Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AznDoug91

04-07-2011

Quote:
Thrawn922:
yes but the lack of regen means that you can't lane for quite as long

with mana regen yellows/blues you should be able to last just fine. when do you usually run oom?

Thrawn922

04-08-2011

about level6 unless im using overload alot, like they are pushing the turret hard, or there are 2 of them and im poking at both

and i have cdr blues, my CDR maxes out when i get glacial rather than frozen, which is nice because then i can switch to getting a banshee's if there are alot of ap rather than finishing up the frozen.

Philature

04-08-2011

I like getting healing for Ryze, he got so little life it make a huge difference and with your ultimate (if you go for CDR) and Strength of Spirit mastery give you enough support healing to last for a bit more in the early game. If you pick those with health per level seal and you reduce Ryze squishiness late game a bit.

Don't try to be a damage dealer early on, you just want to survive and be the carry that Ryze is in the late game. This is why I rarely get ignite, it not optimal early on (you want xp not possible kill) and late game it doesn't do much for Ryze damage outpout (you burst out so much, the ignite is that usefull and your team will finish your targer pretty fast anyway).

Gunflame

04-08-2011

Good ryzes don't run out of mana ealier

Stop wasting mana on minions.

Skylead

Recruiter

04-08-2011

go 9/0/21 and grab ghost/flash
Make sure you are using flat mana runes if you think his pre lvl 5 dmg is low. You can xp deny half the cast just at level 1, in a duo lane you can easily get a kill by level 3 by harassing down then flash in on them and QWQ (dont forget to toss the autoattack between rotations)

Degnared

04-08-2011

I usually run 9/9/13. You get the mpen mastery, you get strength of spirit (single best mastery for Ryze), and you get the mana/5 talent and the 5% increased mana talent (have to skip the XP talent to get it, tho). Yes, you have to pass on the rather good late talents in both utility and defensive, but I think that those early talents are better on Ryze. I'd have to look at the in-game numbers again, but I remember something like 25 hp/5 and 25 mp/5 once I got tear (lvl 4-5).

So, with that said... clarity is useless. Ignite CAN be useful, but I usually get ghost+flash or flash+teleport.

Icaris19

04-08-2011

As stated before try not to blow too much mana on creeps unless you already have overload and then one well placed flux can take out most the wave. Generally I go with ignite and ghost of ryze and it serves me pretty well.

Hannor

04-08-2011

Get teleport instead of clarity. If you get too low you can blue pill, regen at base, buy items and tele back.

Tele is also good for ganking and protection from bd and split pushers.

Hefty Sak

04-08-2011

teleport ftw

Thrawn922

04-08-2011

only mana i waste on creeps is an overload on a low siege minion, at least before i get my glacial