This game is supposed to be an improved DotA, right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Well, first of all, you'll have to excuse me for my english mistakes on grammar or spelling.

I like this game, I like it a lot, and I play it pretty often. In fact, I'm a player since beta and before I started playing it, I played DotA for many years. Perhaps this is the reason why I found some stupid characteristic about this game, with aparently no logical explanation. I'll put some of them:

* The fact that it hasn't an offline mode. I mean, it would be great if it had some offline mode where you could choose on which champion level you want to begin, with how much gold, put bots and take them out from inside the game, perhaps have all runes and champions available.. The idea is to have a real testing mode, so players can test all champions -against bots- and try diferent builds on them without having to play a game. Without mentioning that this mode could be played while the server status is offline.

* The lack of some clan system. I mean, this is just stupid, we are talking about an online game... with no offline mode... and no clan system!! Why Riot don't implement something like this?? It's so.. irrational. The game would improve A LOT, games would be better, people would be happier and more people would want to play! I don't really see why this hasn't been done yet..

I'm not talking about nothing too crazy, in DotA there were this 2 things. This game is supposed to be an improved DotA, but it lacks on such basic stuff.. I really don't know what to think about this.

There is something more:

* The matchmaking of this game just sucks. I know that is not easy and that there is no real way of knowing if a player is good or bad. All that is true, but it's not my point. The matchmaking is like focused on finding you a queue the fastest possible and, in exchange for that, it makes really disbalanced teams. I wouldn't mind having to wait 3 mins to be queued up in normal or ranked game if then, the average game turns to be much more balanced than the average now. Also, the matchmaking thinks a good player can be balanced by placing a baddie in his team, and that is just false. Why don't make them wait a little longer and put all good players in same game and all bad players in same game? Things would be much less random this way.

Phrixy

04-06-2011

I totally agree with all your points and they are very good as well.
Offline mode:
This is a way for those learning the game to improve there skills against bots or have a story mode where some 'evil' summoners are trying to take over summers rift and you have to stop them. Player can try out different builds, strategies and different ways of playing the game without having to leave games if they picked a 'sucky' champion. They should atleast add that you can play offline against bots. Where you pick one champion before starting (as in you pick Master yi and level with him and then buy some more champions as you progress) (ALL OFFLINE)

Clan system:
This game is in need of a clan system for sure but i don't see it being a big deal as of right now because you can invite your friends before game and play with them.(not saying clan system is bad)

Match making:
OHH boy, that's where this game sucks like hell.
1. You have no clue what the skill level of your team members are
2. This game is ALL ABOUT TEAMWORK and COMMUNICATION
3. There is no way you can assist a new player without having to yell at them for minutes on minutes telling them to gank, or telling them to fall back. When they don't listen they die and then your alone getting rushed by all these dps champions.
4. Playing a game finding newbs leaving and then a whole lane is open for the other team to rush.

Match making is important and i don't know how riot games and improve that but it is much needed work done on LoL.

morthor

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrixy View Post
I totally agree with all your points and they are very good as well.
Offline mode:
This is a way for those learning the game to improve there skills against bots or have a story mode where some 'evil' summoners are trying to take over summers rift and you have to stop them. Player can try out different builds, strategies and different ways of playing the game without having to leave games if they picked a 'sucky' champion. They should atleast add that you can play offline against bots. Where you pick one champion before starting (as in you pick Master yi and level with him and then buy some more champions as you progress) (ALL OFFLINE)

Clan system:
This game is in need of a clan system for sure but i don't see it being a big deal as of right now because you can invite your friends before game and play with them.(not saying clan system is bad)

Match making:
OHH boy, that's where this game sucks like hell.
1. You have no clue what the skill level of your team members are
2. This game is ALL ABOUT TEAMWORK and COMMUNICATION
3. There is no way you can assist a new player without having to yell at them for minutes on minutes telling them to gank, or telling them to fall back. When they don't listen they die and then your alone getting rushed by all these dps champions.
4. Playing a game finding newbs leaving and then a whole lane is open for the other team to rush.

Match making is important and i don't know how riot games and improve that but it is much needed work done on LoL.
All the things that you said about matchmaking are what made me leave HoN for good and only playing LoL.
It used to take you around 30 mins just to get a full server with ppl on ur rating and to start a game. Because of the difference in rating, people would start flaming on min 1.
I dunno what lvl summoner you are, but I've been playing LoL for a long time, and besides real internet problems I can't recall the last time any1 left on purpose.

JE SUIS PAS Mik

04-07-2011

sorry I cant aswer u about the real thing whos doing by Riot game but a offline game mode wasn't a priority cause ,i ask u the question witch one is better new online game mode or offline mode ?

I agreet that game need a clan systeme but like said befor there is priority and it not one of them ... I think

and for the match making there is a kind of queud room systeme ( I'm not sure ) 1 to 10 ,10 to 20 and 20 to 30

all game like dota is BASED ON TEAMWORK did u know it ?

for the new player I agreed there is a probleme but RIOT CAN'T DO EVERYTHING AT ONCE LET THEM THE TIME THEY NEED !!!!

for the last point that not the riot's fault if some players play like ******

Dr rAndOm

04-07-2011

It is riot's fault to make them on our team. Bad players are the only reason I lose 95% of my solo games. :/

The difference between DotA and LOL is that you can win 3v5 easily in DotA while it's much harder to do so in LOL. As a good player you can do 1v2 in DotA but it's almost impossible to do it in LOL now.

Because LOL is a "balanced" game.

The only reason I lose now is because I got a bad team.

It's just not possible for a 1000 wins player to team with a very bad 100 wins player.

However, few of around 100-200 wins players can be as good as 500 wins or 600 wins player ... On the other side,I just have no word to describe those... ******ed bad players..

The fact here is: no matter how good you are, you will loose because of a fail team.

A fail start will likely result in a fail result. A bad teammate will likely result in a fail start.

I dont hate bad players... I just dont like this matchmaking system.

If you understand how they run their business... you wouldnt expect an offline one.

hack = all champions owned... and illegal servers....

Malchak

04-07-2011

I think their reasoning for not providing an offline mode is to prevent cheating.
They have files server side that we the public don't have that work in conjunction with your native computer files. As with any game people will try to cheat. But making it so you have to log in to their servers where your files can be checked at all times while also not providing you with some needed file information is quite effective for the most part.