<<< AKALI vs KATARINA?????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakkas

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showdang View Post
katarina is by far superior. she can shunpo to any target which makes her very mobile and her ult can wipe out most of a team. It's not hard to identify who has CC and wait for them to put their ability on cool down before jumping in.

Akali on the other hand is completely useless. She gets a lot of kills, mostly from kill stealing her allies, but offers nothing to a team fight. She is supposed to hunt down squished but she is more squishy herself lol. She doesn't help win games period.
gtfo low elo scrub

lmaonade200

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showdang View Post
katarina is by far superior. she can shunpo to any target which makes her very mobile and her ult can wipe out most of a team. It's not hard to identify who has CC and wait for them to put their ability on cool down before jumping in.

Akali on the other hand is completely useless. She gets a lot of kills, mostly from kill stealing her allies, but offers nothing to a team fight. She is supposed to hunt down squished but she is more squishy herself lol. She doesn't help win games period.
Oh look! sion just blew his stun! i should shunpo in and ulti right now! *does so* wait, wtf? sion just stunned me again? okay, okay, that's just OP.

SlowerThanSlow

04-07-2011

I like this thread. Makes me hawt.

Aikimiller

04-07-2011

Kat really is all about her Ult. It's a bit more useful in a team fight than Akali's. The downside being if you're up against a halfway competent team, they will cancel your ult as quickly as possible- against a heavy CC team, Akali is unquestionably a better choice, I would say. Kat also has a slightly stronger lvl 1-6, I would say having played both, because the range on her bouncing blades means with a bit of luck you can harass the heck out of your enemies.

Akali's burst damage is higher, and more repeatable in the short term because her cooldowns are shorter. However, once she's out of energy she needs to back up (but then hanging around with kat is every bit as stupid- both are squishy). Akali's smoke bomb and her spell vamp passive gives her a bit more survivability than Kat as well. On the other side, Kat can use shunpo on an ally as an escape mechanism; Akali's dash can't do this.

I personally prefer Akali, I think she's stronger, and more fun to play. She is harder to master, particularly knowing when to dive after an enemy and when not to because her escape isn't as good, and requires a pretty specific rune page. However, without the runes to support her Kat may be slightly better. Akali also has a fairly decent, if difficult to master, jungle (not to mention a truly ridiculous gank coming out of the jungle), whereas jungling with Kat is not viable.

Both require an assassin style of play; neither of them can take an enemy down from full health solo very well (although Akali is better at this with smoke bomb), and in partiuclar Kat cannot effectively gank anyone with a stun, silence, or other interrupt as these negate her ult, without which all she can do is harrass (if you're good you can pull it off with bushes and patience, but these things stop Akali as much as they do Kat). Neither one requires mana managment. A lot more people play Kat than Akali, it seems, and in general a good Kat doesn't scare me; just stay out of her Ult. A good Akali on the otherhand scares the **** outta me; she's a lot harder to counter.

My reccomendation; try them for yourself, if you can wait for them in rotation. If you want an easy assassin, go for Kat. If you want something more complicated, but with significant payoffs for work put into learning her and getting her rune page, go for Akali.

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

Also Kat's pasiive allows her to snowball if she gets a kill, Kats beter in most cases for harrassments (unless you stand in her shroud) and beter in the laning phase.

kenjou5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

wow both are pretty argueable..it would be cool if anyone could post links on both champs highlights or whatever