[Strategy] Auto-attacking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiterallyAPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-20-2010

Hi, I'm new to LoL (played DotA a bit a few years ago, play HoN fairly regularly), and I was wondering how you deal with autoattackers when you're soloing mid. I was playing Annie recently and the other team's Solo-mid Teemo used his range and poison to continually push my creeps up to the turret. I know in theory playing near my turret is safer but at the rate he was going my turret was down in like 6-8 minutes. How do I deal with people who push so strongly right from level 1? By moving into range to try to put some pressure on them they have a higher damage output. This has happened in several games I've played now with a variety of heroes and I'm at a loss as to how to prevent it from happening :\

Tousei

02-20-2010

As a mage against Teemo solomid you have much better burst. Build up Pyromania stacks with last hits on Disentigrate and when you have your stun charged up, move up as if you were going to cast on Teemo. He should backpedal rapidly. If he decides to get an autoattack off on you you should be able to stun him and follow with Incinerate. There isn't enough regen from Vampiric Scepter to keep up with that kind of damage once you're level 3 so he should back off whenever your stun comes up so start playing mindgames with him at that point.

Edit: If you have potions vs his Vampiric Scepter, once you hit either level 3 or 5 you should be able to outpace his damage and force him to BP faster than his poison can BP you if you trade volleys of spells against his autoattack poison.

flankd

The Council

02-20-2010

Your starter items vs his are important to compare, like Tousei mentions... if teemo is auto attacking that much you should be auto attacking as well (just make sure you're still getting last hits) and try to have a capable ganker gank him pre-6... because even if the Teemo just blows flash or something, he will have to play a lot more defensive until his flash comes back up... in which case you just keep hitting him with your stun every 5 casts or w/e... Teemo is a good solo mid hero, he's hard to play against sometimes but keep in mind that your a caster... Teemos are much better at denying other ranged physical carries than casters (i think, from my experience anyways...) you should be able to keep up in terms of harassing if you're hitting him with Q and W each time stun is up... chances are, it will be a very very fast paced 1v1... in terms of depleting health potions and your mana bar... sometimes this just happens, its not like nidalee vs teemo or something where both people cant really do anything to eachother.

If he steps up to harass you, make sure you either dont get hit at all or hit him back just as hard... also, if he's pushing like that, chances are when you actually do attack him... his larger than normal wave of creeps will own you so make sure you leash the creeps as soon as you do hit him.