Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

zilean bomb could get out of you when you touch him

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadRamza

02-20-2010

zilean bombs do an ungodly amount of damage
it has already took me 400 damage in early game (and he was not fed... as a matter of fact.. me and my lane partner were feeding on him)

we can't get it out without cleanse or banshee's veil...
so i think we should make the bomb could explode in less time but gets removed by touching his partners and creeps (doing no harm to them of course)

Craixis

02-20-2010

They do 100 damage, you do not know how to counter it properly...
You ended up feeding him because you stayed close to your partner, dealing more damage to him, you run off to the side or away from your teammate to ensure the damage does not spread...
To counter Zilean, all you have to do is catch him, his physical attacks are not only slow, but wimpy, he won't be able to bomb you until 15 seconds after he planted that first bomb unless he has rewind, and even then, its another 15 seconds after that second bomb...
When fighting a Zilean, you have to rush him and take him down, he won't get that buff/debuff otherwise meaning his bombs will hit harder. If he gets that buff, his bombs are weaker or his rewind is on a longer cooldown, making it easier to deal with him.
There's also the fact that when he's defending, he's relying on you to group up with the minions to deal damage to you and the minions at the same time, if you keep him on the defensive, its not an issue, he's best at harassing extremely careful players who like to hug their turret.
In other words, learn how the enemy works, and act accordingly, Zilean is the squishiest guy in the game from start to finish, he's got 2 AoEs at one time (if both hit the same target its 300 damage plus 300 more in 4 seconds, or if it hits one target its two wide AoE 300 damage attacks after 4 seconds, split up so you don't make the damage 600)
Chronoshift is what you should be complaining about it anything, I mean, I can get it down to so short a cooldown I can use it twice in a team fight on our hardest hitter.
I'm surprised no one I've played against has *****ed about that, or maybe they don't realize how much Zilean actually does in a team fight.
I've played him, I know how he works, and I love it when people don't rush me... I can't do a thing when you're in my face other than hopefully slow you down, speed myself up, and run like a bat outta heck.

Cradum

02-28-2010

Quote:
Craixis:
They do 100 damage, you do not know how to counter it properly...
You ended up feeding him because you stayed close to your partner, dealing more damage to him, you run off to the side or away from your teammate to ensure the damage does not spread...
To counter Zilean, all you have to do is catch him, his physical attacks are not only slow, but wimpy, he won't be able to bomb you until 15 seconds after he planted that first bomb unless he has rewind, and even then, its another 15 seconds after that second bomb...
When fighting a Zilean, you have to rush him and take him down, he won't get that buff/debuff otherwise meaning his bombs will hit harder. If he gets that buff, his bombs are weaker or his rewind is on a longer cooldown, making it easier to deal with him.
There's also the fact that when he's defending, he's relying on you to group up with the minions to deal damage to you and the minions at the same time, if you keep him on the defensive, its not an issue, he's best at harassing extremely careful players who like to hug their turret.
In other words, learn how the enemy works, and act accordingly, Zilean is the squishiest guy in the game from start to finish, he's got 2 AoEs at one time (if both hit the same target its 300 damage plus 300 more in 4 seconds, or if it hits one target its two wide AoE 300 damage attacks after 4 seconds, split up so you don't make the damage 600)
Chronoshift is what you should be complaining about it anything, I mean, I can get it down to so short a cooldown I can use it twice in a team fight on our hardest hitter.
I'm surprised no one I've played against has *****ed about that, or maybe they don't realize how much Zilean actually does in a team fight.
I've played him, I know how he works, and I love it when people don't rush me... I can't do a thing when you're in my face other than hopefully slow you down, speed myself up, and run like a bat outta heck.

You get in Zilean's face and you could be invulnerable for 3 seconds from reincarnation, but he'd still die.

OMBlah

02-28-2010

Whenever I'm Zilean I constantly harass with bombs. Run back, harass s'more. If they can't heal they have to leave after 3-4 rounds. If they can heal. I move to another lane where they can't heal =).

When I'm against Zilean, I'm constantly harassed with bombs. The only counter out there is Morgana.
Sivir isn't very effective because her shield has like no duration, and has to be used right before he casts it.

Tyvor

02-28-2010

Why are people complaining about Zilean?

Run AWAY from your lane partner when you have a bomb on you, and if you see Zilean approaching, back off, that simple...if you still find the damage significant, I have two words for you: Magic Resist.

It's his only damage spell with a significant cooldown, with the exception of the Bomb>Rewind>Bomb combo, which leaves him vulnerable afterwards.

People should really try using some common sense before asking for nerfs on reasonable heroes.

GuiltyConscience

02-28-2010

I have no problem with the damage, it's the range i have a problem with, he can pop those bombs on you with no risk at all, i have no idea why they increased it's range, but i hope they change it back.

EvenSlower

02-28-2010

question for you who know Zilian:
is it posible for a enemy Zilian + Mordekaiser combo to 100% ABSORB the damage from a double-timebomb without any items?

Just a match against this combo (5man was premade as it seams) and laned against this Zilian + Mordekaiser combo. From level 1 to the end of the match the hole group took SERO damage from my timebombs!
Even if I managed to get 4 bombs ou in teamfights ... the hole group just ignored them 100%.

Benshees? yea, once. So the second should hit!
But with level 1 at the beginning of the match you don't have Benshees at all!

I checked all my spells Zilian has. I checked out Mordekaiser ... his own shield and his castable shield ... but is this enough to absorb 2 timebombs with level 3?

They had boots with little MR but no other item. So I could understand, if they take LESS damage ... but they took SERO damage and ignored my bombs all the time!
HOW?

Zoro The Otter

02-28-2010

Quote:
EvenSlower:
question for you who know Zilian:
is it posible for a enemy Zilian + Mordekaiser combo to 100% ABSORB the damage from a double-timebomb without any items?

Just a match against this combo (5man was premade as it seams) and laned against this Zilian + Mordekaiser combo. From level 1 to the end of the match the hole group took SERO damage from my timebombs!
Even if I managed to get 4 bombs ou in teamfights ... the hole group just ignored them 100%.

Benshees? yea, once. So the second should hit!
But with level 1 at the beginning of the match you don't have Benshees at all!

I checked all my spells Zilian has. I checked out Mordekaiser ... his own shield and his castable shield ... but is this enough to absorb 2 timebombs with level 3?

They had boots with little MR but no other item. So I could understand, if they take LESS damage ... but they took SERO damage and ignored my bombs all the time!
HOW?

It's possible for Mord if he does damage fast enough (aka creep farm with Metal Shards).

EvenSlower

02-28-2010

ok. for Mordekaiser ALONE.
But what about the other 4 Heros who took sero damage all the time?

Craixis

02-28-2010

Enemy zilean plants a bomb on your target, his bomb cancels your bomb...
Its a glitch, I think they're looking into it.