*Need Help* Cho'gath Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

02-20-2010

I'm only level 8, but I've been doing a lot of dominating in the practice matches against people the same level as me. However, I'm aware that (although I'm a noob myself), I'm playing against noobs for the most part... so, I wanted to get some opinions on the build I've been going with.

It works great most of the time. I typically have the most kills on my team and the best k/d. I usually finish with double digit kills and either 0 deaths or maybe 1 or 2. However, I see most guides for Cho are AP builds, and mine is way different. Feel free to rip me a new one, as long as you explain your reasoning and help steer me in the right direction if my build is no good :P

Skills:
Rupture first level, Vorpal second level. Then, I alternate between the two, also leveling up Feast whenever possible. I level up Feral last, although sometimes I put a point in it early just so I have the silence effect, although I don't really count on it for much damage.

Items:
Life Leach Scythe right away, followed by (eventually) Bloodthirster. Then I buy the Berserkers Greaves. Next, Zeal. After this, depending on how much gold I have and how often I tele back to base, I buy Zeals/Phantom Dancer/Bloodthirster/*other* until the match is over.

Summoner Spells:
Exhaust and Heal.

The combination of life steal, damage, attack speed, and his passive ability makes me very hard to kill and I regenerate very fast. Also, the somewhat high attack speed allows for spamming of Vorpal, which tears up minions and creeps, netting me a lot of gold and xp. My play style consists of quickly killing minions for health/mana regen, then trying to catch a hero with Rupture and rushing in to melee, NOMMING and using Exhaust when necessary. I also will kill creeps when necessary, as the build tears up all of them with ease after the first couple of levels (except for the Worm of course hehe).

Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated. If it's trash, tell me (and explain yourself too please!). If it's good but needs some fine tuning, let me know

Thanks!

WhitemageofDOOM

02-21-2010

*Sighs* Carry cho'gath, what are you smoking.

Reasons this build is trash
1) Melee carry, all melee carries are trash. The only valid reason to be a melee champ is because your a tank.
2) Team fights last about 6 seconds, regening by killing minions doesn't matter.
3) Vorpal spikes is your only ability that synergizes with physical DPS.
4) OM NOM NOM NOM

P.S.:AP Cho'gath sucks too.

condon

02-21-2010

If you want to play a carry, play someone who synergizes with attack items.

If you want to play a caster, play someone with an escape mechanism or a ranged nuke.

If you want to play Cho'Gath, be a big fat mother****er with HP AC and MR coming out the ass, sowing fear, terror, urine, and whatever else all up and down the field because you can't die. Ever. Not even a little. Also, play this way if you want all the *****es to love you, and to discover nirvana. It's just science.

*Albeit the feast nerf is sad.*

PS: If you're going to play that way, may as well use Mundo. It will be just as UP, but you don't get laughed at for the item build *as much*

Yefo

02-21-2010

So in conclusion, it only works because of the people I'm playing against?

Also, what is AC and what are some of the items you would recommend using if I'm going to be Tank Cho?

*edit* oh yeah, durka durka, Ability cooldown is "AC". But still, what items would you recommend I use for a Tank Cho?

condon

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post

Also, what is AC and what are some of the items you would recommend using if I'm going to be Tank Cho?

*edit* oh yeah, durka durka, Ability cooldown is "AC". But still, what items would you recommend I use for a Tank Cho?
Actually I meant Armor Class. My bad, improper term. When someone means cooldown they will say CDR. Cooldown Reduction. There are plenty of guides to fit all different play styles, if you're looking for a straight up walk-through I suggest you poke at one of the stickies up top and find yourself one that fits your style.

WhitemageofDOOM

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post
I think any carry is going to work in your bracket if fed.

Quote:
Regrowth Pendant->Warmogs->Boots->Aegis->Frozen heart(if enemy team is heavy physical)->Soul shroud(If you don't get frozen heart)->Whatever defensive items counter enemy team.