Brand - The Anti Tank-Team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CroakerX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAsphodel View Post
Does just having an ability scaling off HP% qualify a hero as a tanky DPS hard counter? I might just be ignorant, but I haven't seen Amumu or Malzahar having much success. On an irrelevant note, isn't Warwick is a tanky DPS himself?
I gave multiple reasons he looked like someone who was good against tanky teams, not just the HP% passive.

1. HP% passive
2. High sustained damage (it seems)
3. 4 damage spells, 3 of them AOE
4. All of his spells add to each others' damage

To answer your other question, yes WW is a tanky dps himself. That doesn't mean he can't be good at killing tanky dpsers. That's like saying that Veigar can't be a counter to casters because he's a caster.

Daikaze

04-08-2011

I don't think he'll be all that effective against the tanky dps problem. He'll do some extra damage to tanks over time, but it's magic damage and easily mitigated. His only stun requires that the enemy is afflicted by his passive to proc.

He seems neat, but I question his overall effectiveness... He will do well with an AOE meta though.

Flubadoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

His ultimate will be like Ryze's E, but way stronger, right?

Mitch Bade

04-08-2011

Sounds like he has a built-in slightly weaker Madred's passive. Enough magic resist will probably make it do almost nothing, but I like the sound of it!

I'm gonna buy him asap.

Wisewind

04-08-2011

I think he'll be a solid AP Nuke but don't dwell too much on his passive, it's there to support the rest of his damage output so nuking a tank dps won't be considered a waste, but I doubt it's enough to stop 2+ bruisers trying to zerg onto you.

DoransTroll

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubadoo View Post
His ultimate will be like Ryze's E, but way stronger, right?
Considering that it would be its on CD, I would guess that it does more damage than Spell Flux and another spell, but not more than all 3 spells combined. Plus, I don't think it has spellvamp.
It makes me wonder. Apparently there is a way to increase the projectile speed..but why? Why is the projectile speed even mentioned in the tooltip?

Also, I think he's going to be more of a sustained DPS mage (Karthus/Ryze) moreso than a nuker. Which probably means that he will have pretty low burst, and also low range, and horrible attack animations (and clearly no CC or escape). You might want to be careful around them tanky DPS, because they might stun and kill you easily.

crowsntacos

04-08-2011

All 4 of his skills do magic damage. I see him hard countered by a negatron cloak or two. The % damage will probably not be true damage, so he's going to have to pack some magic penetration to be viable.

Also, his passive is like lux's right? Just stay back so he can't get the bonus damage off of multiple casts at a time. The only mechanic that's going to suck is teamfights with that ult.

Example:
"I just flashed away, i'm free"

*fire ult bounces to teammate and back to you*

Brand has scored a double kill!

-.-

TheAsphodel

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroakerX View Post
I gave multiple reasons he looked like someone who was good against tanky teams, not just the HP% passive.

1. HP% passive
2. High sustained damage (it seems)
3. 4 damage spells, 3 of them AOE
4. All of his spells add to each others' damage

To answer your other question, yes WW is a tanky dps himself. That doesn't mean he can't be good at killing tanky dpsers. That's like saying that Veigar can't be a counter to casters because he's a caster.
I see. That's good information.

Oh, and you misread the intent of my question. I specifically said 'irrelevant' because I wasn't saying WW couldn't be a counter. Lols.

Morbis

04-11-2011

Not really...
the only thing that promotes anti tank is the passive, but with no numbers released its hard to say how much of a difference that really makes.

In general, burst is a bad match up against tanky, because you wont be able to kill in one rotation of spells, and they'll be able to regen while all your stuff is on cool down.