Tier 3 chars vs tier 1 chars - something must be done

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainSoda

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillspawn View Post
you take yi, i'll take katarina and i'll problably kill you 1v1 every time.
"dats right beetch im gonna ult u- wait come back whyd u have to use highlander?"

Craixis

02-21-2010

Yi alpha strike farms well, fiddles farms well, Ashe farms very well, Teemo can farm very well and become a heavy hitting DPS late game, Tyrn also farms well...
Ryze, he doesn't take that much to get a Pew Pew factor behind his nukes, and he decimates. Nunu's ult if it goes off hurts, and a good nunu will wait till after stuns have been thrown to jump in and use it, just like a good fiddles will fear a stunner after warping in with his ult.

I could go on, Yi can end up killing a whole team alone if not handled with an exhaust, same can be said for twitch. Teemo can be useful in the end game fights, if played smart, however most people get used to the "minigun of doom" setting so commonly seen on him.

Taric is also a great farmer and isn't too reliant on items of any sort, and his ult is incredibly powerful in a physical deeps team. Taric is wanted for how well he does at the end game.

Every character has their strengths and weaknesses for their tier, the higher tier ones come with a bit more tricks in their bag, so they take a little longer to master...
I mean, look at Zilean, he's the only character that can dish out 200 damage at level 2... Speed up or slow down enemies, respawn the correct team member at the last second so he doesn't waste his ult.
People can play him as an AP character, who dishes out quick hit and run damage while reviving allies with huge amounts of hp, a cooldown character, who can pop two revives in a single fight and place multiple bombs on every enemy, slow them all down or speed up all allies.
Zilean can do more, and he's harder to master because of it, each of the higher tiers are...

The lower tiers are all quick to pick up and master. Sivir, that boomerang if aimed right can deal massive damage, but its dodgeable, her ricochete is incredibly good at farming minions, her ult speeds up and increases all her allies attack speed. Is that not alot to bring to the table?

Ashe can farm incredibly well, is excellent at slowing enemies, can stun one enemy, deals incredible amounts of damage if built right, yet she's tier one. Your logic is flawed, man, might wanna relook at the tiers.

Bigricky

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
Yi alpha strike farms well, fiddles farms well, Ashe farms very well, Teemo can farm very well and become a heavy hitting DPS late game, Tyrn also farms well...
Ryze, he doesn't take that much to get a Pew Pew factor behind his nukes, and he decimates. Nunu's ult if it goes off hurts, and a good nunu will wait till after stuns have been thrown to jump in and use it, just like a good fiddles will fear a stunner after warping in with his ult.

I could go on, Yi can end up killing a whole team alone if not handled with an exhaust, same can be said for twitch. Teemo can be useful in the end game fights, if played smart, however most people get used to the "minigun of doom" setting so commonly seen on him.

Taric is also a great farmer and isn't too reliant on items of any sort, and his ult is incredibly powerful in a physical deeps team. Taric is wanted for how well he does at the end game.

Every character has their strengths and weaknesses for their tier, the higher tier ones come with a bit more tricks in their bag, so they take a little longer to master...
I mean, look at Zilean, he's the only character that can dish out 200 damage at level 2... Speed up or slow down enemies, respawn the correct team member at the last second so he doesn't waste his ult.
People can play him as an AP character, who dishes out quick hit and run damage while reviving allies with huge amounts of hp, a cooldown character, who can pop two revives in a single fight and place multiple bombs on every enemy, slow them all down or speed up all allies.
Zilean can do more, and he's harder to master because of it, each of the higher tiers are...

The lower tiers are all quick to pick up and master. Sivir, that boomerang if aimed right can deal massive damage, but its dodgeable, her ricochete is incredibly good at farming minions, her ult speeds up and increases all her allies attack speed. Is that not alot to bring to the table?

Ashe can farm incredibly well, is excellent at slowing enemies, can stun one enemy, deals incredible amounts of damage if built right, yet she's tier one. Your logic is flawed, man, might wanna relook at the tiers.
97% of what you just said is wrong. I think you should do some research. No offense

JonneyMarket

02-21-2010

Yi isn't weak! I'm a fairly experienced player (By no means a leet) and i've played several characters... and Yi is still my favorite. Sure yi only does physical attack damage, and has no range, and only a moderate amount of health. None of that matters, because he dominates! Here's a few examples: in one game I managed to destroy 11 of the enemies turrets (there are only 15 buildings in a game), each in under 10 seconds (probably around 5), Yi is great for pushing and pursuing with his highlander, and Yi farms gold like a mad man. Once he's all the way buffed, with some fancy (and pricey) items ... Yi can three shot almost any hero in 1.5 seconds... hmm not game changing. I beg to differ.

