Should i get singed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakkas

04-07-2011

Don't get Tear, really don't. You're never going to get a really worthwhile bonus from it unless the game goes for 3 hours.

If you're wanting some AP/damage then I would get Rylais and a Abyssal Sceptar with Sunfire. Rylais makes your poison slow (hot), Abyssal gives MR and more AP as well as the -MR aura (hot) and Sunfire means that whoever stands next to you will be taking like 100dps. Another option is to get a RoA instead of Abyssal, a bit less damage but you'll have more HP and mana.

Other items, I like getting a FoN and Frozen Heart. A Frozen Heart with blue elixir and with the runes/masteries means you will be hitting the 40$ CDR cap so you can fling every 6 seconds.

Korath Arcolite

04-07-2011

Tear is a BAD item on Singed, you don't spam enough spells. Also, Sunfire's don't stack anymore.

Standard Singed build is: RoA, Rylai's, Boots +whatever else you need.
Other items are as listed by Dakkas: (pick 3 as needed) Frozen Heart, Sunfire Cape, Spirit Visage, Force of Nature, Abyssal Scepter, Banshees Veil

Basically once you have RoA and Rylai's you have all the AP you really need plus a good chunk of health and mana. If they're stacking AD then a Sunfire and a Frozen Heart give you buttloads of health and AR, plus two awesome passives that make you a beast in team fights. If they're mage heavy, grab a banshees and a FoN and chase them down and beat them to death.
If you're winning, or need more damage, sunfire and an abyssal are nice to have. Stack in Spirit Visage and you are decently tanky plus you do passive AoE damage and increase the damage of all AP champs on your team (including yourself).

Overall, he's fantastic and versitile

bladeofwill

04-07-2011

Personally I like getting roa on him, mercs for 95% of games (swiftness if somehow they have almost no cc), then I vary depending on what damage the enemy team has and whos getting fed/farmed. Aegis is a good tank item, but i dont feel like its great for singed. FoN is awesome for mr and move speed, and banshees is a good second option for mr. My main armor options are omen if i feel like i need the hog for more farm or like my team will need the cc, or if their melee is particularly unthreatening and i just want hog to get a bit beefier, and sunfire if i want some more aoe damage, pushing potential, and some hp to go with my FoN. When you start playing with better players that know not to chase you, rylais is a better option than RoA. Late game items after what Ive stated is really situational, build what you feel like you need. Havent done it myself because usually other things are more important (like wards), but getting like a zeal/pd on him might be good for movespeed after you get 3k+ hp and enough armor/mr to laugh manically when the other team acts like you can die.

Also, move speed quints. Get them.

Feed the Cat

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath Arcolite View Post
Tear is a BAD item on Singed, you don't spam enough spells.
I've seen in mathed, and in my own practice it's not hard get a lot of uses and be a very effective mana/per cost by about 10 minutes in. You spooge on you way to the lane for extra uses, you spooge when you blue bill, you spooge when you leave fountain, you spooge almost any time you think someone is in a bush, you fling for a last hit when your man won't go below ~half (granted using some flings goes with some awareness) I'll also say it's not expensive, it's paths after are... but it's cost is not that great. You get a nice boost on this, especially going ROA after tear. And you use a LOT of abilities if you're ganking, team fighting, trying to make stuff happen.

Also, decent catch... I never said, or meant to infer stacking sunfires, I meant in the 3/4 slot, not the 3&4 slot.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

Wow didnt expect so many answers thnx guys!
Hows this?

Dorans sheild/Regrowth Pendant
Boots of speed
ROA and Boots of swiftness/Mercury treads
Archangels
Rabbadons/Ryalais
FoN/ (If your winning really badly) Abyssal scepter.

i know its alot more on the ap side but you can always change the ap items for a BV or Sunfire if u want. Let me know what u guys think.

Thnx ( love chucking people into my teamate! Tried with bots though......master yi doesnt get the hint.....Noob master yi xD )

Dakkas

04-07-2011

Always get Boots of Swiftness, when you're good enough with Singed you're nigh-unkillable because you're so fast and tanky. If you can get ganked then it will never be be solo and the enemy will need to blow loads of CC to kill you

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

Thnx so my job as singed is to go in poisoning then fling a squishy run around poisoning again,
SLow people help my team own the others. Is that right?
Im sure singed is a very versitle champ i think i should start playing him in normal so i canget the feel

Dakkas

04-07-2011

Your poison is to wear them down and slow them if you have Rylais. Fling and puddle is to help you stop your enemies getting into position, fling is also incredibly versatile in getting the other team out of position

Tai Wun Shu

04-07-2011

I've been an avid signed player since level 13, I'm now level 28, just for perspective. I used to take tear but I find it disrupts my overall build too much, I prefer Rylias to Archangels anyway.

