Who is the best Support Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Folly Inc

02-01-2012

I would say Janna or Sona, Zilean's ult is avoidable, and can be countered with executes until late game, where you just shift focus until the ult runs out.

ViashinoWizard

02-01-2012

You two realize this thread is eight months old right.

newbin

02-02-2012

This thread is old but is actually informational. That said all the supports are the best it really depends on your team composition as to which fits best. some heal better, some have better CC, some have better harass, and a very few can do all well. It really depends on your team and what you need.

CaptaynePetras

11-16-2012

``=4231`\\mbvmbn

Qsario

11-18-2012

I may be biased, but I have to go with Janna. Nerf or no, she has a good kit with a lot of possibilities. Though I am a bit disturbed to find that I have more than a few games with more assists than CS right now.

Yeah, my match history is a little weird at the moment....
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/32977208#history

USAupinher

11-20-2012

I play a aggressive support so that the enemy adc gets fewer CS

-taric- because of his ult and armor buff. His stun has a pretty short CD as well (the way I build him). Can't be very aggressive with him though

-lux- you can be super aggressive, check bushes, and great for catching runners. I also love her late game when you can use her ult every 20s which really throws off the other team's carries if you hit them both before the team fight starts.

-anivia- Not a typical support but played correctly she dominates in the laning phase. her Q out of the bushes scares the hell out of the other team giving your partner the upper hand with CS. And nothing is more satisfying than splitting up a team with a wall or sectioning off runners and they have no other place to go. She stuns and has 2 team slows. As a side note if you got some one trolling or really annoying you, you can wall off your team mate assuring that they die

Lorrayn

11-20-2012

Kayle, Sona, and Janna have ultimates that can turn a team fight around
Karma, galio, zilean buff like there's no tomorrow
Teemo is a ward and excellent harasser with his passive.
Zyra, Lux, alistar, blitzcrank, fiddle, nunu have a lot of CC
Soraka is an excellent healer

Overall, there is no best support, it depends on the situation, and who your adc is

EndlessReign

11-20-2012

It is important to note that Blitzcrank is often the first ban now in ranked/draft play. He was not created to be a support but riot has nerfed the true supports to death and now it is becoming more and more popular to support with a mage or blitzcrank (ap bruiser). Bot lanes now are turning into kill lanes with the intention of getting your carry fed early. Blitz pull on adc is almost a guaranteed kill and you can miss 100 pulls as long as you land the one that gets your adc snowballing. Mages also tend to get the adc fed: zyra, lux, fiddle, morgana are becoming more and more common as supports. I think too that so many people are bored of playing support champs (so few new ones are released and even when they are its still boring to be the support).

All that said I still think that Janna is the best support (if the person playing her knows what they are doing, as well as that person's teammates). Janna can change the game in so many ways. Her kit is extremely versatile and you can constantly keep the enemies guessing as to what you are going to do next. She has 3 cc abilities, 1 heal ability (affects all allies in the bubble), 2 movement speed buffs (one for her and one for her whole team), a sheild that can be cast on allies and allied turrets, and finally an AD buff; all of this in just 4 spells and a passive.

ChaosIsOrder

11-21-2012

Karma. But only in skilled hands. Seems a lot of people forget that she has a damaging AoE that not only heals a flat amount, but also a percentage of the target's missing health. That makes it better than any other heal, because it can heal tanks just as well as AP carries. Not to mention the 3.6 second cooldown at max CDR. Oh, and her super-powered shield with AoE damage, her slowing/speed boosting tether that damages and applies the buff/debuff to anything it touches, and her epic passive that gives her an extra Rabadons and is great for baiting. Yeah, those are nice, too.

Dovahkiin1525

05-13-2013

Soraka definetly
Plus she can go ap too