Last night I was playing amumu and another player, yi. Our base was desolate, with the Nexus' turrets destroyed. However our yi charged into the enemy base and in a matter of minutes the enemy base was on fire. We were 30 seconds from winning... but I (whom was supposed to be guarding the base) got distracted watching Yi blow everything up at light speed... that one or two of the enemies sneaked by me... destroyed the nexus and we lost! *facepalm* But that's beyond the point. My point is... why not make Yi a teir t2 or t3 character, don't nerf him. He's useful in plenty of ways, you've just got to think outside the box.

CryHavoc

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonneyMarket View Post
Yi isn't weak!
Top tier players never ever play Yi except for the lulz.

Quote:
I'm a fairly experienced player

that one or two of the enemies sneaked by me... destroyed the nexus and we lost!
Sorry, but these statements are entirely contradictory.

Yi is useless if he is CCed. End of story. I used to play Yi a lot until I realized that he is nigh on worthless against good players.

Urkuu

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingledot View Post
Tier 3 champs usually require more skill, thats all. They aren't any stronger, but they aren't very friendly to newbies. Why the pricing tiers? I don't know exactly, perhaps as an incentive to buy riot points to avoid having to farm up 6000 IP for one champ.
twitch takes no skill fyi the rest of them do tho

Bigricky

02-21-2010

Actually twitch does take skill...if you dont have a strong sense of positioning and when to attack in teamfights you will get annihilated instantly (unless ur fed)

Craixis

02-21-2010

Oh, so you're saying that Ashe isn't good at farming, Sivir isn't good at farming, and Yi isn't good at farming?
Sivir's boomerang doesn't deal a quarter of your life per hit?
People can't play Zilean as a Cooldown hero?

If your arguement is going to be that I'm wrong, you might wanna double check my post before you argue logic. I stated my point and pointed out where your train of thought was taking a wrong turn, if you want to offend me by pretending to read my post and stating that's its wrong, feel free (no offense means nothing if you don't back it up with good logic.)

Twitch does take skill to play, he can't just jump in and start killing people like rambo, he has to keep a good distance from an enemy (unfed, you try popping up point blank to a fiddlesticks and tell me that you'll win that fight)

I appreciate how you're trying to help the topic, but can you please read my post and actually listen to my points?
Or if you were serious, can you please point out your logic then, because I'm not seeing it.

Bigricky

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
Oh, so you're saying that Ashe isn't good at farming, Sivir isn't good at farming, and Yi isn't good at farming?
Sivir's boomerang doesn't deal a quarter of your life per hit?
People can't play Zilean as a Cooldown hero?

If your arguement is going to be that I'm wrong, you might wanna double check my post before you argue logic. I stated my point and pointed out where your train of thought was taking a wrong turn, if you want to offend me by pretending to read my post and stating that's its wrong, feel free (no offense means nothing if you don't back it up with good logic.)

Twitch does take skill to play, he can't just jump in and start killing people like rambo, he has to keep a good distance from an enemy (unfed, you try popping up point blank to a fiddlesticks and tell me that you'll win that fight)

I appreciate how you're trying to help the topic, but can you please read my post and actually listen to my points?
Or if you were serious, can you please point out your logic then, because I'm not seeing it.
I did read your post...

Yi is not good at farming and not good at harassing. He's easy to push around in a lane and completely out level and out gear.

Sivir is great at farming and she's also a Tier 1 champion.
Ashe is a great farmer but she's amazingly squishy and easy to harass if you dodge her stupidly bugged multishot(sometimes it goes through creeps) and outside of her Ulti she has no "hard" CC (stun/fear/taunt)

Zilean has imbalanced early game with his football field range on time bomb, but he is still low Tier due to having no real "hard" CC's and less burst than other higher Tier nukers.

What you said about twitch is kind of wrong...unless you're extremely fed. In some cases where a Malphite initiates the fight and Ultis their whole team then maybe you could go rambo. But most often Twitch must pop out shooting them in a line with a couple shots. Then slow and move to another position to lose champions focus. Then come back and shoot some more to expunge. (of course expunge first if they are all taking major damage for a couple kills)

Craixis

02-21-2010

I never said he was good at harassing, I said his alpha strike makes him a great farmer (it also adds a bit of harassability to him though, if it ricochets right), all I said about twitch is that you can't go in there guns blazing and hope for the best, basically what you are saying about him, so I don't know why you are trying to contridict me... there.
You said that Tier one was not great at farming, I argued that it was, you agree with me sivir and Ashe are great farmers no? Ashe doesn't have a really hard CC, but Ryze does (and he's tier one too).
Tier one's are also marked as "easy" to learn, Tier two vary between medium difficulty and semi-hard difficulty, while Tier 3 character have plenty of tricks up their sleeves to mess with enemies, but are more situational.