Just got Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrinkle

04-06-2011

and i feel like i just blew a weeks worth of IP, Have only won one game. And i cant figure out how to get more kills or be more usefull. All i can do is wipe out a minnion wave.

Any help?
my masteries are 9/0/9 atm
runes are Red/Pen marks Yellow/Seals replensihment blue/CD

my item setup goings Crystal+hp+mp
then ToTg/boots
Cataylst, AsS
RoA
and if i make it. Zhonyas

The champion i was playing before Anivia was Lux and i loved it. i was hoping anivia would be somewhat the same.

tumultuoustempus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Anivia is (arguably) the hardest champion to play. She's hard to learn and even harder to master. All I can tell you is practice makes perfect. There are some great guides out there.

Check this one out:
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=87&c=67411299716043

And, one again, PRACTICE!! Or give up a go for an easier champ

Skrinkle

04-06-2011

hahaha ****. But shes worth it in the long run yeah?

ive seen that guide and are health quints worth it?

lmaonade200

04-06-2011

it is totally worth it to practice her, she's one of the hardest carries in the game when played correctly, and is a boss at positioning with her ice wall.

She has a higher skill ceiling than most champions so just hang in there.

TL Frolo

04-06-2011

imo wait till you have the runes/masteries for her otherwise its kinda hard to do anything without going oom

also cata>boots>tear
build cata into banshees not RoA

Skrinkle

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolossus View Post
imo wait till you have the runes/masteries for her otherwise its kinda hard to do anything without going oom

also cata>boots>tear
build cata into banshees not RoA
for more survivability? and i was thinking that but im like 11 lvls away :/
cause i could just lvl up with lux till then Q.Q

GoE Don Broleone

04-06-2011

She's worth the buck, give her a chance and practice with her. A good Anivia is to be feared upon, you can literally control the tide of any battle with a single skill and good positionating. You got an excellent skillset which synergizes very well and allows you to pull a great damaging combo.

One of the few keystones to Anivia, is that she's very team dependent until she's well farmed and geared up, so you might want to never hang alone with her, she needs to be taken care off until she can set out on her own, and that's when you'll start noticing how good she is. Her passive helps a lot in this aspect, so it's just one more reason to not be alone in case you're ganked.

Another important keystone, is her ability to keep spamming spells, which can be extremely compromised due to the fact it consumes absurds amounts of mana, even with some decent mana regen, you'll still have some issues if you're not manageable with it, so that's why you should always be with someone of your team and when you have a chance and pick up the Golem buff with his aid, because Anivia is the champion that benefits the most from it in the entire game, due to the possibility of having her ultimate casted and maintained much more frequently, thus more farming and killing potencial.

These two aspects may seem more like details, but they are as important as your masteries, runes or item build, because they will help to dictate the way the game will settle in your favor.

One thing you want to absolutely avoid is to die with Anivia, she's very hard to pick up the pace after that and ends up being just fodder for the enemy team, she's the kind of champion you cannot risk too much with it, even if she has her passive up, because you won't know when you'll really need it again.
Sometimes, just playing more defensively with her and farm your share will grant you better benefits than risk killing enemy champions.

I hope this explanation helped you a bit more, good luck.

Delegasy

04-06-2011

i don't know if others consider me good but last game i had 14/2/something in ranked and game before that i had 16/3/something and worst team ever <_> i mean shaco had heal and Alister had revive oh this was ranked game too... onlyreson we didnt surrender was i had the 16 out of the 20 kils in my team ;/ getting back to topic...

i get 9/0/21 mastery flash and ghost (im lvl 30 btw soo dont know wat u will do..) as runes i got red magicpen yellow manareg per lvl(i mite change to hp per lvl) blue apperlvl and quints flat ap
for item build i get Meki pen and 2 pots. i make a tear get boots then cata into rod of ages som1 else mentiond get banshees but i prefer RoA becuz u get bit more hp u get mana that helps u with archangel later and anvia cant ever have to much mana then make a archangel then a hat i say archangel first because of mana but u can hat first if u want

as for gameplay i gess u need ur own but i can tell u sumthings from experince: u NVR let q shot end on its own unless its at MAX range u want them to take slow dmg then q again stun and combo with an e then run back rinse repeat until u can kill ur burst should be very high soo i get flash ghost to get out a gank easyly oh and i jsut love it when people tower dive to kill u and ur passive kicks in there like oh ****...
well remeber NVR use e unless target is chilld withc can be done wiht q or r *maybe im jsut stating the obvouis but still..* oh and with wall try practicing it a thing that helps is putting ur mouse over it and seeing the range. well thats it for meh *excuse me for my spells ^^*

Vichar

04-06-2011

After more than 1000 normal games, Anivia is still my favorite champ. When I want to "farm IP", I turn to the frosty bird. I pick champs based upon what my team needs, but when it comes to the CC caster role (casters with stuns, walls, slows, etc.), I think Anivia is at the top of the heap. So to answer your question quickly, yes, she's absolutely worth the IP you spent on her. But she's not for everyone, and you won't know if she's for you until after some time practicing in actual games. I wrote a guide that may prove useful to you:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=208206

Cheers, and have fun icing your opponents with the Cryophoenix.

Skrinkle

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delegasy View Post
i get 9/0/21 mastery flash and ghost (im lvl 30 btw soo dont know wat u will do..) as runes i got red magicpen yellow manareg(i mite change to hp per lvl) blue apperlvl and quints flat ap
for item build i get manareg staff thingy (i forgot whats it calld ) and 2 pots. i make a tear get boots then cata into rod of ages som1 else mentiond get banshees but i prefer RoA becuz u get bit more hp u get mana that helps u with archangel later and anvia cant ever have to much mana then make a archangel then a hat i say archangel first because of mana but u can hat first if u want
What mana rege thign? meki pendant?. and for yellow runes is it the flat regen or per lvl regen?

and thanks Vichar ill check it out.