Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runes for AP Hero.. Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pubstar

Recruiter

02-19-2010

I just want a general AP build. Right now I am getting Magic Pen Quin's and Magic Pen's for the red slots but don't know what to do for blue/yellow.

condon

Recruiter

02-19-2010

I do Red pen, Yellow dodge or HP, Blue CDR, speed Quints. I almost always use blue CDR and yellow dodge, no matter the hero.

pubstar

Recruiter

02-19-2010

hmm interesting thanks. You sure not more CDR on yellows?

condon

Recruiter

02-19-2010

To each their own, but I find I avoid thick items on casters, and dodge very difficult to get without dropping a tonne of gold. If it's any consolation, I used to have trouble deciding what to put in yellow until I gave up, said **** it, and filled it all up with dodge.

pubstar

Recruiter

02-19-2010

i think i'll try out your dodge strat... it seems solid esp when getting solo against twitch or nidalee

SmecssRaege

02-20-2010

Red: Magic Penetration
Yellow: Mana Regen / LvL or Hp/Lvl (i prefer mana regen massively)
Blue: Flat CDR or CDR/LvL or... More Mana Regen / LvL
Quint: Magic Pen or Flat HP

The mana regen is just crazy.... @ lvl 30, all yellow/blues as clarity (mp5/lvl) with utility spec i feel it almost impossible to run out of mana on any hero i play, many of which i just forgo buying any mana regen completely, and survive with just runes and the 5mp5 from utility tree spec

P.S: They are also cheap as hell too! 205IP for a t3 rune O_o

MegaHero

02-20-2010

Red: Magic Pen
Blue: Magic Pen
Yellow: HP
Quints: 2 HP 1 Magic Pen

It's hot.

Coach Ace

02-20-2010

I have full AP runes page, i use it for eve,Ryze,sion and teemo.