Can Heimer ever not be Alt+F4 dodged

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiwiTheTORT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

One thing I think would help is that if you build a new turret in a new location, instead of it destroying one of your t3 turrets from your nest it would just move it to your new location and put it to the back of the build order so that each additional turret you build will move another one from your old nest. That would also eliminate the problem where people can't move his nest because t2 and t2 get killed off before t3 turrets.

Bladecom

02-21-2010

Right now I've been Maining Heimer for about a month, and from my experience he's pretty much over whelming to your opponents when you get your setup. Getting turrets at level 1, is all you need till about level 8 or so then it's just rocket maxing out with level 1 grenade at level 4, and the ult at level 6. There is no counter to him in mid lane except for Sivir, or a 3 man gank squad call on mid.

A problem is, people under estimate his turrets, mid-late game they hit for 130+ a shot, so you rocket it, set up and upgrade a turret, throw a grenade for a stun. You gave your team a kill, and did 1/3 the health to 2 other people, maybe 3 people if you carry deathfire grasp like I do. It's so easy to get meji stacks on him, it's also hard to die.. I also get around 500-700 ability power with him, and lich bane is also amazing on him..

People do under rate him, and so many people Que dodge me for picking him, however I understand. Every game that someone else picks heimer, it upsets me how they only upgrade turrets through out the first 6 levels, it instantly tells me they're bad and will never contribute anything in a team fight or in a lane. Most of them will just put a nest in the grass and hope someone comes by.. There are a lot of bad heimers, I know this, but he is not a bad character at all.

CaptainSoda

02-21-2010

IMO they should make his rockets a passive where it would be like every 14/13/12/11/10 seconds (can be affected by CD reduction) 1 rocket fires for w/e damage.

SeventhGrave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

thing is, most heimers are total nerds who camp their turrets.
in a 5vs5 game it becomes a 4vs5 really fast.

that, and heimer seems really lame to play (never tried him due to my hatred towards him), lvl 1 turret, stack missiles, wait for people to come, fire missiles (yay 1/3 hp hit), wait for cd at your turrets.

that is your lane phase in general.

Where as right click superhero'ing Yi on noob island gives more of a challenge.

Calaminh

02-21-2010

Later in game, he's just an annoying pest that can be squished by anyone.

I have some of the best items in one game, (long one) Infinity Edge, Bloodrazor, etc), and I upgraded all 6 of my turrets to red. Sure it killed buttloads of minions, but a Pantheon's ultimate, and an Annie strolled by, and took them out easily.

I think they should make his grenades travel faster, people see a blue ball, and they start running, although his turrets in the beginning of the game are sure great harassers.

7/10 for Heimerdinger.

Kaiser69andi

02-21-2010

Well after reading through most of these posts, i am clearly sensing that most of you play with/against heimers that are either new to him or just plain bad..
I for one (70-30 wit heimer) Am not one of those little turret masssing idiots.. grenade/rockets are so much better early on.. and if you arent completly bad you can still get a lot of gold, by either grenading minions or just last hitting them.. Grenade stun / dmg/ dodge is so crazy that i usually max out rockets/grenades till lvl 10 and then pick up my ult at level 11..

Also Turrets are not worthless late game.. quite the opposite actually.. once you are rockin 200+ ap, you go with a creep wave.. place a turret nxt to a tower.. upgrade.. and watch it eat the tower.. also.. turret stackin in jungles? ownage. early on.. turrets =free gold for ranges/ aoe ability spammin heroes.. so ya..

However refering to the op.. I also get dodged a lot, however it doesnt really matter to me because at my elo i find a game every 1-2 minutes

HolyOnes

02-22-2010

I dislike heimer as well, but i think he could be very useful on smaller maps like twisted tree line have faith

StretchyStretch

02-22-2010

Ive never heard of Heimer getting dodged. He is amazing at holding a lane and isnt so bad in team fights with his blind/stun and rocket damage. He can prevent one tower from being pushed without even staying in the lane. Ill admit hes not the best in team fights but he brings other stuff to the table. Also he can be great in team fights is he lures the enemy into his turrets.

Raiden27d

02-22-2010

I Q dodge heimer every time. Every time.

CaptainSoda

02-22-2010

NV, just played with a decent heimer. He was VERY careful and made sure he didn't die so he could keep getting mejals, he ended up with about 500~ AP by the end of the game, having about 130 attack power turrets or something. In a middle of a fight he would prop one down, A Turret with 140 Attack power with 2.5 attack speed is nothing to laugh at, you have a serious threat there.