Tier 3 chars vs tier 1 chars - something must be done

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaman323

02-19-2010

Ok, just as the title states - tier 1 vs tier 3 (or any other for that matter). I am a little bit confused and annoyed, since I bought Katharina ( as I imagine its a tier 3 char ), and I discovered, that she is ALOT weaker in allmost ANY combat situation, than most of other chars that I have tried =s
Lets compare master Yi and Katharina:
(compared to each a nother)
Master yi's advantages: ALOT higher dmg, att speed, and I dont remember for sure, but I think run speed and health. Yi allso needs a lot less gold from the shop to be able to start ganking.

Master yi's disadvanteges: low mana (clarity helps to avoid this disadvantage)

Katharina's advantages: No mana, and her shunpo. (I dont see any more, if you do, please enlighten me)

Katharina's disadvantages: Low dmg, low attack speed, low armor, lower hp, lower running speed and so on.

Concidering skills - Shunpo <= Alpha strike; Bouncing blade < Alpha strike or Wuju style; Killer inscincts > meditate ( strangely ), Death lotus <<< Highlander ( these are totally unmatched skills ).

From the point of view of your team mates - master yi is a very important adition to the team, who deals really high damage. Katharina - isnt a very important adition to the team, aspecially, because she is a ks'er.

I mean in practicly ALL aspects a tier 1 char ( which costs arount 500 IP ) is ALOT better than a tier 3 char ( which costs 3k IP ), and if you are thinking: "so okay, these are just two chars, others are different" - NO, around 97% of tier 1 and tier 2 chars I tried were better or equal to tier 3 or tier 4 chars, and so I personally think that something must be done - either higher tier chars should have theyr stats and skills improved (damage increased, stun added, etc.) OR lower tier chars should be nerfed - its just plain logics.

I would be glad to hear other peoples oppinions )

PS. sorry for the mistakes if there are any, its 2 am at the moment, and I can barely keep my eyes open

Dreix

02-19-2010

no.

Chillspawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreix View Post
no.
This.

But seriously, whats the cooldown, on Shunpo, and whats the cooldown on Alphastrike?

Can you Alpha strike friendlies?

Killer Instinct + Bouncing Blade vs Meditate for the lulz.

All of Yi's harassing has to be done in melee range, Katarina can keep harassing with her bouncing blade

70% dodge vs Yi = lulz.

So many other things I could say.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

Tier 3 champs usually require more skill, thats all. They aren't any stronger, but they aren't very friendly to newbies. Why the pricing tiers? I don't know exactly, perhaps as an incentive to buy riot points to avoid having to farm up 6000 IP for one champ.

redrover22

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreix View Post
no.
QFT
/thread

Shaman323

02-20-2010

I agree that katharina requires more skill to play, and that I am not very good with her, since I had like 4 games with her, but I am not a newbie anymore, and I handle her quite nicely. But the thing is (i'll compare with Yi again, since he was my main) at lvl 12 I think, yi can allready one hit or at least one skill hit mobs, and katha cant really do that. If concidering fights against other players - holding out a lane 1x1 is a bit easyer with katharina, but at endgame, I think she comes out to be ALOT weaker than Yi and a lot of other chars I tried out for that matter =/

aceca

02-20-2010

plus Kat got nerfed into oblivion

KhaoticImp

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceca View Post
plus Kat got nerfed into oblivion
This didnt help

Chillspawn

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman323 View Post
I agree that katharina requires more skill to play, and that I am not very good with her, since I had like 4 games with her, but I am not a newbie anymore, and I handle her quite nicely. But the thing is (i'll compare with Yi again, since he was my main) at lvl 12 I think, yi can allready one hit or at least one skill hit mobs, and katha cant really do that. If concidering fights against other players - holding out a lane 1x1 is a bit easyer with katharina, but at endgame, I think she comes out to be ALOT weaker than Yi and a lot of other chars I tried out for that matter =/
You take Yi, I'll take Katarina and I'll problably kill you 1v1 every time.

Shaman323

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillspawn View Post
You take Yi, I'll take Katarina and I'll problably kill you 1v1 every time.

Not arguing, but I would really like to try a 1x1 game with you