Need help finding a tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KPloggz

04-05-2011

This isn't a normal thread asking for a tank. I didn't just hit 30, start a ranked, then figure out my team needed a tank as I was 5th pick. No; in fact, I'm actually very proficient at tanking. I love tanking, as it is the role that can do it all. My problem runs into the fact that every tank I enjoy is always banned or picked before me.

I love Amumu. He's my favorite champ; I jungle him. Banned every game.
I love Shen. Solo laning with him is fun and effective. Banned every game.
I like Rammus. While not as much fun as Amumu for me, he's still a solid pick. Banned every game.

We have a Malphite, but it's always good to have more than 1 non-squishy. I decide to concede. I'll jungle and off-tank with Cho'Gath. I'm last pick in the whole group of 10. I tell my team, "I can jungle cho really well since my other tanks are banned." Then, just before my pick, just before the enemy team is going to lock in Alistar, they switch to Cho'Gath.

Panic sets in. We have no tank since I was gonna do it. I have Alistar, but I'm terrible with him. I've tried normal games, co-op games, building him various ways; it just doesn't work for me. I see Singed. He's free this week. I've played him once in a co-op game. 10 seconds left. I quickly pick him, switching my masteries from a jungle setup, dropping my smite for cleanse, and keeping my ghost.

The first 10 minutes of the game, I fed. I tried my best not to; my lane was pushed to our tower. I thought, "No big deal, a level 2 Akali can't kill..." FIRST BLOOD rings out in my ears. I'm dead. She ran through my poison trail, hit me with a combo at my tower, ignited me, then started to run. I ghost after her and fling her into the tower before she escapes the range and loses aggro. But no, she flashes out. Killed at level 2 by Akali tower diving me.

Basically, I always get boned in ranked matches because the 4 champs I can actually tank with are never available.

TL;DR: Amumu, Shen, Rammus, and Cho are always picked or banned. What other tank should I learn?

Anarchy656

04-05-2011

Alistar

KPloggz

04-05-2011

If you read the full post, you'll see I've tried him many times... something about his playstyle doesn't work for me.

grayrest

04-05-2011

Maokai? Kennen? Swain? You're running out of tanks when you're eliminating 6.

Anarchy656

04-05-2011

Sorry, missed that. Udyr, Jarvan or Mordekaiser perhaps?

KPloggz

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayrest View Post
Maokai? Kennen? Swain? You're running out of tanks when you're eliminating 6.
Since when are Kennen and Swain tanks?

Scannor

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy656 View Post
Sorry, missed that. Udyr, Jarvan or Mordekaiser perhaps?

How are Udyr and Jarvan tanks?

Anarchy656

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scannor View Post
How are Udyr and Jarvan tanks?
In the way that they can go headfirst into the enemy team and spread disruption.

KPloggz

04-05-2011

Jarvan is indeed very tanky and a great off-tank, and I've also seen Udyr successfully tank once. I'll give them a try next time they come free.

Saha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

tank'ish
galio, garen, mundo, gragas, jarvan, kyle, nunu, sion, taric, trundle

tank
nasus, mordekaiser, udyr

those r ur options