0-7 Today. What am I doing wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BamSucka

02-22-2010

I've been there... as others said, I think it is the system.

I started off this game with a record of 27 wins / 9 losses.

Then suddenly I lost 9 out of 10 games and was getting frustrated myself and wondering why and posted on these forums, received the same answer as you.

It's just the system trying to get you back to 50/50. I think it went a little too hardcore because I now have more losses than wins! 53 wins / 55 losses.

But yeah there was this middle area where I lost a lot, only recently have I started to win again.

I think if you reallllyyy want to win, just pick a super carry like TF where you have more of an ability to influence the outcome in late game stages.

Nucmam

02-22-2010

LOL you don't pick TF and win. You gotta be good with TF to win. When TF was free last week. I saw the two worste TF go against each other. One was 1-10 my team's TF was 2-8. Both held their team back.

Pink401k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try to respond to the replies I thought were most content-full.

First, I have had no problem staying alive mid. I have fairly good map awareness and usually can avoid getting ganked unless my team is really not calling mias and I just don't see it. I play pretty offensively in the mid, but also very defensively. I'm usually against Ashe, so I will stay behind my creeps, spreading poison to hers, and then blind and poison her away after her volley shots.

Second, I don't have much trouble getting gold considering I'm leveling Poison first, so that I can last hit enemy creeps with fair consistency. Also, I can forest some creeps with ease with a mushroom and poison. My build doesn't seem to be much of a problem. It isn't static either; I adjust it to the situation. I was just saying how it normally goes.

Third, my Summoner Spells are Exhaust and Rally right now. I had been doing exhaust and teleport, but switched it out last night under some advice. I'm only level 14, so my runes aren't much, but I build attack speed and crit. chance right now. I haven't spent much on runes because I've bought Shaco, Teemo and Yi. My masteries are all in offense right now, but I switch it around depending on the team situation.

Finally, I only (read: almost always because of bad teams) solo mid when I'm the only one can do it. Unfortunately, that ends up being quite common, but I don't feel like that is the reason we're losing. My soloing has never resulted in a turret loss before people start leaving the structured lane build and start ganging up, and that's always because 1 v 3+ doesn't work well no matter who you are.

Also, I thought you'd like to know I won twice last night: once as Foresting Yi for first win, and second as Teemo duoing the bottom lane. Finally, eh?

Bubblemeat

02-22-2010

From what i've experience and read in forums, as you win more, you go up against higher elo, as you lose more, you drop in elo. Don't ask "How do i check my elo" because i'm not sure how to. In a way it's a good system, but i've seen lvl 8's against a lot of lvl 30's just because they've won there first few games. The way the games does, is wins versus losses = skill, i think. not sure, but it seems like it. and usually in low elo games u get feeders, but in higher elo games, u get *******s and leavers.

Teemo like any other character can be great in the right hands, but tends to be pick on alot. but somethings to consider when itemizing is your team and the other team.

Stark's Ferver = great item in general for dps.
Healer on the other team or person that can heal self = executioners calling
High armor tank = Last whisper possibly

Like other said don't stick to a static build.

Razerwind

02-22-2010

My most played is Teemo (got really into him recently). I have decent success with him. I never go on losing streaks like you've said as him, though I have before as other champs.

Start out with Vampiric Scepter at level 1. Upgrade it into a Malady ASAP. Malady works so well with him because when you put it together with his poison, people end up over extending themselves and dying to the poison/dot ticks.

Then get Berserker's Greaves. Merc treads are a great item but unless the enemy team is gigantic mega stun mode, your move quick should keep you out of sticky situations enough to justify getting zerker boots.

After those two are built, start either a Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver.

Then buy any magic resist or armor you need.

I take Exhaust and Ignite 100% of the time as Teemo. Being able to royally screw over TWO carries in a team fight is simply astounding. The other day I killed Mundo and Tristana 2v1 because I exhaust/ignite Mundo, blinding dart Tristana, kill Trist, then Mundo.

Spam mushrooms every.single.time it's up. This is the big difference between good Teemos and bad Teemos. If your Mushroom ability is highlighted and ready, you've failed already. Plant a shroom all over Mid every chance you get. In both brush lines on each side of the river, at every ramp, at Nashor, in formations that make people run into 3 in a row, just spam them everywhere so you can't get ganked from either lane. Put them in the side lanes in front of your turret even. I recommend mana regen runes so you can do this without stopping.

