Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dual mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exitwounds

04-08-2011

Quote:
Hawuvajo:
2 solos plus triple lane = way to go

1 semi-carrier solo (bot or top)
1 carrier solo (mid)
triple lane = semi-carrier + support + initiator (bot or top)
or just something like this, the objective of triple lane is aid the semi carrier, while ganking all the time, they will be playing the "roaming role". (well, it is really good strat on DotA, never tried on LoL because I just play matchmaking alone so...)

I'm new to LoL, but played dota before (a lot), if you think that's not viable in LoL, would you share your thoughts ? :P

You would have terrible XP leeching issues with 3 in a lane. Your outer lanes could potentially be strong, but the mid would always be gimped.

There's nothing stopping duo mid, its just kind of the assumed status quo that you run doubles in side lanes. I think from a terrain standpoint, doubles work better in outside lanes. The advantage to double mid would be less chance of being ganked by a roaming champ or jungler since there are two sides to watch as opposed to one.

Ultimately you would be much better running single outside lanes, a duo at mid and a jungler.

Praedoran

04-08-2011

I could see something working out if the Mid lane consisted of a good pusher and a good ganker. Establishing mid turret dominance early could shift the game's dynamic into an earlier Mid game. Perfect for champions who are at their peak then like Annie.

cresuet

04-08-2011

Quote:
Exitwounds:
You would have terrible XP leeching issues with 3 in a lane. Your outer lanes could potentially be strong, but the mid would always be gimped.

There's nothing stopping duo mid, its just kind of the assumed status quo that you run doubles in side lanes. I think from a terrain standpoint, doubles work better in outside lanes. The advantage to double mid would be less chance of being ganked by a roaming champ or jungler since there are two sides to watch as opposed to one.

Ultimately you would be much better running single outside lanes, a duo at mid and a jungler.

We tested this, and with xp masteries, this easily kept us from experiencing any major issues at all. Again it isn't something random we just did. Everything was planned and thought about pre que. Having a jungler while doing 2 mid really made no substantial difference since we constantly forced there junglers to help with mid, just allowing ours to go mid or the outer lanes for constant ganks as normal.

Exitwounds

04-08-2011

Quote:
cresuet:
We tested this, and with xp masteries, this easily kept us from experiencing any major issues at all. Again it isn't something random we just did. Everything was planned and thought about pre que. Having a jungler while doing 2 mid really made no substantial difference since we constantly forced there junglers to help with mid, just allowing ours to go mid or the outer lanes for constant ganks as normal.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but mathematically the XP deficit should start to make itself known (refer to U.S. deficit for a more serious and ridiculous example).

Receiving 1/3 less XP will start to add up, but I would assume that you guys were moving for ganks and jungle buffs before the numbers really started stacking up.

Alecksee

04-08-2011

it kind of makes sense to put to mid. If a lane fails, then one can go reinforce it without leaving mid undefended. Also since the creeps get to mid faster, if you are gonna lose XP to sharing a lane, why not share mid where creeps come faster, rather than sharing it bot where they take longer to travel.

It would be bad though if side lanes are not able to benefit from the extra XP and they are getting locked out of range.

Hawuvajo

04-08-2011

Quote:
Monkeedude:
I guess that works if you don't want a jungler? Isn't the point of a Jungler to get XP and Gold while not stealing it from your partners, while helping your carries get the blue buff early game?

Sorry, I didn't explained really well :P but this guys will be roaming a lot, going jungle and ganking, again thats just "copy and paste" from what I have seen from high level replays of DotA

Biggity

04-08-2011

Ive also Been playing with cresuet. Results?
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4323/league12.jpg