they help Chase and run away from a pissed off tabi squad.

SNATCHED! Thanks for the info.

TurkeyBaconSub

03-05-2010

armor pen reds
yellow dodges
blue magic resist per level
health quints

Go bushwhack first
then heal
then javelin till max
heal max
pounce max
putting one point in your kitty when possible

summoner spells: flash and cleanse

masteries
21/9/0

maximizes offense via AP armor pen raw dmg
helps defense by combining nimbleness with your dodge runes and some added MR

dorans ring-> health potx1
boots 1 and sheen
finish merc treads
the rest is sittuational, but i swear by trinity force

sometimes i build her APish with a mejas and an abyssal without finishing the triforce
sometimes i go triforce+raw dmg items
guinsoo's rageblade is fun because it stacks up as you pounce your way across the map and if i have an absurd amount of gold i will buy it for ****s and giggles