0-7 Today. What am I doing wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosGopherSucks

02-21-2010

The main reasons I can think of is:

1. Your team. Obviously, it can't be helped, especially if you're soloing, if someone on your team feeds. I get frustrated by it, and sadly, sometimes I make mistakes and I'm the one that's doing it. If you solo queue and are at low-mid ELO, feeding is usually inevitable, it just goes to see which team does it and loses :/

2. Teemo as a char is kind of gimped. As other said, Teemo tends to scale badly end game. Mushrooms can be countered with treads, and Teemo has no slow/cc/stun. If your entire team lacks cc or are bad in a team fight, you will probably lose. Stay back in team fights and make sure to blind any physical DPS. Also, make sure your team learns how to focus fire squishies or carries (twitch, etc.). Team fights and ganks usually dictate matches.

3. Bad map awareness. This is the problem that I have the most. Sometimes I just don't pay attention and am getting ganked like 3v1. If you're solo queue, most people on your team probably dont have that great of a map awareness and can't be helped. Sometimes it might be you, just make sure that you dont' get gimped too often and use ur mushrooms to help scout (before they buy elixirs/wards). Again, try not to get ganked too often and hope your team doesn't suck at teamfights.

Most of the time, losing in solo queue means you were on a bad team :/. Most mistakes are not focus firing in teamfights, getting ganked b/c of bad awareness, or not balancing between pushing/killing (again, the point of the game is to destroy the nexus, not kill as many champs as you can). Also, switching champs might help. I was on a huge losing streak with Shaco, switched to Sivir, started winning, switched back to Shaco, and it worked like a charm.

Paathos

02-21-2010

Teemo is pretty much useless endgame. If you are mid , then chances are no one is carrying the team to victory late game. I'm not saying he sucks but someone else should be the carry such as OP twisted Fate. Teemo's got no cc/stun etc and lacks dmg abilities. It's great to have him on your team but not mid.

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahryl View Post
Losing streaks are just statistically inevitable. It happens to everyone. Burn through it and it'll turn around
Not just statistically inevitable - it happens by design. A streak of wins will be punished by the automatcher until you lose several, after which it will start letting you win again. Either you'll be set up against people who are vastly more skilled than you, or it will saddle you with 1-2 allies who will feed the enemy all game long.

Lumaca

02-22-2010

I'm gonna take a shot and ask this often overlooked questions: Have you been destroying opponents' buildings?

Jensuh

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by anata ga mori View Post
Not just statistically inevitable - it happens by design. A streak of wins will be punished by the automatcher until you lose several, after which it will start letting you win again. Either you'll be set up against people who are vastly more skilled than you, or it will saddle you with 1-2 allies who will feed the enemy all game long.
This.

Chingmeister

02-22-2010

Your build is gimped.

1600 gold before you get any offense.

It slows down your gold production too much.

It also prevents you from clearing a wave of mobs and then farming wolves/wraiths for extra gold/xp for a gold/xp advantage.

You also don't have any dps to help gank side lanes. The lack of dps is doubly dangerous since your opponent can freely leave the lane since you lack dps to push the tower to gank your allies.

You also don't have lifestealing to stay in mid without being harrassed out.

You also don't have enough bonus hp to avoid ganks.

Get a dorans Sword, basic boots, dorans sword, dorans sword, then go dps (berserker boots).

Between minion waves kill wraiths and wolves spawn.

Get 40mana regen/5/lvl with runes so you can leave shrooms in lane to give yourself time to kill side minions or gank side lanes. Put them where opposing mobs will path into them.

Basically the problem is that if your opponents spends 1600 gold on offense (scythe + madreds) or with dorans swordsx3 + basic boots your tower is toast and they are going to out harass you, out gank you, out gold you, and out level you.

You can't catch up jungling because they out dps you and jungle faster. It's gg on load screen as soon as you say you will take middle.

PS: Don't feel bad, this is the most common way to lose the game. Most of my losses are on load screen because few people know middle lane dynamics and insist on taking middle without knowing how to play in middle to win. Middle has to be super aggressive or its gg on character select/load screen.

PatMcGroyne

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
Your build is gimped.

1600 gold before you get any offense.

It slows down your gold production too much.

It also prevents you from clearing a wave of mobs and then farming wolves/wraiths for extra gold/xp for a gold/xp advantage.

You also don't have any dps to help gank side lanes. The lack of dps is doubly dangerous since your opponent can freely leave the lane since you lack dps to push the tower to gank your allies.

You also don't have lifestealing to stay in mid without being harrassed out.

You also don't have enough bonus hp to avoid ganks.

Get a dorans Sword, basic boots, dorans sword, dorans sword, then go dps (berserker boots).

Between minion waves kill wraiths and wolves spawn.

Get 40mana regen/5/lvl with runes so you can leave shrooms in lane to give yourself time to kill side minions or gank side lanes. Put them where opposing mobs will path into them.

Basically the problem is that if your opponents spends 1600 gold on offense (scythe + madreds) or with dorans swordsx3 + basic boots your tower is toast and they are going to out harass you, out gank you, out gold you, and out level you.

You can't catch up jungling because they out dps you and jungle faster. It's gg on load screen as soon as you say you will take middle.

PS: Don't feel bad, this is the most common way to lose the game. Most of my losses are on load screen because few people know middle lane dynamics and insist on taking middle without knowing how to play in middle to win. Middle has to be super aggressive or its gg on character select/load screen.
Middle does not have to be super aggressive to win middle can't get killed... If your mid character gets killed you are probably going to lose becasue the person in mid for them is going to be a much higher level than everyone even your mid solo. Middle needs to have map awareness and side lanes need to call MIA. Once you get to lvl 6 you can play more aggressive and go for some ganks but usually shortly after lvl 6 the laning phase is pretty much done.

And don't worry man it's just the matchmaking system I go 21/5/6 and my team still can't win after a big win streak... You just get awful teams and there isn't much you can do about it. Whether you are getting killed because of your team is not calling MIA or your team is just feeding them not much you can do until you have lost enough games to go against a ****py team or get some decent team mates.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by anata ga mori View Post
No, this is incorrect.

The MM tries to force a 50:50 win:loss ratio on every match not every game.

EDIT: Is your team unbalanced? Sometimes you face teams thatre great early game (had a game like this last night, one lane was kass/zil other was heimer/blitz) and they just rape you early game but they cant win teamfights so they lose eventually

Grist

02-22-2010

I had a pretty bad weekend. Infact everyone I know had a bad weekend with losing for somereason. I started playing Kassadin though and have been enjoying myself much more even when I am losing. It seems that almost every game has alteast 2 people who somehow still don't know how to play the game. Frustrating, but this game is still incredibly fun.

Nucmam

02-22-2010

First I don't think your build is good honestly. I never use a static build for my characters. I build according to the other team's heroes. Yes my DPS items will generally be the same based on my runes but there's no reason to get merc treads if you don't need to. Someone mentioned your getting dps waay too late in the game which slows down farming.

I don't know why people think Teemo is gimped. Map control is one of the best skills to have in this game which is why people think TF is OP. Teemo has crazy map control. He's extremely hard to kill if you use your mushrooms well.

If you give me a little more insight on what summoner skills you have, masteries, and runes maybe I can give you some more tips.

As for win/loss it can't be helped all the time cuz some teams are just terrible. But if your taking up mid your expected to carry. Or have a major impact on your team's performance.