Pantheon vs Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

banduan

02-21-2010

I don't play any of these two.

But looking at their abilities, stats, playing with them and against them, I wonder:

JAX has extra dodge
PANTHEON has block

JAX has leap, which can be followed by a stun
PANTHEON has a leap stun that makes him block... and a gigantic cross-map leap.

JAX has an ult that lets him attack quickly with very high damage after a few strikes
PANTHEON has a basic skill that makes him attack quickly with very high damage, just like that. It's not passive though.

JAX can increase weapon and attack damage in two ways, one of which is passive
PANTHEON has a skill that makes him do double damage and crit a champ that's at low health.

So what I wanna know is... Jax players QQ much?

notliam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-21-2010

I honestly do not see the point of this thread. If you were genuinely interested in which would succeed in a 1v1 fair battle, sure, but you don't seem to be and are just randomly comparing the two.

Jax is amazing 1v1 vs anyone. Unless he's blinded or silenced he can take any champ out (which is why people use cleanse). Pantheon is not as good. His stun has a 20 sec cool down, if I remember correctly, whereas Jax's stun has a 3 second cooldown. Jaxs ult gives him awesome dps without having to get any damage items, Pantheons ult is only useful for teleporting across the map and trying to control the enemy team (badly).

Talamare

02-22-2010

Pantheons stun is like 9 seconds cooldown
Honestly they are practically the same character with each having a niche

Reasons why Pantheon is better

-Instant aoe damage, just run in heart strike, run out - no need to waste 2-3 seconds auto attacking
-Ranged Damage, his spear throw gives him great harassment early game, and is good for last hitting late game without getting too close or if the target is too far
-Teleport Summoner Spell on short CD, honestly youre not going to be hitting many heroes with it unless they were already screwed some way, the biggest benefit in it is the mobility

Jax is getting buffed so it wont matter soon

banduan

02-22-2010

notliam, since it was clear i wasn't talking about 1v1, stop talking about 1v1 scenarios.

Talamere there understands this. Practically the same champ, except one is obviously better.

Good that Jax is getting remade then.

Craixis

02-22-2010

You're just comparing stats, which means nothing.
Its like the gearscore vs Skill arguement, just because one has better stats, does not make them better. A good Panth will jump in and ruin any remaining enemies with his heartseeker strike (usually at the end of a team fight, when everyone is weak)
A good Jax can tank any Physical DPS until the casters catch up, and get out with hardly a scratch, or push harder with a stun ruining counters. He also hits harder the more he hits, so if he can get into melee range, you are dead unless you run faster or hit harder.

Jothki

02-22-2010

How's Jax at taking damage? If Pantheon is built for burst damage, he's incredibly flimsy.

Lemons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Jax > Pantheon. That is all.

Noth

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jothki View Post
How's Jax at taking damage? If Pantheon is built for burst damage, he's incredibly flimsy.
I wouldn't say he's incredibly flimsy. After BT and boots getting frozen mallet makes him much less flimsy. Usually from there if I want more survivability it's a warmogs, and if I want more damage it's another BT or IE.

Pselpz

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by notliam View Post
I honestly do not see the point of this thread. If you were genuinely interested in which would succeed in a 1v1 fair battle, sure, but you don't seem to be and are just randomly comparing the two.
Where is the question?