Quints for lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapTortuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

I would like to hear some lux veterans advise on quints for her...

So far i have Magic pen mark, m/5 seals n CD glyphs...

What's better: AP, HP or magic pen quints??

BenKen0bee

Adjudicator

04-05-2011

After playing Lux a great deal, I've found movement speed quints being surprisingly useful on her. She stands to be a caster that is played from the back, what with most of her abilities having an extensive reach, the extra movement speed coupled with the MS mastery allows her to have slightly more mobility as far as remaining towards the back but still being apart of the battle is concerned.

This of course depends on how you build Lux. I nearly always start with a ruby crystal (to make up for the lack of health quints) to build up immediately into Rod of Ages, often forgoing Boots in lieu of a quicker Rod of Ages build. The extra movement speed gained from Quints + Masteries allows this.

If I were to deviate from the ruby crystal build, I'd likely go for HP quints over MPen. As for other runes, I've chosen MPen marks, m/5 seals and m/5 glyphs. The golem buff alleviates CD issues (if given the opportunity) while the extra mana regen allows me to forgo any mana regen items in most games. CD glyphs are just as viable, but my own aggressive early - mid game w/o mana regen items tends to appreciate mana regen glyphs more so.

Frightning

04-05-2011

Magic pen are the best imo, I have been maining Lux for a good month and they've served me well, I also run the same marks and glyphs you do, but I have mana taken car of w/ clarity and my build, so I found she tends to get bruised some in fights but usually escapes scott free, so I went w/ scaling health regen Seals and I found those have helped me stay around to help my team capitalize on teamfights we've won. With right masteries and CDR glyphs u can get up to 17.1% cdr from those and Morello's Evil Tome will take you to 37.1% CDR (it's also just an all round excellent item for her)

oR BlueWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

Flat HP ftw

Xienwolf

04-05-2011

Personally, I run Magic Pen Marks, Flat CD Seals, and CD per Level Glyphs, with Move Speed Quints.

Start the game with Meki and 2 health potions, harass the hell out of the opponents in lane to deny them EXP (1 point Q, then E>W). Most games that runs me just fine while I build RoA (can typically ignore boots till after it). Then I get MS3 boots and Morello's Tome.

Most games end about there. If I were to actually get to level 18 though, max CDR with just the tome, get Rabadon and Void Staff next I suppose should the game keeps going.

The extra movespeed helps so VERY much with being able to CC for your team. As does the hefty CDR.

If in the early laning phase the enemy actually counter-harasses effectively, swap from E>W to W>E and just soak up their harassment while you play defensively. W skill makes extra HP from runes irrelevant IMO.

Seelyon

04-06-2011

I do one of two things.

Magic Penetration + Start with Doran's Ring (preferred)
Health Quints + Start with Sapphire Crystal + pots.

I make this choice based on team setup/possible laning partner/enemy. So of course that only works in ranked. Take the Magic Penetration by default honestly.

See Lux Guide

Blistful

04-06-2011

I run

Mpen marks
flat HP yellows
ap/level blues
Flat AP quints.

Lux is strongest early/mid game, capitalize on that.
I never really need that extra MS from quints, since if you play her right, you won't get caught that much.

Starts with a boot/2pots/1mana

Brontobeuf

04-06-2011

Quints for my Lux: MS.

CapTortuga

04-06-2011

I'm currently running with MS quints as I play Singed mainly.

About building I rush RoA, sorcs boots and then tear... after that if I'm owning go for a mejai, if not Arcs Staff ... after that I have not decided yet.... I will try someday with the morellos and the void....sound good on paper at least.

Thanks All!!

Khalandar

04-06-2011

I magic pen quints, reds and blues, mana regen yellows, i love having 59 | 54% mpen and 400+ AP