Who is the best Support Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

falcoBoat

04-04-2011

Janna or Zilean, Sona/Karma can't compare. In terms of the main pros/cons as I see them:

Both have an excellent passive.
Zilean can push and farm *significantly* faster, if that is your goal.
Janna has the best control over when and how team fights occur.
Zilean's ulti is amazing, especially with certain heroes.

Karma has no CC and no ultimate and Sona doesn't do much/anything after she ultis. True story.

Chingmeister

04-05-2011

I prefer Sivir to a support. Movespeed that can't be removed by snare stacking lets you overrun the oppposing team + push multiple towers down.

SlimJimm13

04-05-2011

Janna, Taric, and Zilean are great utility and support and can save team mates often.

Janna- Great CC, shield, AoE heal.

Taric- Incredible burst heal, shield, awesome stun

Zil- Op and spammable ult making team mates invulnerable, a death sentence slow/speed buff.

Sona is basically a walking buff. She barely has to do anything, but she makes the whole team much more powerful passively.

I don't know about Karma, she seems like a Taric who traded stun for damage.

Yellow Jester

04-05-2011

Karma is very strong currently, she has an AoE heal on a low cooldown and a shield on a low cooldown, combined with very strong AoE damage potential.

BlackNadir

04-05-2011

Thanks for the input, all.

So, Janna and Zil can fill almost any team composition, then? Is one better for solo, group ranked, 3v3, or anything like that?

I tend to prefer Janna over Zil, but Zil's ult is pretty amazing.

Would it be safe to say, that if my team needs something tanky, I could build a tank/ap Taric, and if my team has a tank already, I could play Janna and follow my carry around for the glory? I mean, if I wanted to play support, one of those two would be able to fit into every game?

What are the best ways to build Janna and Taric? Anyone have suggestions or links to good guides?

For Janna, I tend to start with Tear, then hit boots 1, Archangel Staff, upgrade to Ionian Boots, and after that it tends to depend one what exactly I'm up against and how I'm doing. I haven't established a set build for her.

For Taric, I tend to start with Chalice, Ionian Boots, Aegis, and after that my build starts to vary depending on my opponents and team.

NerdyDan

04-05-2011

with janna you should get mercury treads first, then build tanky group support items like aegis (for sure) and soul shroud.

totally ignore AP, max cdr and get good MR and defence.

you are there mostly for cc anyway, and you are so useful with even 0 AP.

after the core items just buy wards all the time

BlackNadir

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyDan View Post
totally ignore AP, max cdr and get good MR and defence.

you are there mostly for cc anyway, and you are so useful with even 0 AP.
Wouldn't she be more effective with higher AP for her shield and ultimate healing ability? I can understand not springing for the rabadon's deathcap, but not something like Morello's Evil Tomb? That has CDR and AP on it.

With Rod of Ages, Ionian boots, Morello's and some runes, I'd have some nice CDR and decent AP going on. All my other items could be defensive ones. Maybe?

CriticalRA

04-05-2011

Zil is the best given how amazing his ult is. IMO

1. Zil
2. Karma (ONLY if your team is even decent....good really, if not Janna.)
3. Janna

I personally play Karma better than anytihng else so I want to put her as 1 but lets face is Zil has that spot on lock. But I do believe Karam is 100% better than Janna in every way. Build her correctly and she can be a tremendous assest to a team...even a bad one. Not tuting my own horn but I've honestly never seen a better one than me. Actually I hardly ever see her in general lol.

Dhomer

04-05-2011

My vote is for ashe. Volley/Frost to cover retreats, hawk shot to help prevent ganks. At higher levels with a good item build she does really mean DPS. Team that up with the frost shot so they cant run.

HeyImRichard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

What about soraka? She can heal a champ for 1085 plus hp in about a second with her w, r, and heal summoner spell combo at lvl 18.