Signed is all about disruption and fear, if the enemy team fear you, you can push, if they don't fear you, throw their carry to your team and poison them all, they'll soon learn.

I take Move speed Quints, Flat MP Marks, magic resist per level Glyphs and Dodge chance Seals. I take Ghost and Teleport as my summoner spells and build 0/21/7(9). You can check my profile ingame (EU) for the exact mastery setup I use. Ghost, Insanity Potion, Puddle and Poison ensures that anyone chasing you will A. Never Catch up and B. Take alot of damage and maybe die. Signed is fantastic at escaping, dominates 1 v 1 and is a perfect candidate to split push as he can knock out an entire wave of minions in seconds, can tear through turrets with insanity potion, can escape if more than 1-2 champions try to stop you, or can take down a single champion with ease. This is why we take teleport, to get to your team when they need you.

I start with a mana crystal and build it into a catalyst and level fling as my first skill. I then prioritize Poison Trail > Mega Adhesive > Insanity > Fling.
My item build is Catalyst, Boots of swift (merc treads if they have 2+ stuns or 4+ slows), Rylias, I then build ROA or Viel from my catalyst, using my ult when needed if i need to escape or tank. I usually end up buying a sunfire cape, guardian angel and force of nature as my final 3 items, but if the enemy team has alot of attack damage I'll build an omen or aegis in place of FoN.

While laning, if I'm solo I let myself get pushed back to tower and start poisoning minions and flinging enemy champions if they get too close. If i'm duo laning I'll last hit minions and avoid pushing too hard, if i'm duo laning with a champion who needs alot of farm, I sit in the brush and puddle-fling-poison any enemy champion who gets too close. Signed with Fiddlestix in lane is incredibly strong, as you can get a fear, puddle and fling to ensure Fiddle gets a full drain in, if they manage to survive that chances are your poison will finish them off.

Midgame is when I get most of my farming done, I split push with teleport, ult and ghost up to keep the pressure on, teleporting to my team if they need me, the easiest way to think of your ult is that you gain 3 levels when using it, you get a nice boost to armour, ap, move speed and regen that makes you amazingly strong 1 v 1, with some good positioning and poison you've got a very good chance 2 v 1 also, if you decide you're not able to win, puddle, fling them behind you and run with poison trail going. If they chase you, you can either pick them off at lower hp or laugh as rylais slows them so much they haven't a hope of catching you.

Lategame you'll have a slight disadvantage unless you got some very good farming done in midgame, ideally you'll have plenty of kills and assists, maxed items and boosts. Your job now is to initiate. Puddle, pop your ult, fling their carry while poisoning them all. If they focus you, great, poison them all, fling your team a new target when their first is down, puddle and poison with rylais to make escape impossible. If they focus your team, you're doing enough damage with your ult and poison to kill them anyway. If they taunt you, they didn't taunt your carry, another win situation.

Good luck with signed if you decide to buy him. He's a very fun character to play. Hopefully my guide made some sense and has given you a few ideas.

Edit: All in all, he's much more basic than people think. You're mostly trying to disrupt positioning and causing fear, making yourself appear to be a much bigger threat than you are. Players will focus you just because you can throw their carry to your team. If you're split pushing and your team is trying to initiate, its not uncommon for two enemy players to come to try and deal with you, making that 4v5 into a 4v3, you can then teleport in to your team for a 5 v 3 and dominate while their two players are off running in the jungle trying to find you. As Signed, if you're not on the move, destroying a turret or disrupting the enemy team, you're doing it wrong.

XTreeX

04-07-2011

Thnx for your guide.
just a few questions.
when i tried getting the standard cookie cutter mana crystal and hp pots, i found i didnt really have the survivability required even from the pots. and how to use ghost?
i t seems to have such a high cooldown and i never get chasing/ esacping chances to use it. i find exhaust more useful.
thnx