Rewarding Non-leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cozarkian

04-05-2011

Distribute the IP gains that a leaver would have earned to his teammates instead. This encourages people to try even when the game is 4 v. 5 (or 3 v. 5), because the longer they hold out, the more IP they get.

To avoid abuse, this should apply only on losses and the extra IP should be capped so the losing team can't get more than the winners.

Desperate Orphan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

i want my non leaving game streak ip bonus back....sad face.

ShrikeTheAvatar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

That is a good idea. Even just a static boost if your team has a d/c or a leaver. The 'stick it out' bonus.

TechpriestJadoko

04-05-2011

This seems like a good idea to me. Having a leaver is a horrible disadvantage that is hard to overcome.

However, this idea could be abused. Friends playing together could leave if they happen to have a large enough advantage and someone was really wanting IP badly. Someone could make a fortune really quickly.

I don't have enough trust in the Leaver Buster system to believe that it couldn't be abused.

Cozarkian

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechpriestJadoko View Post
However, this idea could be abused. Friends playing together could leave if they happen to have a large enough advantage and someone was really wanting IP badly. Someone could make a fortune really quickly.
Good point. The solution to this would be to not redistribute the IP on winning games.

Cozarkian

04-05-2011

There, I deleted the useless introduction story to make it more suggestion-friendly for Shurelia.