Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should i get singed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

04-06-2011

Ok so i was looking for a cheap champ and singed fit the bill nicely but..........after playing him in the free champs last week i find that he has a really bad early game.
the other fact bothering me is that can you really contribute to your team and will you lose potential at later games? and the last one sounds a little immature but..... he looks kinda weird. i mean the only thing i dont like is the fact that he has a bottle in his hand....and its GREEN XD ><
Overall all id like your opinions on whether to get him or whether i should save up for trundle. your other thoughts about my "problems" (appearance issue included) would be appreciated too.

Thnx

Everspace

04-06-2011

Yes you can contribute. He can farm and push really well, and is good for BDing due to his slow and punish for chase.

He is also a good initator. Run -> fling carry into team which is what he's more about than anything.

T1OJejjiKtuMAknV

04-06-2011

go solo top lane (if you got a jungler, which you do hopefully) ..

play the weakling role and get pushed to your tower ...

if enemies are stupid and come to close.. ghost+fling into turret+exhaust and mega adhesive.. and you got yourself a nice unexpected kill doesnt work against good players who met a good singed before.. but sooner or later everyone gets frustrated and either tries to dive you or goes away to gank someone else. Then you just push the **** out of that lane and kill that tower in no time with your ultimate.

I often get fb with singed. But you gotta have solo lane (vs 1 or 2 doesnt matter, but actually vs 2 makes em overextend more) or a good lane partner who understands how a singed "works".

My main concept with singed is.. look non-threatening.. and then boom **** em up.
With ulti on singed can handle most 1v1 situations and often even 2v1 or more.. especially if the enemies are stupid enough to chase you in poison.

Singed also scales very good with ap on his poison. Its just a dot, but it adds up quickly.

I really love singed and I can just recommend to pick him up.. but you gotta play like a madman with him. Later on when the enemy realised you real strength you are gonna be in their faces all the time, dancing in front of their turrets etc.. taunting em to come after u and **** like that.. its so fun with singed..

Larson McMurphy

04-06-2011

He's not that terrible early game if you have a lane mate that can get a kill off of a fling. He's a ridiculous farmer. Late game he's pretty indestructible. If you get plenty of ap, his poison hurts a lot a will swing team fights in your favor. He works well for map control. With swiftness boots, FoN and movement quints(if you have them) you can just run around the map pushing every lane in between team fights.

If anything, he's worth getting just because he has a unique play-style. He's nice to have around when you get bored of all your other champs.

XTreeX

04-06-2011

Wow so im leaning forward to him cos hes a tank mage. hmmm is amummu better though?
he also is a tank mage but doesnt have that gilarious fling thing.... im still sliding with sniged though....
any opinions on singed appearance :P ?

Wildkarde

04-06-2011

Singed is a completely different playstyle than any other. He is all about baiting and denying routes/escapes.

I thought I would hate him because he is designed to kite, but he is actually a lot of fun. Once you get a little AP he pushes like no ones business. Literally just run through the lane and on to your next target, and boom profit and xp.

Amumu is similar and has a more obviously beneficial ult for the team. Singed still feels very unique and has a fun playstyle

Regarding the appearance, I got him for free because a friend gave me a Riot Singed Code, so I think he looks awesome!

XTreeX

04-06-2011

Ahhhh your lucky.......
i live in a place i cant get to pax.
WHat about his normal appearance? anything to say on that?

Dakkas

04-06-2011

Singed is a great troll champ. I love the chaos he creates in team fights. With your W and Rylais, their whole team will be sitting ducks and then when you fling them around, it's just beautiful

Also with the usual build. you're pretty tanky and hard to kill so you can keep your antics up pretty well

XTreeX

04-06-2011

i see..... anyone got a build on mostly ap with a little tankyness?

Feed the Cat

04-06-2011

Quote:
XTreeX:
i see..... anyone got a build on mostly ap with a little tankyness?

-I've really taken to the tear of goddess first builds, then spooging all over the map and using fling to kill creeps here and there when I can spare the mana.
-Really the only items that scream tank and singed at the same time are a 1st/2nd item ROA and maybe a 3rd/4th sunfire. ROA is simply ROA, it's even better the earlier you finish it. Sunfire is equivalent to a LOT of AP in terms of what it does for your and it's got some tanky goodies. The movement bonus from Force has been noted, but if you need the MR it's a nice and good little synergy too.
-I'll usually turn my tear into an arch angles right after I finish ROA unless I'm bleeding all over the place in team fights.
-I'd say that the combination of ghost+ult is undeniably crazy. I can see not using flash for a second... but I don't know if I could skip ghost.