A New Champion Approaches: Brand, the Burning Vengeance

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow the kolle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

Brand i really awesome! If he is 3150IP I will buy hiw without hesitathing!

ProtocoLX

04-07-2011

Hoping for an Ancient Apparition like champion next. I used to pwn so hard with his ult =P.

Wondering if Brand's ult hits creeps/how many times it bounces/damage. Also curious on the stun length/cooldown. If his ult hits creeps the team will need to lure the enemy team to the bush so he can ult, which will increase his diffuclty which will most likely increase his IP cost. Otherwise based on his diffuclty he should be 1350/3150 IP. 4800 if his ult hits creeps.

LOL u so mad

04-07-2011

annie-fire
ryze-thunder
where are the ice casters

Valiant Penquin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

I have to laugh seeing this hero.

When i first saw Annie, I thought she was as close to a Slayer (Lina Inverse) port from DotA that I would see, but I was wrong.

This hero seemingly has Slayer's Dragon Slave and Light Strike Array without the stun, but instead they gave her a single target stun or a single target nuke, and then, on top of that, gave him Lich's Ultimate. Anyone that has played DotA or HoN knows how devastating that Ult is in team fight situations, and implementing that in this game where heroes all clump together in team fights is going to make him an overpowered pentakill based hero.

I cannot adequately express my disdain for the mixing and matching that Riot has been doing with these new champions. There are just certain elements of DotA that will not fit in this game considering the ability to spam spells, and this is definitely one of them. I'm interested to see how they're going to "balance" him by making him have either mud for health or excessively long cool downs, but I don't think that's really going to do anything considering you can make any hero somewhat overpowered by building the correct rune page/Summoner Spells.

I guess considering they still have Sion with 1:1 AP ratios on his skills, of which 1 has a base damage of 300 and is a single target non-skill shot stun/nuke, and the other which has a base damage of 350, is a shield, and has an AOE damage range of half of the map, this should be no surprise to the LoL community.

Regardless, it probably won't matter because when he comes out the servers will be herping the derp anyway so only the day after he comes out will we see him in force.

Tearsin

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL u so mad View Post
annie-fire
ryze-thunder
where are the ice casters

anivia?

Fish Alarm

04-07-2011

yippee another 6300 character... whats that the 10th in a row?

A Dachshund

Recruiter

04-07-2011

His ultimate should cost 1[u] to use and deal 2 damage to all creatures on the battlefield.

Esaru

04-07-2011

Sounds OP... if his Q stuns when the target is ablaze, and all his auto attacks proc ablaze, then he'll always be able to stun. Could be wrong but to me the passive mechanic sounds wonky.

Bump N Grind

04-07-2011

I haven't suggested it, but I do remember several champion suggestions having a similar concept passive. Glad to know RIOT's looking into the forums more. As for his abilities, they seem rather expected of a fire champion, not that "wow!" feeling you get when reading about an ability not used or not frequented in games like LoL, with the exception of his ult and I guess you could say the E too.

Esaru

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentiin View Post
So basically you can launch Q, W, E and R in just about any order to get at least 1 additional effect from these abilities? That might be a little insane...
Exactly. It sounds ****ed up if you ask me