Need help finding a tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBlobsLie

04-05-2011

Mundo tank build

Bun Nee

04-05-2011

Wait what's wrong with Malphite?

Scannor

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy656 View Post
In the way that they can go headfirst into the enemy team and spread disruption.
Tanky and tanks are two different things.
I don't see people in ranked picking Udyr as a tank.

KPloggz

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun Nee View Post
Wait what's wrong with Malphite?
I didn't list him; he's banned often, though not as much as the other 3 I play. I'll pick him up next 3150 IP i get.

hatoraide23

04-05-2011

I dont think he was looking for a true tank. It says he already had malphite on his team. I would say if u want someone tankyish try playing blitzcrank. not sure what really qualifies him as a tank but hes similar to cho'gath in terms of cc and damage i guess. less of a strong laning phase more of a fun one.

Anarchy656

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scannor View Post
Tanky and tanks are two different things.
I don't see people in ranked picking Udyr as a tank.
If we exclude Shen, Rammus, Amumu, Malphite, Alistar and Cho there aren't a lot of choices left. I could be a **** and nitpick about an arbitrary term or I could actually help the OP by listing decent substitutes. How are you not getting this?

Aikimiller

04-06-2011

I'll throw a vote out for Nunu. He's got a crazy good jungle, lots of versatility, and makes an excellent tank if the big 3 aren't an option. Slow your enemies, buff your friends, and your ult is, when playing tank, effectively an area of effect taunt that if then enemy ignores they tend to die. You will get CC'd hard when you pop it, which some people complain makes it useless; I'd call keeping your carry alive pretty darn useful if you ask me. It's also a massive source of confusion against mediocre opponents, as their brain kicks into gear having to figure out whether to stay on target, switch to you, or run.

The real trick to tanking with him is to get a couple of early kills in, which is why ganking from the jungle is a good option. Not being as much of a pure tank as the big 3 means the gold is quite useful in keeping him alive in teamfights later.

He's also cheap at only 450 IP, so there's not really a good reason not to have him in your back pocket.

MrMinionman

04-06-2011

Moakai. Why has noone mentioned him? He's an awesome tank imo, and his abilities all match the description.

Daikaze

04-06-2011

My recommendations are Alistar and Maokai. Maokai really doesn't get the recognition he deserves, but he's a solid tank if you build him right.

Kennen still plays well as a tank as does Swain... but in ranked I don't know if anyone is really gonna see it that way.

JohnnyThrash

04-06-2011

I'm amazed no one has mentioned Galio, I'm not a fan of him per se but he is a legitimate tank. Other tank style chars I might suggest would be Mundo, Singed, Malphite, Taric, Jarvan, or Garen. While some may not be true tanks most have decent survivability and high health pools.