Dual mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Htiger

Recruiter

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingymingy View Post
Alot of people used to play 2 mid back when I played dota as well. Im curious as to why no one ever plays like that anymore?
People don't like to do anything that varies from the status quo.

Try going mid with someone while solo queueing. I can guarantee that you will have almost the entire team screaming at you and calling you a noob.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

I think this is just evidence of the enemy refusing or being unable to adapt to this strategy. The mid tower is the easiest and safest to defend, and if your opponents didn't shift to cover then you won because of their inability to adapt, not because of any strength the strategy might hold.

As was stated, you have to come up with a team composition that is able to take advantage of this. Top and bottom will have to both be champs that can hold off a 2v1 without needing a gear advantage to maintain lane presence. Luckily, there are many champions that can fill this role, but each must be chosen carefully for what they bring to the game themselves after the lane phase is over. The dual mid can pretty much be whatever two champions work well together for whatever reason, but I wouldn't expect more than 1 kill against the enemy mid since the "surprise factor" wears off very quickly.

It can work, but if the enemy covers for it early enough, the advantages of using this strategy are almost entirely nullified.

cresuet

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praedoran View Post
Although, I wouldn't call it unheard of but the triple lane would require a lot of thought as to what would work and what wouldn't.
Yeah, when my team did this it was specifically set up. Though it is risky due to the fact that you now have both outer lanes as a solo. I personally would like to see 2 mid more often. I feel it opens up a new way to experience the game and forces team play more than normal.

Ellye

04-08-2011

Taking in consideration the recent experience sharing changes (apparently solo laners doesn't have such a big advantage against duo laners anymore), duo-ing mid might actually be quite interesting.

Wisewind

04-08-2011

Roaming has become so popular over the past few months, having the jungler and roamer constantly harassing solo lanes particularly mid shuts down the enemy carry's early farm so their damage output is average at best mid and late game.

I guess this is just a variation, but this essentially allows for 3 solo lane if the other mid is not taking the farm.

DeeVoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

it actually makes a bit of sense considering it's the shortest lane

cresuet

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEE VOE View Post
it actually makes a bit of sense considering it's the shortest lane
That's what we thought lol

Monkeedude

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawuvajo View Post
2 solos plus triple lane = way to go
I guess that works if you don't want a jungler? Isn't the point of a Jungler to get XP and Gold while not stealing it from your partners, while helping your carries get the blue buff early game?

ForeverLaxx

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeedude View Post
I guess that works if you don't want a jungler? Isn't the point of a Jungler to get XP and Gold while not stealing it from your partners, while helping your carries get the blue buff early game?
No. The point of a jungler is provide a 2nd solo lane, maintain control over the Dragon, setup ganks against over-extending opponents, and cover solo lanes if they need to buy. I suppose you can infer "not stealing xp and gold" as being the same as a 2nd solo lane, though it doesn't really come off that way.

Monkeedude

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
No. The point of a jungler is provide a 2nd solo lane, maintain control over the Dragon, setup ganks against over-extending opponents, and cover solo lanes if they need to buy. I suppose you can infer "not stealing xp and gold" as being the same as a 2nd solo lane, though it doesn't really come off that way.
Its the way I describe it to people who don't understand why having a second solo lane is beneficial.

But yes, that's my point. Trip-laning essentially negates these benefits.