Soraka and Kayle - the Ugly Stepchildren of the Supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NcSmile

02-20-2010

yep yep, we need a very hot kayle so she has big mellons and ppl start playin her again

Layotees

02-20-2010

The less DPS a character puts out, the less useful they're going to be outside of a premade. Janna, Kayle, and Soraka are all very heavy support, and while they are all good pics, they rarely work out in a normal queue because they make effective team play more rewarding, and don't really do anything if team play isn't happening.

Yes, Taric is a good pub support character. Why? Because he adds a lot of damage to a team with good carries, providing the support aspect of his character can be done easily without very much management of friendlies as his single target heal doesn't have any other benefit than the straight health. It is however a game of diversity, and every champ shouldn't be designed with solo queueing as them in mind.

CapnForc

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillspawn View Post
If you're stomping the enemy team, Soraka will make you stomp that much faster because you'lll never have to return home because with a locket she'll heal all of you and give you mana 24/7.
This.
When I play Soraka, at the 25 minute mark, I set up camp in the middle and don't leave until they push back or we win.

myts

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Oh, and she's got without question, the worst heal in the game. Healing such an infinitesimal amount that it's hardly even worth mentioning.
I build Kayle AP and I like the design of her skills.
But her heal is pathetic and useless during team fights.
I pretty much use it just for running away or to proc lich bane.
It needs to be fixed to increase heal or reduce cooldown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I know the Council likes to pop bubbles on DPS characters, but perhaps they should find another viable strategy so that Kayle and Twitch don't have to be attatched at the hip and she'll be viable at lower tiers? Making a Champion that is totally useless for 90 second intervals is an awful idea.
It doesn't have to be twitch. She's pretty effective at supporting any fragile carry.
And I disagree that she's not viable at lower tiers.
She has a low learning curve due to survivability and that helps a lot when you're first learning the game.
She is both fun and viable at low tier.