With exhaust and ignite, first blood is very likely at mid. The mid person will over extend, and you'll bind, then after that wears off exhaust and ignite, and they're wondering why they've been auto attacking you for 6 seconds and no damage has been done. Then the poison kills them as they run for their turret.

Don't be afraid to go back to the base every time you can buy an item because you can get back fast with move quick. Also if you do manage to kill your laning opponent, immediately go to another lane and help them push their turret.

Pink401k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Thanks Razer. I'll try this build out!

Denambren

02-22-2010

Even if you were the greatest Teemo player in the world, your team may still get beat down hardcore when you're playing in the solo queue.

Do not join solo queue matches and expect to single-handedly win the game for your team. Sure, it happens. But when you're up against 5 players who are all great players while you've got a sack of dung for a team who die every 2 minutes, there's NOTHING you can do. You are beat.

Keep this in mind - you will just lose games when joining the solo queue, no matter how good you are. It happens. Look for a good team and play with them consistently and you may find your winning streak start to improve. I know it did for me.

Having allies that can actually take advantage of the setups you create, as well as have them create setups for you, is really a world of difference compared to pub matches.

Really, it's so completely different. If you solo queue you may go up against a good 5 man premade, and you're toast. That's the matchmaking system.

Maybe some year Riot will implement their originally proposed system of 1-2 man premade maximum ranked play, and 5 man premade ranked play. If that ever happens, you'll have a slightly improved chance at being successful in pubs (you still may get a team full of newbies, but that may also be true for the enemy team, making it more fair for you, but 50/50 is better than a sure loss vs 5 man premade).

In conclusion, don't blame yourself too much. There's only so much you can contribute as a solo queue player to a randomly generated team.

Best random team member I ever had was a Warwick that said he was going to jungle until level 6. I had my camera focused on him to see his technique on how he planned to beat the golem for mana buff without having smite or any potions at level 1, and without any help. He charged the golem, realized he wasn't going to succeed, ran away at about 1% health, and then died. He then dropped game and never returned.

After Warwick dropped, another team member died and said "**** this" and dropped game as well.

It was 3v5 after 5 minutes in. Bottom line is that pub match win/loss ratios are meaningless. See how you do once you get a team together.

Chingmeister

02-22-2010

I'm only level 14
Ahh...ok...so this would explain a lot. At low summoner levels mana regen is lower so autoattack/low mana heroes (Ashe/Yi) are much stronger then at higher levels.

Pink401k

02-22-2010

Have a k/d/a record of 76-95-88 with Teemo currently. Any good? Also, I've tried out the malady build, and love it. Working out very well for me. The insane DoTs is perfect for my playstyle. Still having MM troubles, but I've improved to 21-27 w-l (or something). Thanks for all the advice guys. Now to just start winning for real!

Also, it's certainly not the system trying to get my to 50-50 or I would have won a few more than I have in recent days >.>

GenericName3

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink401k View Post
Have a k/d/a record of 76-95-88 with Teemo currently. Any good? Also, I've tried out the malady build, and love it. Working out very well for me. The insane DoTs is perfect for my playstyle. Still having MM troubles, but I've improved to 21-27 w-l (or something). Thanks for all the advice guys. Now to just start winning for real!

Also, it's certainly not the system trying to get my to 50-50 or I would have won a few more than I have in recent days >.>
You definitely want a positive K/D ratio as Teemo. You're the carry, so you should be making a considerably higher amount of kills than deaths. Try using your mushrooms not only as anti-gank tools, but also as traps when you bait them. Nothing says WTFPWNT more than a greedy Ashe coming after a 30% hp teemo, only to be raped by running into your shrooms in the grass, then teemo turning around and popping blind+mad poison. This guarantees me 50% of my kills as Teemo.

@OP, you may want to try another character if your team is too imbalanced. Having 3 ranged and 2 melee carries is not exactly the ticket to victory, as you will most probably find yourselves stomped hard at least from early to mid game. Since the game usually snowballs, this usually means that you'll be losing quite badly from being denied creeps by your turret, and your teammates being a significantly lower level than the other team.

As others have stated, Teemo excels at early to mid game. However, at lategame when the ganking phase has ended, your mushrooms are nowhere as useful as before, and your DPS is easily mitigated by enemy CC and casters targeting you first. Try playing some tanks and support characters, and see if you get a better W/L ratio. I found myself getting 9 win streaks once I decided to main a tank/support instead of playing carries the entire time.