Dual mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cresuet

04-07-2011

Okay, so undoubtedly this has been done many times before. But for the last 7-8 games(5v5), my buddy's and i have played with 2 mid. Every single game we left with a victory, including a test in a ranked game to somewhat validate the legitimacy of these wins. No matter how close the game stayed as far as kills went. It was never enough to deviate from the damage rendered early on. They either were not able to adapt fast enough, or were constantly forced away from the outer lanes to help mid. It even went as far as shutting every single jungler we played against down.

We did set up's of
top solo,2 mid, 2 bot
top solo,2 mid, 1 jungle,1 bot
2 top, 2 mid, 1 bot
and one game, 1 top,3 mid, 1 bot

Again all with successful results.

So in light, personally I wanted to see what everyone Else's thoughts were on this strategy was?

reaver99

04-07-2011

I'd rather see your thoughts since you actually did it. Was it better than duo bot? Did you push down mid tower early and abuse map control or just shut down the enemy carry? How did your side lanes deal with 2v1?

cresuet

04-07-2011

Personally, I enjoyed the game a lot more with dual mid, and it was decisively more effective than having 2 in any other lane. As far as pushing early goes, it just all depended on the aggressiveness of the opposing solo mid. regardless they were shut down hard every time, leading to both mid towers down at the 10 minute mark, or at the very least highly damaged. With having 2 mid, we noticed it gave us better map awareness as well, and put us into better positions to gank/counter gank. As far as my fellow teammates who played the role of solo. It was all about trusting that they knew there own limitations and would adjust there game play depending on each situation.
Being said, you cant pick random champs for this strategy. Each champion fulfilled a specific role in supporting one or the other.
In my honest opinion from what I've experienced, this is by far the best way to hold map dominance and keep control of dragon and baron.
I would not recommend this as a spur of the moment set up.

Vorg

04-07-2011

Back when I played DotA early on this is how it was always done, with the solo taking the side lane, although I think that's partly because in DotA the lanes are shifted a bit so that each team has a lane with a defensive advantage. I don't think having 2 mid is bad, as long as you do it for a reason. I believe usually people send one mid so that they can get early levels and then have their choice of a side-lane to gank. It does sound like a 2 mid strat might be better for pushing early on, but pushing strategies are rarely if ever used in DotA/HoN, and I haven't seen many hard pushing champs in LoL yet.

cresuet

04-07-2011

It's very interesting to play this game using a 2 mid set up. Personally if the other teams mid would very early ask for another to come mid as well, it would completely nullify the offset. Though as said, it was never done in time. Or often led to an all chat rage about how there teammates do not help. It is intriguing to see how other players adjust.

Rustd

04-07-2011

I'm the one usually at mid with cresuet, and i can second the tactic.
I was doubtful at first but the results speak for themselves, we're on a nice win streak.

Captain Rakowski

04-08-2011

I actually played a game the other day where, after calling mid as MF, our Shaco followed me mid. You know, I was kinda confused and nervous, but we ended up killing Ashe early on and ultimately won (although the enemy team responded quickly by sending a couple sidelane people mid, pretty much countering the strategy itself). I think the surprise factor might be a big part of how it works.

Hawuvajo

04-08-2011

2 solos plus triple lane = way to go

1 semi-carrier solo (bot or top)
1 carrier solo (mid)
triple lane = semi-carrier + support + initiator (bot or top)
or just something like this, the objective of triple lane is aid the semi carrier, while ganking all the time, they will be playing the "roaming role". (well, it is really good strat on DotA, never tried on LoL because I just play matchmaking alone so...)

I'm new to LoL, but played dota before (a lot), if you think that's not viable in LoL, would you share your thoughts ? :P

Praedoran

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawuvajo View Post
2 solos plus triple lane = way to go

1 semi-carrier solo (bot or top)
1 carrier solo (mid)
triple lane = semi-carrier + support + initiator (bot or top)
or just something like this, the objective of triple lane is aid the semi carrier, while ganking all the time, they will be playing the "roaming role". (well, it is really good strat on DotA, never tried on LoL because I just play matchmaking alone so...)

I'm new to LoL, but played dota before (a lot), if you think that's not viable in LoL, would you share your thoughts ? :P
Roaming is a valid strat and there are some very good champs for it as well. However, having three in a single lane is uncharted territory and generally regarded as sub-par. Although, I wouldn't call it unheard of but the triple lane would require a lot of thought as to what would work and what wouldn't.

I did see a Youtube vid where the game was won using a triple mid, but it didn't look that effective and they were kinda trolling: IE (Clarity Revive Morde)

mingymingy

04-08-2011

Alot of people used to play 2 mid back when I played dota as well. Im curious as to why no one ever plays like that anymore?