Tier 3 chars vs tier 1 chars - something must be done

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

d2king10

02-22-2010

haha, really? Veigar, really? Now don't get me wrong, I used to main Veigar, and I really love his play style, but he is nowhere near top tier. At the lanning phase, all the other team has to do is harass him until he has to port or can't get enough last hit on creeps. He is EXTREMELY squishy, and most of the time all it takes is one stun and he is gone.

I do really like Veigar, but honestly, I would never play him in a high ELO, considering they would just shut you down the entire laning phase making it impossible to come back late game.

Craixis

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2king10 View Post
haha, really? Veigar, really? Now don't get me wrong, I used to main Veigar, and I really love his play style, but he is nowhere near top tier. At the lanning phase, all the other team has to do is harass him until he has to port or can't get enough last hit on creeps. He is EXTREMELY squishy, and most of the time all it takes is one stun and he is gone.

I do really like Veigar, but honestly, I would never play him in a high ELO, considering they would just shut you down the entire laning phase making it impossible to come back late game.
With a good lane partner, Veigar can Decimate, his stun has amazing range and his Ult can set up for a very powerful Nuke combo, give him invlun or a Rez and he's all the more troublesome in a team fight killing your strongest hitters and stunning your entire team. He's the only charact that I've seen kill enemies in 1 skill, and that's when we were losing horribly, with the right assistance, he's a great carry.

Bigricky

02-22-2010

Theres the problem, and that's why he's low tier. Way too many "ifs" involved in a veigar being good. Too many champions can do what he does better and with less effort while also having more reliable CC and more versatile ultimates. How is he Top tier if other champions work better in general which makes them work even better with a bigger variety of lane partners.

being Situationally good doesnt make a champion top tier. Top tier champions have a place in almost every team comp while Lower tier champions CAN be effective if they have a team built around their skill set. Which sounds more efficient to you?

Now dont get me wrong...I am not saying that low tier champions "suck". What I am saying however is that certain variables make them less viable in many situations. Veigar might be a beast late game when geared out, but he won't have a late game if his early game is too weak or if he fails in any common situation that denies him the resources required to be a beast. This goes for a ton of champions but some more so than others. This pushes them down the tier list under other champions.

Brozan

02-22-2010

Just to chime in here, but I bought the champion bundle after playing Blitz for a while. So, I've been toying with the "expensive" champs and the one thing I see being the three major differences is COMBOS, skillshots, and being interesting. The only one that doesn't really fit this mold is Twitch (he's strong, but not interesting/comobo intensive/skillshot).

Shaman323

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozan View Post
Just to chime in here, but I bought the champion bundle after playing Blitz for a while. So, I've been toying with the "expensive" champs and the one thing I see being the three major differences is COMBOS, skillshots, and being interesting. The only one that doesn't really fit this mold is Twitch (he's strong, but not interesting/comobo intensive/skillshot).
I agree with you, but just partly. In my case I cant buy a bundle, and the reason is fairly simple - Imagine if it cost you not 10, but 30$ , I'm not gonna spend that kind of money on a game for now I only tried out Kat and some free chars ( I mean the high tear ones)
TRUE - higher tier champs are ALOT more fun to play, BUT I just finished a game like 5 mins ago, yet again with Kat and my conclusion about her is, that she is fairly good at first part of the game, later on, when everyone has geared up, she can only go and win a 1x1 (yet again, only if you play smart, and it is still preaty challenging), she CANT push a lane very effectively, just because, as I mentioned earlyer, she just doesnt have the damage or att speed =s I just dont see some high tier chars such as Kat contributing to the win, as much as some low tiers do =/