Blind Monk: Numbers hotfix is LIVE on NA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avatan

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRiLLaH View Post
I am definitely sure it doesn't. I've tried it after getting 4 DPS items just to ensure that I would notice it and also did it against a single minion.

No HP was received at all. Also, this is with Level 5 at 30% Spell Vamp.
Yeah, I've tried it as well.

Also, change E to actually do double dmg, but not in the sense of a bug, because that's the only skill right now making his viable.

Daddy December

04-05-2011

ho fix you say..

Dunkelzahn

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldoth View Post
Inb4alotofBlindMonks

Interesting fixes, but his biggest issues aren't his scaling, (although this will certainly fix his scaling issues hopefully), but rather his reliance on auto attacking or being in close range. However, his dash is very hard to land successfully making it hard to stay in close range to that carry with flash. In teamfights Lee Sin needs their carry to literally be standing still and nobody else moving or in the way to dash to them successfully. This is also a problem when trying to go through a carry protector (tank/support) to get to them. The support will CC you until the carry rapes your squishy ass, and the tank will tank all of your hits while the carry kills you.

His E also has a very low range for it's effect, in addition to having a high energy cost. There will rarely be times when you will be able to E -> E someone for the slow, since most of the time they'll have moved out of range. If you Q -> E -> Q -> E then you MAY be able to land it, but this is hard to do when in a teamfight.

TL;DR

His Q and his E need fixing for range. His Q also needs a projectile speed increase. Other than that he's a powerful champion.
Well, Morello did say that changes to Q like the ones you mentioned have to wait for an actual patch (which implies that they'll do it). This is only the beginning.

Archonas

04-05-2011

good start, looking forward to further fixes

Zezaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

Jesus. Looks like a massive buff.

Darkhydrox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

much appreciated

MeOdd8

04-05-2011

o.o scales quite well for lategame now

Ulare

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian View Post
I personally think this is highly unnecessary, as I've not had a single bad game with him since he's come out. All he requires to play well is knowing when to time your attacks, yes hes super squishy in melee range but he's SUPPOSED to be, he's an ASSASSIN. You get in, kill someone, cleanse, and get out. Rinse and repeat.

I mean, I'm all for buffs on one of my now favorite champions, but I have a feeling this is way too much. I honestly think he needs a cooldown increase on his W because it comes back too quickly, but otherwise hes very balanced. This might just tip him over the edge.
Whether you think he's good or not isn't the point. The general consensus is he's underpowered, and he is. You compare him to any number of assassins and all the good ones have very nice escape mechanisms with great damage and sometimes even better CC (IE Kassadin).

His damage was fairly lackluster, he requires a very lucky and good shot in a team fight on a certain target to combo which is rare, not to mention it's a slow, short ranged skillshot. His one "CC" ability is a slow which requires him to be in very close proximity to the targets for it to even work, AND he has to spend up to 100 Energy for him to even get that slow.

In short, he can't do anything another assassin could do better. He can't lane that well, he can jungle pretty decently but is not a great ganker unless he has a clear shot for his Q, his team fight ability is just plain awful, his ultimate is way too wonky thanks to him having a hard time closing in range.

These ratio buffs were completely needed, and he still needs a fix on his Q and possibly E range.

Ninja Le

04-05-2011

OP

GoRiLLaH

Recruiter

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatan View Post
Yeah, I've tried it as well.

Also, change E to actually do double dmg, but not in the sense of a bug, because that's the only skill right now making his viable.
Exactly, why are people down voting me for reporting a bug?